• Topic Title

• Topic description
Challenge fellow quizzers by posting your favourite questions and quizzes here.

Moderators: playgirl, JUS, rodbox

#41463 by treble1999
Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:51 am
Family Fortunes style questions keep popping up in posted quizzes, so I thought why not try out a complete round of them?

Obviously, the contestants on Family Fortunes don't know the results of the survey beforehand, so we need a way to keep the survey private. Using Private Messages (PMs) is the way to do that.

So we need volunteers. Two people to actually play the game, and as many as possible to conduct the survey via PMs. I willl supply ten questions for each volunteer to vote on. (Simple stuff, like 'Name something you would find in a garden'. It will probably be necessary to get 2 or 3 answers off each volunteer to get enough variety in answers.)

If this takes off, we could have a different person setting the questions each time and a different couple of players.

VOLUNTEERS PLEASE! :D
Reply below and say whether you'd be prepared to play or to take part in the survey or both.

#41467 by steady66
Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:57 am
you can put me down for both Treble

#41468 by Zevon
Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:16 am
I can certainly volunteer to help with the survey, private life is very busy so may not be able to compete as a contestant.

Great idea.

#41511 by JUS
Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:40 pm
I'll join in........whichever way u need :D

#41544 by rodbox
Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:32 pm
Happy to help

#41601 by playgirl
Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:44 pm
Me too!!!! :D

#41634 by Jack Tempest
Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:28 pm
Can I join the crack elite squad too? :D

#41651 by treble1999
Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:55 am
It's going well. Could do with a couple more though.

#41654 by beanie_hotpot
Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:53 am
i'm up for that :D :D

#41755 by treble1999
Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:38 pm
I PMd Bigal and he's away in Portugal (lucky man!) so he won't be with us. We might as well take it from here then.

steady66 and JUS were the first to indicate they would be willing to be contestants, so we'll have them in the head to head. That means I'll be PMing everyone else with ten questions which you all need to PM me back with your responses. That way the results will be kept secret from steady66 and JUS.

Once I have them all, I'll post the questions on here for them to have a go at. Your responses, adjusted as if they had come from a hundred in a survey, will determine the outcome.

In order to have enough responses so that enough will be similar, everyone will be asked to give three different ansers to each of the ten questions in the survey. Thanks.

You should have the PMs tomorrow.

#41759 by treble1999
Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:07 pm
PMs have been sent. With 7 doing the survey, we should have 21 answers, which is just about enough.

Zevon, Savage Hamster, rodbox, tim.666, playgirl, Jack Tempest and beanie_hotpot, if you haven't received a PM, let me know.

steady 66 and JUS, watch this space!
:D
#41777 by rodbox
Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:08 am
Not received anything yet.

Rod

#41782 by treble1999
Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:28 am
I made a mistake with the PMs, sorry. I thought that I could edit the sender to save copying new ones, but it only sent the last one. As I don't know who that affercted, I'll send them all again. If you've already returned yours, ignore it.

PS - although I've asked for 3 responses to each question, it's okay to use the same answer twice or even three times on any question. It's up to you.

#41889 by treble1999
Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:16 pm
You will hardly believe this, but my relative unfamiliararity with PMs has led to another problem. The PM I sent to Jus and her reply should explain it.

I've just done something really stupid. I thought I was deleting old PMs from my Inbox but I was not. I've deleting everything from my Savebox. All the responses for the Family Fortunes survey were in there. Is there any way to retrieve them?

No................................admit u've cocked up and ask everyone to resend.............they wont mind............they prob wont have deleted their messages and can copy and paste and resend

You should have your response in your SendBox to copy. If you don't, I'll send you another. SORRY! I will get this off the ground eventually. :oops:

playgirl, as you sent yours after this happened, I've still got it.