• Topic Title

• Topic description
Challenge fellow quizzers by posting your favourite questions and quizzes here.

Moderators: playgirl, JUS, rodbox

#107897 by IAN B
Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:49 am
01. WHAT NUMBER LINKS THE UK No1 SINGLES FEATURNG CHRISTINA AGUILERA, THE HIGHEST UK CHART POSITION REACHED BY BEYONCE’S “HALOâ€Â￾ AND THE NUMBER OF ALBUMS RELEASED BY THE SPICE GIRLS? 4
02. OF THE FOLLOWING TENNIS PLAYERS WHO IS THE ONLY ONE TO HAVE WON ALL FOUR OF TENNIS’ GRAND SLAM TITLES – ANDRE AGASSI, BJORN BORG, JOHN McENROE OR PETE SAMPRAS? ANDRE AGASSI
03. HOW MANY DIFFERENT COLOURS MAKE UP THE NATIONAL FLAG OF SOUTH AFRICA? 6
04. IN THE STORY OF “SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN DWARVESâ€Â￾ WHICH IS THE ONLY DWARF THAT NEVER SPEAKS? DOPEY
05. PICTURE 1 SHOWS THE LOGO OF WHICH COMPANY? HONDA MOTORCYCLES
06. WHICH ACTOR, BEST KNOWN FOR A TV COMEDY ROLE, IS THE NEW ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF SHEFFIELD’S CRUCIBLE THEATRE? RICHARD WILSON
07. IN WHICH YEAR DID THE FOLLOWING ACTS HAVE THEIR FIRST UK TOP TEN HITS – BAY CITY ROLLERS, DAWN AND SLADE? 1971
08. NAME TWO OF THE THREE ENGLISH RACECOURSES WHICH STAGE THE RACES KNOWN AS “THE CLASSICSâ€Â￾? DONCASTER, EPSOM and NEWMARKET
09. WHICH COUNTRY WAS KNOWN AS THE DUTCH EAST INDIES UNTIL 1949? INDONESIA
10. WHICH COMEDIAN AND ACTOR HAS CREATED THE CHARACTERS TOMMY SAXONDALE, DUNCAN THICKETT AND TONY FERRINO? STEVE COOGAN
11. HOW MANY CARATS ARE THEIR IN PURE GOLD? 24
12. NAME THE YEAR. BARINGS BANK COLLAPSED, SHEFFIELD ADOPTED THE 0114 TELEPHONE CODE AND “FORREST GUMPâ€Â￾ WON THE OSCAR
FOR BEST PICTURE. 1995
13. PICTURE 2 IS AN ICONIC PICTURE FROM A 1979 ALBUM BY WHICH BAND? THE CLASH
14. APART FROM BEING THREE-TIMES WIMBLEDON CHAMPION, FRED PERRY WAS ALSO A WORLD CHAMPION IN WHICH OTHER SPORT? TABLE TENNIS
15. IN WHICH EUROPEAN COUNTRY IS FLEMISH ONE OF THE NATIONAL LANGUAGES? BELGIUM
16. NAME THE ACTOR SHOWN IN HIS YOUNGER DAYS IN PICTURE 3. ROBIN WILLIAMS
17. THE FORD MOTOR COMPANY HAS MADE TWO CARS WHICH SHARE THEIR NAMES WITH SIGNS OF THE ZODIAC, WHAT ARE THEY? SCORPIO and TAURUS
18. WHO AM I? BORN IN YEMEN IN 1962, MY INTEREST IN COMEDY BEGAN AT SHEFFIELD UNIVERSITY, BEFOR E I MADE MY COMEDY STORE DEBUT IN 1987. VOTED THE 5th BEST BRITISH COMEDIAN IN 2010, I HAVE ALSO ACTED ON STAGE, FILM AND TV. A RECENT FUND RAISING EFFORT HAS LED TO ME APPLYING TO COMPETE IN THE IRONMAN TRIATHLON. EDDIE IZZARD
19. THE GERMAN TOWNS OF GLEES AND WASSENACH HAS AGREED TO SETTLE A CENTURIES OLD RIVALRY BY SEEING WHO CAN MAKE THE BIGGEST WHAT? SAUSAGE
20. A RUSSIAN HAS SPENT £20000 TURNING HIS WHAT INTO THE WORLD’S MOST EXPENSIVE BY HAVING IT GOLD PLATED AND JEWEL ENCRUSTED? VUVUZELA
TIE BREAKER (nearest answer wins)
21. AT WIMBLEDON 2010 JOHN ISNER AND NICHOLAS MAHUT CONTESTED TENNIS’ LONGEST EVER MATCH, HOW MANY GAMES DID THEY PLAY? 183

Only two entries this week....
BUZZIE 12 (tie breaker 198)
and the winner.....
GOOGLE.....sorry, KING_JP 19 (183)

#108155 by IAN B
Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:58 am
Hopefully there'll be a few more entries this week - PM your answers
01. WHAT NUMBER LINKS THE HIGHEST UK CHART POSITION FOR TRAVIS’ “TURNâ€Â￾, THE NUMBER OF LED ZEPPELIN ALBUMS TO TOP THE UK CHARTS AND THE NUMBER OF UK TOP TEN HITS FOR BUSTED? 8
02. FOLLOWING SPAIN’S 2010 WORLD CUP WIN HOW MANY DIFFERENT COUNTRIES HAVE WON FOOTBALL’S WORLD CUP? 8
03. IN WHICH ITALIAN CITY WOULD YOU FIND MARCO POLO AIRPORT? VENICE
04. WITH WHICH 90s TELEVISION SHOW WOULD YOU ASSOCIATE PICTURE 1? "ELDORADO"
05. WHICH IS THE ONLY LETTER OF THE ENGLISH ALPHABET NOT TO FEATURE IN THE PERIODIC TABLE OF CHEMICAL ELEMENTS? J
06. WHICH FASHION DESIGNER HAS BEEN CHOSEN TO DESIGN THE UNIFORMS FOR GREAT BRITAIN’S 2012 OLYMPIC TEAM? STELLA McCARTNEY
07. IN WHICH YEAR DID THE FOLLOWING ACTS HAVE THEIR FIRST UK TOP TEN HITS – IRENE CARA, CAPTAIN SENSIBLE AND YAZOO? 1982
08. WHICH WAS THE ONLY UNBEATEN TEAM IN FOOTBALL’S 2010 WORLD CUP FINALS? NEW ZEALAND
09. IF YOU TRAVELLED BY TRAIN FROM MANCHESTER PICCADILLY AT WHICH MAIN LONDON STATION WOULD YOUR JOURNEY TERMINATE? EUSTON
10. ITV HAVE RECENTLY ANNOUNCED THE NAME OF THE SHOW THAT WILL REPLACE “GMTVâ€Â￾, WHAT IS IT? "DAYBREAK"
11. A CROSSING THAT ALLOWS PEDESTRIANS AND CYCLISTS TO CROSS THE ROAD AT THE SAME TIME IS NAMED WHICH TROPICAL BIRD? TOUCAN
12. NAME THE YEAR. THE QUEEN OPENED THE NEW LONDON BRIDGE, “LAST OF THE SUMMER WINEâ€Â￾ MADE ITS’ TV DEBUT AND SKYLAB, THE FIRST SPACE STATION, WAS LAUNCHED. 1973
13. IN HAWAII IN 1972 WHAT DID ELVIS PRESLEY DO FOR THE FIRST AND ONLY TIME? AN ENCORE
14. IN WHICH SPORT DO TEAMS COMPETE FOR THE TROPHY SHOWN IN PICTURE 2? BASEBALL - The World Series Trophy
15. NAMED AFTER ANOTHER PUBLIC HOLIDAY, WHICH IS THE FIRST PLACE IN THE WORLD TO CELEBRATE THE NEW YEAR? CHRISTMAS ISLAND
16. LASTING 3 HOURS 54 MINUTES WHICH IS THE LONGEST FILM TO HAVE WON THE OSCAR FOR BEST PICTURE? "GONE WITH THE WIND"
17. WHOSE SIGNATURE IS SHOWN IN PICTURE 3? PRINCE PHILIP
18. WHO AM I? BORN IN LONDON IN 1965, I WORKED AS A LIFE ASSURANCE SALESMAN BEFORE STARTING A RADIO CAREER WITH INVICTA FM. I WORKED FOR SEVERAL STATIONS BEFORE TAKING THE FORMAT OF MY CONTROVERSIAL VIRGIN RADIO SHOW TO ITV IN 2005. JEREMY KYLE
19. WHICH ANIMAL WAS ONCE USED TO HELP BUILD BOEING AIRCRAFT – CHIMPS, ELEPHANTS OR FERRETS? FERRETS
20. AN AMERICAN MAN HELD HIS MOTHER HOSTAGE FOR SIX HOURS AFTER SHE REFUSED TO DO WHAT? HIS IRONING
21. RICK ‘PELLET GUN’ KRAUSE RECENTLY WON THE CHERRY STONE SPITTING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, HOW FAR, IN FEET AND INCHES,
DID HE SPIT ONE? 51 FEET 3 INCHES

And the scores were....
ROB_BOB 10 (tie breaker 50'0")
BUZZIE 11 (66'4")
And this week's winner....
JUS 13 (30'10")
Last edited by IAN B on Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:54 am, edited 4 times in total.

#108233 by king_jp
Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:46 am
Wrong, we do a quiz every day execpt saturday so I dont need to use google!

#108238 by king_jp
Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:43 pm
can you clarify question 7 please, there is more than one answer....

#108241 by IAN B
Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:03 am
Posting early this week as I've got a busy weekend - PM your answers

01. WHAT ANIMAL LINKS A 1967 SONG BY THE BEATLES AND THE SINGER BARRY WHITE? WALRUS
02. MATIAH MURALITHARAN HAS BECOME THE FIRST CRICKETER TO TAKE 800 TEST WICKETS, BUT AGAINST WHICH COUNTRY DID HE TAKE HIS FIRST TEST WICKET? AUSTRALIA
03. NAME THREE OF THE FIVE AFRICAN COUNTRIES WHICH HAVE A COASTLINE ON THE MEDITERRANEAN SEA. ALGERIA, EGYPT, LIBYA, MOROCCO and TUNISIA
04. THE TV SHOW “HI DE HIâ€Â￾ WAS SET IN A FICTIONAL TOWN IN WHICH ENGLISH COUNTY? ESSEX
05. MANY CELEBRITIES GIVE THEIR CHILDREN SILLY NAMES. TRUE OR FALSE – AMERICAN CHATSHOW HOST LARRY KING CALLED HIS SON NOSMO? FALSE
06. WHICH PREMIERSHIP FOOTBALL CLUB THIS WEEK BECAME THE FIRST TO ANNOUNCE A BAN ON VUVUZELAS? TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR
07. IN WHICH YEAR DID THE FOLLOWING ACTS HAVE THEIR FIRST UK TOP TEN HITS – BOYZONE, WHIGFIELD AND STILTSKIN? 1994
08. PICTURE 1 SHOWS THE BADGE OF WHICH BRITISH FOOTBALL CLUB? QUEEN'S PARK RANGERS
09. THE ALSATIAN TOOK ITS’ NAME FROM A REGION IN WHICH COUNTRY? FRANCE
10. WHICH ACTRESS PROVIDES THE VOICE OF PRINCESS FIONA IN THE “SHREKâ€Â￾ SERIES OF FILMS? CAMERON DIAZ
11. WHAT SURNAME IS SHARED BY THE INVENTOR OF VULCANIZED RUBBER AND AN ACTRESS BEST KNOWN FOR HER ROLE IN “CORONATION STREETâ€Â￾? GOODYEAR
12. NAME THE YEAR. THE USA BANNED CIGARETTE ADVERTISING ON RADIO AND TELEVISION, THE THIRD MOON LANDING TOOK PLACE AND MUHAMMED ALI SUFFERED HIS FIRST PROFESSIONAL DEFEAT. 1971
13. NAME THE SINGER SHOWN IN HIS YOUNGER DAYS IN PICTURE 2. VINCENT FURNIER aka ALICE COOPER
14. HOW MANY POINTS MUST BE SCORED TO WIN THE FIRST SET OF A BEACH VOLLEYBALL MATCH? 25
15. NAME THE COUNTY HIGHLIGHTED IN PICTURE 3. HEREFORDSHIRE
16. ROBERT DOWNEY Jr IS THE ONLY ACTOR TO BE NOMINATED FOR AN OSCAR PLAYING THE PART OF AN OSCAR WINNER, WHO? CHARLIE CHAPLIN
17. WHAT FORM OF TRANSPORT LINKS THE CHILDREN’S CHARACTER NODDY, THE PARTNER OF JOHNNY DEPP AND THE ACTOR ROBERT DE NIRO? TAXI
18. WHO AM I? BORN IN SOUTH AFRICA IN 1892, I MOVED TO ENGLAND AGED 3. AFTER FIGHTING IN WWI, I WORKED FOR THE OXFORD ENGLISH DICTIONARY, BEFORE BECOMING A PROFESSOR AT OXFORD UNIVERSITY, WHERE I WROTE MY FIRST NOVEL IN 1936. MY MOST FAMOUS BOOKS WERE PUBLISHED IN 1954, NEARLY 50 YEARS BEFORE THEY WERE TURNED INTO FILMS. I DIED IN 1973. JRR TOLKIEN
19. WHY WAS AN AUSTRALIAN GREYHOUND RACE ABANDONED AND ALL BETS REFUNDED – A PUNTER RAN ONTO THE TRACK AND OBSTRUCTED THE LEADING DOG, A HARE RAN ONTO THE TRACK AND DISTRACTED THE DOGS OR LIGHTNING STRUCK THE TRACK KILLING THE LEADING DOG? A HARE RAN ONTO THE TRACK
20. HOW HAS A MILTON KEYNES CHURCH MANAGED TO TREBLE ITS’ CONGREGATION – BY EMPLOYING A YOUNG FEMALE VICAR, BY MOVING THE SERVICES TO LOCAL PUB OR BY OFFERING McDONALD’S VOUCHERS TO ALL WHO ATTEND? MOVING ITS' SERVICES TO THE PUB
21. IN WHAT YEAR WAS THE NAME GREAT BRITAIN FIRST USED? 1707 - and before the inevitable argument starts, I said "Great Britain", not Britannia major and any other such derivation.

The scores were.....
JUS 10 (tie breaker 1762)
ROB_BOB 14 (1700)
and the winner.....
KING_JP 19 (1136)
Last edited by IAN B on Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

#108247 by daz
Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:32 pm
WHO AM I? BORN IN SOUTH AFRICA IN 1982, I MOVED TO ENGLAND AGED 3. AFTER FIGHTING IN WWI, I WORKED FOR THE OXFORD ENGLISH DICTIONARY, BEFORE BECOMING A PROFESSOR AT OXFORD UNIVERSITY, WHERE I WROTE MY FIRST NOVEL IN 1936. MY MOST FAMOUS BOOKS WERE PUBLISHED IN 1954, NEARLY 50 YEARS BEFORE THEY WERE TURNED INTO FILMS. I DIED IN 1973.
born 1982 ? died 1973 ??????????

#108429 by IAN B
Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:47 am
Well I couldn't present it this week due to illness, but this is "one wot I wrote".....PM your answers

01. WHICH PLACE LINKS UK TOP TEN HITS FOR THE MOVE, THE MAMAS & PAPAS AND KATY PERRY? CALIFORNIA
02. WHICH COUNTRY WILL STAGE ITS’ FIRST EVER F1 GRAND PRIX IN 2011? INDIA
03. NAME TWO OF THE FOUR ENGLISH COUNTIES THAT SHARE A LAND
BORDER WITH WALES. CHESHIRE, GLOUCESTERSHIRE, HEREFORDSHIRE and SHROPSHIRE
04. NAME THE TELEVISION CARTOON CHARACTERS IN PICTURE 1. REN & STIMPY
05. WHAT LETTER IS PUT ON CAR NUMBER PLATES WHEN THE AGE OR IDENTITY OF THE CAR IS NOT KNOWN? Q
06. THIS WEEK SAW THE AUCTION SALE FOR £15200 OF A PIECE OF WINSTON CHURCHILL MEMORIBILIA, WHAT PERSONAL ITEM WAS IT?
HIS FALSE TEETH
07. IN WHICH YEAR DID THE FOLLOWING ACTS HAVE THEIR FIRST UK TOP TEN HITS – SONIA, SOUL II SOUL AND TEXAS? 1989
08. WHAT ANIMAL LINKS MANSFIELD TOWN AND ROSS COUNTY FOOTBALL CLUBS AND NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COUNTY CRICKET CLUB? STAG
09. NAME THE COUNTRY HIGHLIGHTED IN PICTURE 2. NIGERIA
10. IN THE TELEVISION SHOW “E.R.â€Â￾ IN WHICH US CITY WAS COUNTY GENERAL HOSPITAL? CHICAGO
11. TRUE OR FALSE – “THE X-FILESâ€Â￾ ACTOR DAVID DUCHOVNY NAMED HIS KID KYD? TRUE
12. NAME THE YEAR. THE ACTOR CHARLIE CHAPLIN Jr DIED, THE MUSICAL “HAIRâ€Â￾ OPENED ON BROADWAY AND LISA MARIE PRESLEY WAS BORN. 1968
13. WHO ARE THE ONLY TWO FEMALE SINGERS TO HAVE UK SOLO No1 HITS IN THE 80s, 90s AND 00s? MADONNA and KYLIE
14. PICTURE 3 SHOWS THE TROPHY FOR WHICH FAMOUS SPORTING EVENT? THE DERBY
15. WHICH LONDON BRIDGE SHARES ITS’ NAME WITH A CAR MANUFACTURER? VAUXHALL
16. WHAT ARE THE FEMALE NAMES OF THE CHARACTERS IN “LITTLE BRITAIN’Sâ€Â￾ “I’M A LADYâ€Â￾ SKETCH? EMILY and FLORENCE
17. WHAT IS BRITAIN’S OLDEST SUNDAY NEWSPAPER? THE OBSERVER
18. WHO AM I? BORN IN WORCESTERSHIRE IN 1953, I WAS A SPECIALCONSTABLE DURING THE EARLY DAYS IN MY CHOSEN SPORT. I MADE MY DEBUT ON THE WORLD STAGE IN 1980, WINNING MY FIRST RACE FIVE YEARS LATER AND THEN BECOMING WORLD CHAMPION IN 1992. TWICE BBC SPORTS PERSONALITY OF THE YEAR, I AM NOW TRYING TO QUALIFY FOR THE SENIOR GOLF TOUR. NIGEL MANSELL
19. RECENT RESEARCH HAS SHOWN THAT, IN THE PAST 65 YEARS, 20 BOYS IN BRITAIN HAVE BEEN GIVEN WHAT SURPRISING FIRST NAME? ADOLF
20. AN AUSTRIAN BREWERY HAS PRODUCED A BEER WITH WHAT ADDED WITH THE CLAIM THAT IT AIDS SEXUAL PERFORMANCE? CHEESE
21. ACCORDING TO “THE GUINNESS BOOK OF RECORDSâ€Â￾ WHAT IS THE FASTEST TIME RECORDED FOR EATING A 12â€Â￾ PIZZA?
1 MINUTE 45.37 SECONDS

And the scores were.....
JUS 9 (tie breaker 24secs)
ROB _BOB 12 (12secs)
And the winner.....
DAZ 14 (6secs)

PS. I must remember never to go for pizza with you three

#108582 by IAN B
Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:35 am
Another offering from The Travs - PM your answers

01. IN 1972 NEIL YOUNG’S WAS “GOLDâ€Â￾, IN 1983 YES’ WAS “LONELYâ€Â￾ AND BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN’S WASâ€Â￾HUNGRYâ€Â￾ IN 1995, WHAT ARE THEY? HEARTS
02. WHAT PASSES UNDER LONDON’S HAMMERSMITH AND BARNES BRIDGES
ONCE A YEAR EVERY YEAR? THE UNIVERSITY BOAT RACE
03. TRUE OR FALSE – THE FRENCH TOWN OF CONDOM WAS THE HOME OF THE WORLD’S FIRST CONTRACEPTIVE CLINIC? FALSE
04. PICTURE 1 SHOWS THE LOGO OF WHAT? GRANADA TELEVISION
05. THE TERM ‘OFICIONADO’ ORIGINATED IN WHICH FORM OF ENTERTAINMENT? BULLFIGHTING
06. THE REPLACEMENT FOR DUBLIN’S LANSDOWNE ROAD STADIUM OPENED THIS WEEK, AFTER WHICH INSURANCE COMAPNY IS IT NAMED? AVIVA
07. IN WHICH YEAR DID THE FOLLOWING ACTS HAVE THEIR FIRST UK TOP TEN HITS – BLONDIE, IAN DURY & THE BLOCKHEADS AND KATE BUSH? 1978
08. NAME THE PERSON SHOWN IN PICTURE 2. ANDREW 'FREDDIE' FLINTOFF
09. IN WHICH GROUP OF ISLANDS WOULD YOU FIND FORMENTERA? BALEARICS
10. WHICH AMERICAN ACTRESS HOLDS THE RECORD FOR THE MOST OSCAR NOMINATIONS, WINNING TWO OF HER SIXTEEN? MERYL STREEP
11. PICTURE 3 SHOWS THE LOGO OF WHICH ORGANISATION? GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS
12. NAME THE YEAR. THE TELEVISION ADVERTISING OF CIGARETTES WAS BANNED IN BRITAIN, “THE SOUND OF MUSICâ€Â￾ MADE ITS’ CINEMA DEBUT AND STANLEY MATTHEWS PLAYED HIS FINAL FIRST DIVISION GAME. 1965
13. WHICH BAND FEATURED IN THE 1980 FILM “THE GREAT ROCK ‘N’ ROLL SWINDLEâ€Â￾? THE SEX PISTOLS
14. NAME THREE OF THE FIVE PIECES OF EQUIPMENT THAT ARE USED IN RHYTHMIC GYMNASTICS COMPETITIONS? BALL, CLUBS, HOOP, RIBBON and ROPE
15. WHICH AMERICAN CITY IS THE HOME OF COCA COLA, THE CNN TELEVISION CHANNEL AND THE WORLD’S BUSIEST PASSENGER AIRPORT? ATLANTA
16. IF A PREDICTION HAD COME TRUE WHICH TELEVISION CHARACTER WOULD HAVE MARRIED ON THE 01st AUGUST 2010? LISA SIMPSON
17. WHICH IS THE LEAST USED LETTER IN THE ENGLISH ALPHABET? Q
18. WHO AM I? BORN IN BOOTLE IN 1950 WITH THE SURNAME JOHNSON, I BEGAN MY WORKING LIFE AS A PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLER, PLAYING FOR LIVERPOOL RESERVES. I LATER USED A MORE CONTROVERSIAL SKILL TO FORGE A CAREER IN TV WHICH BEGAN IN 1996. I AM BEST KNOWN FOR A SHOW WHICH RAN FROM 2001-2005. DEREK ACORAH
19. TRUE OR FALSE – GYMNOPHOBIA IS THE FEAR OF EXERCISE? FALSE - it's nudity
20. WHAT CHILDREN’S LEISURE ITEM HAS BEEN BANNED FROM THE STREETS BY ESSEX COUNCIL AS THEY BELIEVE THEY ARE A FIRE RISK? PADDLING POOLS
21. IN WHAT YEAR WAS THE TERM ‘THE UNITED KINGDOM OF GREAT BRITAIN AND IRELAND FIRST USED? 1801

And the scores this week were....
JUS 12 (tie breaker 1756)
BUZZIE 14 (1707)
and the winner.....
WILDROVER 17 (01 May 1707)

#108766 by IAN B
Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:36 am
Another offering from The Travs, whose regulars struggled with this one - PM your answers

01. IN 1969 DID MAX ROMEO HAVE A UK TOP TEN HIT WITH A BROKEN DREAM, A SWEET DREAM OR A WET DREAM? WET DREAM :shock:
02. VALENTINO ROSSI HAS WON FOUR OF HIS SIX WORLD MOTOGP CHAMPIONSHIPS RIDING WHAT MAKE OF MOTORBIKE? YAMAHA
03. UNTIL 1935 THE COUNTRY OF IRAN WAS CALLED WHAT? PERSIA
04. WHICH FAMOUS FILM IS SET IN THE FICTIONAL AMERICAN TOWN OF BODEGA BAY? "THE BIRDS"
05. NAME THREE OF THE FOUR COLOURS THAT CAN BE USED TO DESCRIBE THE DRINK PORT? ROSE, RUBY, TAWNY and WHITE
06. WHICH SINGER AND MUSICIAN HAS ANNOUNCED HIS CANDIDACY FOR THE PRESIDENCY OF HIS HOME COUNTRY, HAITI? WYCLIFF JEAN
07. IN WHICH YEAR DID THE FOLLOWING ACTS HAVE THEIR FIRST UK TOP TEN HITS – LIMP BIZKIT, MELANIE B AND PINK? 2000
08. PICTURE 1 SHOWS THE BADGE OF WHICH FOOTBALL CLUB? READING FC
09. BY WHAT NAME WAS THE FAR EASTERN VERSION OF THE IRON CURTAIN KNOWN? THE BAMBOO CURTAIN
10. IN THE “BEVERLEY HILLS COPâ€Â￾ FILMS THE CHARACTER AXEL FOLEY CAME FROM WHICH AMERICAN CITY? DETROIT
11. NEWS OF WHICH LOFTY ACHIEVEMENT REACHED LONDON ON THE SAME DAY AS THE CORONATION OF QUEEN ELIZABETH II TOOK PLACE? HILLARY'S ASCENT OF EVEREST
12. NAME THE YEAR. INDIA BECAME THE 6th COUNTRY TO TEST A NUCLEAR WEAPON, GEORGE BEST PLAYED HIS FINAL GAME FOR
MANCHESTER UNITED AND THE RAPPER AND TV STAR XZIBIT WAS BORN. 1974
13. NAME THE PERSON SHOWN IN PICTURE 2. ELTON JOHN
14. WHICH CREATURE LINKS THE CALIFORNIAN CITY OF SAN JOSE, STOCKPORT’S EDGELEY PARK AND THE SOUTH AFRICAN CITY OF DURBAN? SHARKS
15. NAME THE COUNTRY HIGHLIGHTED IN PICTURE 3. THAILAND
16. THE ACADEMY AWARD WINNING SONG “WHEN YOU WISH UPON A STARâ€Â￾ COMES FROM WHICH 1940 FILM? "PINOCCHIO"
17. HOW MANY SQUARES ARE THERE ON A STANDARD SUDOKU PUZZLE? 81
18. WHO AM I? BORN IN GLASGOW IN 1961, IT WAS WHILST TRAINING AS A PAINTER AND DECORATOR THAT I BECAME INTERESTED IN DRAMA. I GOT MY BIG BREAK IN A 1995 CRIME DRAMA, LEADING TO MY PLAYING THE TITLE ROLE IN A TV SERIES. MY BEST KNOWN FILM ROLES CAME IN 1996 AND 1997 AND I HAVE ALSO FEATURED IN AN OASIS VIDEO. ROBERT CARLYLE
19. WHAT DID A PLYMOUTH NEWSPAPER DO TO OVERCOME A BAN ON CAMERAS AT A RECENT SOUTHAMPTON vs PLYMOUTH FOOTBALL MATCH? DRAW CARTOONS OF THE ACTION
20. TOURIST CHIEFS IN SERBIA ARE HOPING THAT THEIR ANNUAL FESTIVAL OF WHAT WILL DO FOR LOCAL TOURISM WHAT WHISKY HAS DONE FOR SCOTLAND? TESTICLES
21. ACCORDING TO LAPD STATISTICS, HOW MANY DIFFERENT LANGUAGES WERE SPOKEN IN LOS ANGELES IN 2008? 83

Well two of you obviously agreed with my regulars and two are what are commonly known as smarta***s....
BUZZIE 9 (tie breaker 65)
JUS 10 (79
BENNY 17 (200)
And the winner on the tie breaker.....
ROB_BOB 17 (150)

#108858 by IAN B
Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:39 am
Another offering from The Travs resident QM, with a couple of controversial questions, Q17 and the tie breaker, over which Jus and I are about to re-enact The War of the Roses - PM your answers

01. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING FORMS OF ENTERTAINMENT HAS NOT FEATURED IN THE TITLE OF A UK TOP TEN HIT – FERRIS WHEEL, ROLLERCOASTER, ROUNDABOUT OR TUNNEL OF LOVE? FERRIS WHEEL
02. IN A TRIATHLON WHICH DISCIPLINE COVERS THE LONGEST DISTANCE? CYCLING
03. CALABRIA IS THE SOUTHERN MOST REGION OF WHICH COUNTRY? ITALY
04. PICTURE 1 SHOWS THE LOGO OF WHICH COMPANY? COLOMBIA PICTURES
05. ACCORDING TO THE MEDICAL PROFESSION HOW MANY UNITS OF ALCOHOL IS IT SAFE FOR A WOMAN TO DRINK PER WEEK? 14
06. THE ITALIAN CITY OF VENICE HAS JUST APPOINTED ITS’ FIRST WOMAN WHAT? GONDOLIER
07. IN WHICH YEAR DID THE FOLLOWING ACTS HAVE THEIR FIRST UK TOP TEN HITS – RICKY VALANCE, ROLF HARRIS AND ROY ORBISON? 1960
08. IN WHICH SPORT DO TEAMS COMPETE FOR THE TROPHY SHOWN IN PICTURE 2? BASKETBALL - it's the NBA trophy
09. WHAT NAME IS SHARED BY A LONDON BOROUGH AND THE COCKNEY RHYMING SLANG FOR HAIR? BARNET
10. NAME TWO OF THE THREE ACTRESSES WHO PLAYED “CHARLIE’S ANGELSâ€Â￾ IN THE FILMS. DREW BARRYMORE, CAMERON DIAZ and LUCY LIU
11. IN THE NAME OF THE ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY ‘EMI’, WHAT DO THE INITIALS ‘EMI’ STAND FOR? ELECTRIC & MUSICAL INDUSTRIES
12. NAME THE YEAR. DISNEY’S 14th FILM, “PETER PANâ€Â￾, MADE ITS’ CINEMA DEBUT, BLACKPOOL FC WON THE FA CUP AND THE ACTOR PIERCE BROSNAN WAS BORN. 1953
13. NAME THE CELEBRITY SHOWN IN PICTURE 3. DANNII MINOGUE
14. NAME ONE OF THE TWO ATHLETICS EVENTS THAT WERE ADDED TO THE WOMEN’S PENTATHLON TO CREATE THE HEPTATHLON?
JAVELIN & 800M
15. ACCORDING TO THE UNITED NATIONS BOSNIA HERZOGOVINA HAS THE MOST WHAT OF ANY EUROPEAN COUNTRY – BROTHELS, GYPSIES
OR LANDMINES? LANDMINES
16. WHICH SUPERHERO WAS THE FIRST TO APPEAR IN THEIR OWN TELEVISION SERIES – BATMAN,SPIDERMAN OR SUPERMAN?
SUPERMAN in 1952
17. WHAT SURNAME IS SHARED BY THE GAMING AND FILM CHARACTERS MARIO AND LUIGI? MARIO
18. WHO AM I? BORN IN NEW YORK IN 1924, I WAS A DECORATED US SOLDIER WHO ENTERED ACTING BY CHANCE. I MADE MY FILM DEBUT IN 1951 AND IN 1965 BECAME THE ONLY ACTOR TO WIN AN OSCAR FOR PLAYING TWO ROLES IN ONE FILM. I ALSO HAD A UK No1 SINGLE WITH A SONG FROM A 1969 FILM. MY FINAL FILM ROLE WAS IN 1986, A YEAR BEFORE MY DEATH. LEE MARVIN
19. A MATCH AT THE RECENT WOMEN’S WORLD BASEBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS IN VENEZUELA HAD TO BE STOPPED AFTER ONE OF THE PLAYERS WAS HIT BY A BALL, A BAT, A BULL OR A BULLET? A BULLET
20. FOLLOWING IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF PAUL THE OCTOPUS, AUSTRALIA HAS DIRTY HARRY, WHO HAS PREDICTED THE RESULT OF THE AUSTRALIAN ELECTION, WHAT TYPE OF CREATURE IS DIRTY HARRY? CROCODILE
21. ACCORDING TO “GUINNESS WORLD RECORDSâ€Â￾ HOW HEAVY, IN LBS, IS THE LARGEST SANDWICH EVER MADE? Depending which site you read 5440lbs or 6991lbs

Five entries this week with the following scores.....
JUS 10 (tie breaker 5600)
BUZZIE 12 (5000)
ROB_BOB 13 (100)
LITTLE MO 15 (74)
And the winner.....
BENNY 16 (5047)

#109154 by IAN B
Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:56 am
This week's offering from The Travs (last one for a couple of weeks while I take a well-earned break) - PM your answers

01. WHAT DAY OF THE WEEK HAS PROVIDED UK HIT SINGLES FOR FATS DOMINO, THE MAMAS AND THE PAPAS AND DURAN DURAN? MONDAY
02. WHAT NAME LINKS SPORTS TEAMS FROM EXETER, KANSAS CITY AND THE NEW ZEALAND PROVINCE OF WAIKATO? CHIEFS
03. WHICH FAMOUS PORT IS IN THE HAWAIIAN CITY OF OAHU? PEARL HARBOUR
04. FIRST SEEN IN 1981, BY WHAT NAME IS THE TELEVISION CHARACTER COLIN BALL BETTER KNOWN? TRIGGER
05. WHAT IS THE AMERICAN TERM FOR A POST CODE? ZIP CODE
06. THE PRIME MINISTER AND HIS WIFE THIS WEEK HAD THEIR FOURTH CHILD, WHAT WAS ITS’ FIRST NAME? FLORENCE
07. NAME THE YEAR. SOFT CELL’S “TAINTED LOVEâ€Â￾ SOLD ITS’ ONE MILLIONTH COPY, BLUR HAD THEIR FIRST UK TOP TEN HIT AND
MC HAMMER WAS VOTED BEST INTERNATIONAL NEWCOMER AT THE BRIT AWARDS. 1991
08. NAME THE TROPHY SHOWN IN PICTURE 1. JOHNSTONE'S PAINT TROPHY
09. WHICH MIDLANDS CITY WAS THE FIRST IN THE WORLD TO BE A TWIN CITY WHEN IT WAS PAIRED WITH THE RUSSIAN CITY OF STALINGRAD? COVENTRY
10. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING IS NOT A CHARACTER IN THE “CARRY ON.....â€Â￾ FILMS – HOPE SPRINGS, WC BOGGS, JOCK STRAPP,
DICK STROKER OR PROF I TINKLE? DICK STROKER
11. TRUE OR FALSE – THE ACTOR RUSSELL CROWE IS THE COUSIN OF FORMER NEW ZEALAND CRICKET CAPTAINS JEFF AND MARTIN CROWE? TRUE
12. NAME THE YEAR. HAROLD WILSON RESIGNED AS PRIME MINISTER, A NORTH AMERICAN CITY HOSTED THE SUMMER OLYMPICS FOR THE THIRD TIME AND THE ACTRESS AND SINGER MARTINE McCUTCHEON WAS BORN. 1976
13. PICTURE 2 SHOWS WHOSE LOGO? PLAN B
14. ON WHICH MAKE OF MOTORBIKE DID BARRY SHEENE WIN HIS TWO WORLD GRAND PRIX CHAMPIONSHIPS? SUZUKI
15. PICTURE 3 SHOWS THE FLAG OF WHICH AMERICAN STATE? CALIFORNIA
16. BEFORE APPEARING IN HIS OWN SERIES, THE TELEVISION CHARACTER FRASIER FEATURED IN WHICH OTHER SHOW? "CHEERS"
17. THE LEAD SINGER OF TEXAS, SHARLEEN SPITERI, NAMED HER FIRST CHILD AFTER HER FAVOURITE CLINT EASTWOOD MOVIE, IS IT
CALLED MADISON, HARRY, JOSEY OR MISTY? MISTY
18. WHO AM I? BORN IN GUILDFORD IN1943, I ATTENDED MILLFIELD SCHOOL ON A SPORTS SCHOLARSHIP. I FIRST WORKED AS A SINGER BEFORE JOINING RADIO CAROLINE. IN 1967 I BEGAN A 17 YEAR CAREER WITH BBC RADIO 1, ALSO WORKING IN TELEVISION. I HAVE SINCE FEATURED IN MANY TELEVISION SHOWS, INCLUDING WINNING A CELEBRITY REALITY SHOW. TONY BLACKBURN
19. WHAT IS HAPPENING WHEN THE ANNOUNCEMENT “MR SPARKS IS IN THE BARâ€Â￾ IS MADE IN A THEATRE? THE THEATRE IS ON FIRE - now I don't about anyone else, but I'd rather them tell me the theatre is on fire, rather than burn to death trying to work out some riddle
20. LONDON BUSKER PAUL BUFFREYHAS BECOME THE FIRST BUSKER IN THE
COUNTRY TO TAKE WHAT? CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS
21. IN 1923 THE BRITISH EMPIRE COVERED THE LARGEST AREA IT EVER OCCUPIED, HOW MANY SQUARE KILOMETRES WAS IT? 33700000 SQUARE KILOMETRES

An impressive five entries this week....
JUS 9 (tie breaker 4500000 sq.km)
ROB_BOB 13 (30000000 sq.km)
BUZZIE 14 (7500000 sq.km)
BENNY 15 (31175000 sq.km)
And the winner.....
LITTLE MO 17 (35000000 sq.km)

#109427 by IAN B
Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:14 am
Having been forced to leave the delights of Cornwall behind and return to Sheffield, here's my latest offering - PM your answers

01. IN 1990 IT DESCRIBED THUNDER’S “LOVEâ€Â￾ AND STEVIE V’S “CASHâ€Â￾ WHILST THIS YEAR IT DESCIBES TAIO CRUZ’S “PICTUREâ€Â￾, WHAT
WORD IS IT? DIRTY
02. OUTSIDE OF WHICH EUROPEAN TOWN WOULD YOU FIND THE BUGATTI MOTOR RACING CIRCUIT? LE MANS
03. UNDER WHICH RIVER DO THE KINGSWAY AND QUEENSWAY TUNNELS PASS? MERSEY
04. NAME THE CELEBRITY SHOWN IN PICTURE 1. SIMON COWELL
05. IF A GARDENER ASKED YOU TO LOOK AT HIS ‘EARLY HORN’ WHAT WOULD HE BE SHOWING YOU? CARROTS
06. WHICH COUNTRY HAS JUST WON THE WOMEN’S RUGBY UNION WORLD CUP? NEW ZEALAND
07. NAME THE YEAR. ART GARFUNKEL’S “BRIGHT EYESâ€Â￾ WAS THE UK’S BIGGEST SELLING SINGLE, THE POLICE RELEASED THEIR FIRST ALBUM “REGATTA DE BLANCâ€Â￾ AND THE SINGER SOPHIE ELLIS-BEXTOR WAS BORN. 1979
08. NAME THREE OF THE FIVE EVENTS THAT MAKE UP A MODERN PENTATHLON. FENCING, RIDING, RUNNING, SHOOTING and SWIMMING
09. AT WHICH BRITISH BUILDING WOULD YOU FIND THE SCULPTURE SHOWN IN PICTURE 2? ST PANCRAS STATION
10. WHICH FILM CHARACTER DO THE JAPANESE CALL MR KISS KISS BANG BANG? JAMES BOND
11. HOW LONG IS A FULL TERM OF OFFICE FOR A BRITISH PRIME MINISTER? FIVE YEARS
12. NAME THE YEAR. BRITISH RAILWAYS WAS FORMED VIA NATIONALIZATION, THE FIRST LAND ROVER WAS UNVEILED AND FORMER WORLD SNOOKER CHAMPION CLIFF THORBURN WAS BORN. 1948
13. NAME THE FAMOUS SINGER SHOWN IN YOUNGER DAYS IN PICTURE 3. ELVIS PRESLEY
14. AMERICAN FOOTBALLER TROY POLAMALU OF THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS HAS INSURED WHAT FOR THE VALUE OF $1 MILLION - HIS HANDS, HIS HAIR OR HIS RING? HIS HAIR
15. IN THE NAMES OF COUNTRIES SUCH AS AFGHANISTAN AND KAZAKHSTAN WHAT DOES ‘STAN’ MEAN? LAND/NATION OF
16. “FOR A MOMENT THERE I THOUGHT WE WERE IN TROUBLEâ€Â￾ IS THE LAST LINE OF WHICH FAMOUS FILM? "BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID"
17. WHAT ITEM OF CLOTHING IS LINKED TO THE MAN WHO LED THE CHARGE OF THE LIGHT BRIGADE? CARDIGAN
18. WHO AM I? BORN IN JAMAICA IN 1948, I WORKED AS A MODEL IN NEW YORK IN THE 60s BEFORE APPEARING IN MY FIRST MOVIE IN 1973.
I SIGNED A RECORD DEAL IN 1977, HAVING MY BIGGEST UK HITS IN THE MID 80s, BUT I AM PERHAPS BEST REMEMBERED FOR MY APPEARANCE ON A 1981 BRITISH TV SHOW. GRACE JONES
19. ACCORDING TO A RECENT MEDICAL STUDY ONE IN TEN BRITISH MEN CAN NOT SEE WHAT? THEIR GENITALS
20. VENEZUELAN POLITICIAN GUSTAVO ROJAS HAS ORGANISED A RAFFLE TO RAISE FUNDS FOR HIS CAMPAIGN, IS THE FIRST PRIZE – A JOB WITHIN HIS GOVERNMENT, SEX WITH HIS WIFE, A BREAST IMPLANT OPERATION OR A HERD OF GOATS? A BREAST IMPLANT OP
21. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE PLUTO TO ORBIT THE SUN? 248.54 YEARS

Three entries with the following scores.....
BUZZIE 12 (tie breaker 125 years)
DAZ 13 (758 days)
and the winner.....
BENNY 16 (250 years)

#109667 by IAN B
Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:16 am
Well this week I introduced dingbats and nearly got lynched - PM your answers

01. WHAT WORD LINKS BOBBY DARIN’S “RIVERâ€Â￾ WITH THE SMALL FACES’ “SUNDAYâ€Â￾ AND ROBBIE WILLIAMS’ “DAYSâ€Â￾? LAZY
02. IN 1844 THE USA AND CANADA PLAYED THE FIRST RECORDED INTERNATIONAL MATCH IN WHICH SPORT? CRICKET :shock:
03. NAME THE COUNTRY HIGHLIGHTED IN PICTURE 1. ROMANIA
04. “DID I LOCK THE DOOR?â€Â￾ WERE THE FINAL WORDS IN WHICH LONG-RUNNING TELEVISION PROGRAMME? "LAST OF THE SUMMER WINE"
05. WHAT COLOUR EGGS DOES A PEACOCK LAY? THEY DON'T, PEAHENS DO
06. FOLLOWING LADY GAGA’S RECENT APPEARANCE IN A DRESS MADE OF MEAT, CHAT SHOW HOST ELLEN DEGENERES GAVE HER A BIKINI MADE OF WHAT? LETTUCE LEAVES
07. NAME THE YEAR. THE JAM HAD THEIR FIRST UK TOP TEN SINGLE, BLACK LACE REPRESENTED THE UK IN THE EUROVISION SONG CONTEST AND THE CHART TOPPING ARTISTS NE-YO AND ROBYN WERE BORN. 1979
08. WHICH SPORT HAS THE HIGHEST RATIO OF OFFICIALS TO PLAYERS? SINGLES TENNIS
09. WHAT LINKS THE 1st, 3rd, 16th AND 26th PRESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA? THEY ALL APPEAR ON MOUNT RUSHMORE
10. WHAT WAS THE NAME OF THE NURSE IN THE TELEVISION COMEDY “OPEN ALL HOURSâ€Â￾? GLADYS EMMANUEL
11. WHAT PHRASE IS DEPICTED BY THE DINGBAT IN PICTURE 2? AU PAIRS - everyone hate dingbats as much as I do?
12. NAME THE YEAR. GREENPEACE WAS FOUNDED, CRICKET’S FIRST ONE DAY INTERNATIONAL WAS PLAYED AND THE ACTOR AND FORMER
DR WHO DAVID TENNANT WAS BORN. 1971
13. THE SOUNDTRACK FROM WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING MUSICALS HAS NOT REACHED No1 IN THE UK ALBUM CHARTS – “CATSâ€Â￾, “EVITAâ€Â￾, “JOSEPH & HIS AMAZING TECHNICOLOUR DREAMCOATâ€Â￾, “SOUTH PACIFICâ€Â￾ OR “THE SOUND OF MUSICâ€Â￾? "CATS"
14. IN THE HISTORY OF ENGLISH FOOTBALL’S PREMIERSHIP TWO PLAYERS HAVE BEEN THE LEAGUE’S LEADING FOR THREE CONSECUTIVE SEASONS, NAME ONE OF THEM. ALAN SHEARER and THIERRY HENRY
15. IN TERMS OF AREA WHAT IS THE LARGEST ISLAND IN THE MEDITERRANEAN? SICILY
16. NAME THE TELEVISION CHARACTER SHOWN IN PICTURE 3. FEATHERS McGRAW
17. WHAT DO THE LETTERS ‘HP’ ON A BOTTLE OF HP SAUCE STAND FOR? HOUSES OF PARLIAMENT
18. WHO AM I? BORN IN 1974 WITH THE FIRST NAME EDWARD, I AM THE SON OF A POLITICIAN. AFTER GRADUATING FROM UNIVERSITY I SERVED WITH THE TERRITORIAL ARMY, WHERE MY INTEREST IN ADVENTURE BEGAN. I MADE MY TELEVISION DEBUT IN AN ADVERT FOR
‘SURE’ DEODORANT BEFORE GETTING MY FIRST SERIES IN 2007. BEAR GRYLLS
19. ENTERPRISING INDIAN RAKESH PATEL IS OFFERING TO TAKE WHO ON TOURS OF THE FAVOURITE HAUNTS? DEAD PEOPLE
20. ACCORDING TO MEDICAL RESEARCH ON AVERAGE IT TAKES BRITISH MEN SEVEN MINUTES TO DO WHAT IN BED? FALL ASLEEP
21. TAKING THE MOST COMMON ROUTE, HOW MUCH WOULD IT COST IN A
LONDON BLACK CAB TO TRAVEL FROM JOHN O’GROATS TO LAND’S END? £2182.28 - according to the display at Land's End

OO OO OO OO OO

And the scores were.....
JUS 10 (tie breaker £1600)
DAZ 11.5 (£850)
and the winner this week.....
BUZZIE 14 (£450 - taxis must be bloody cheap where you live)

#109845 by IAN B
Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:53 am
Bit late posting this week, but here's my latest offering, which my regulars found tough - PM your answers

01. WHICH DAY OF THE WEEK HAS FEATURED IN THE TITLES OF THE MOST UK TOP TEN SINGLES? SATURDAY
02. IN PROFESSIONAL BOXING AT WHICH WEIGHT WOULD A BOXER WEIGHING 135LBS FIGHT? SATURDAY
03. WITH WHICH TOWN WOULD YOU ASSOCIATE THE CHARACTER IN PICTURE 1? SKEGNESS
04. ‘NO ALIENS DARLING’ IS AN ANAGRAM OF WHICH TELEVISION AND FILM ACTRESS’ NAME? GILLIAN ANDERSON
05. WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE PAN IN WHICH PAELLA IS COOKED? PAELLA
06. WHICH COMIC DUO WILL APPEAR ON THE UK’S POSTAGE STAMPS FOR CHRISTMAS 2010? WALLACE & GROMIT
07. NAME THE YEAR. THE SMITHS WERE FORMED, OZZY OSBOURNE BIT THE HEAD OFF A LIVE BAT AND THE HUMAN LEAGUE WERE VOTED
BEST BRITISH NEWCOMERS AT THE BRITS. 1982
08. NAME THE FAMOUS SPORTING TROPHY SHOWN IN PICTURE 2. THE AMERICA'S CUP
09. WHICH EUROPEAN CITY IS KNOWN AS ‘THE BRIDE OF THE SEA’? VENICE
10. WHICH SERIES OF FILMS WAS SET IN THE TOWN OF SPRINGWOOD, OHIO? "NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET"
11. WHEN THEY FIRST HIT THE HEADLINES IN THE 1940s, WHO OR WHAT WERE LITTLE BOY AND FAT MAN? ATOMIC BOMBS DROPPED ON JAPAN
12. NAME THE YEAR. WINSTON CHURCHILL RESIGNED AS PRIME MINISTER, BIRDS EYE RELEASED FISH FINGERS IN BRITAIN AND CHELSEA
WON THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE TITLE. [colr=red]1955[/color]
13. EXCEPT FOR THE SOUNDTRACK OF “THE SOUND OF MUSICâ€Â￾ ONLY THREE BANDS OR ARTISTS TOPPED THE UK ALBUM CHARTS IN 1965,
NAME ANY TWO OF THEM. THE BEATLES, THE ROLLING STONES and BOB DYLAN
14. WHICH SPORT HAS CREATED THE MOST KNIGHTS? JOUSTING.....sorry I mean CRICKET
15. THE NAME OF WHICH EUROPEAN CAPITAL CITY IS FORMED FROM THE NAMES OF TWO TOWNS LYING ON OPPOSITE BANKS OF THE RIVER DANUBE? BUDAPEST
16. ON TELEVISION WHO ARE THE BEST KNOWN RESIDENTS OF HERBY CITY? LOU & ANDY
17. WHAT PHRASE IS REPRESENTED BY THE DINGBAT IN PICTURE 3? YOUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
18. WHO AM I? BORN IN BELLSHILL IN 1959, I FOUND FAME THROUGH A 1979 TV PROGRAMME, HAVING MY BIGGEST HIT THE FOLLOWING YEAR. AFTER MOVING TO THE USA I SANG A BOND THEME AND APPEARED IN A 1987 TV SHOW, BEFORE APPEARING ON BROADWAY AND IN FILMS DURING THE 90s. SHEENA EASTON
19. NEW ZEALAND POLICE ARE BEING ACCUSED ON INCOMPETENCE AFTER THEY BURNT AN ILLEGAL HOARD OF WHAT? CANNABIS
20. WHY IS THE BAKELITE MUSEUM IN WILLITON IN DANGER OF HAVING TO CLOSE – NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE KNOW WHAT BAKELITE IS,
WILLITON HAS BEEN LEFT OFF THE LATEST MAPS OF SOMERSET OR THE FIRE ESCAPE HAS BEEN DEEMED TOO SMALL FOR FAT PEOPLE? THE FIRE ESCAPE IS TOO SMALL FOR FATTIES - Elf & safety strikes again!!
21. IN THE OPENING TITLES OF “THE SIMPSONSâ€Â￾ HOW MUCH DOES MAGGIE COST WHEN SHE’S PASSED THROUGH THE SUPERMARKET SCANNER? $847.63

MONDA7 TU3SDAY WEDNE8DAY THURSDA4 FR1DAY SA7URDAY SUND4Y

And the scores were.....
JUS 13 (tie breaker 65c)
BUZZIE 13 ($424.59)
And the winner.....
ROB_BOB 14 ($947.99)

Unfortunately computer (and cash flow) problems will prevent me from posting the Travs quiz for a few weeks - it should return during the first week of November.

#116578 by IAN B
Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:15 am
The Travs quiz is back!!
Actually it never stopped happening, I was just forced to stop posting on QZ, but it has now returned with a the quizzes that you missed (complete with answers) and last weekend's for you to enter via PM.

01. WHAT TWO COLOURS OF WINE HAVE FEATURED IN UK TOP TWENTY SINGLES?
LILAC and RED
02. HOW MANY ENGLISH FOOTBALL CLUBS HAVE WON MAJOR EUROPEAN TROPHIES – 11, 13 OR 15?
03. HAS THE USA HAD MORE DEMOCRATIC OR MORE REPUBLICAN PRESIDENTS?
REPUBLICAN
04. NAME THE CARTOON CHARACTERS SHOWN IN PICTURE 1.
SYLVESTER and TWEETY PIE
05. WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITH AN ELEGANT LADY – DRINK IT, EAT IT OR DANCE IT?
EAT IT
06. BRITAIN THIS WEEK SIGNED AN AGREEMENT TO SHARE ITS’ MILITARY EQUIPMENT WITH THE ARMED FORCES OF WHICH COUNTRY?
FRANCE
07. NAME THE YEAR.GENE PITNEY HAD HIS ONLY UK No1 SINGLE, BLACK BOX’S “RIDE ON TIMEâ€Â￾ WAS THE UK’S BIGGEST SELLING SINGLE
AND BROS WON THE BEST BRITISH NEWCOMER AWARD AT THE BRITS.
08. IN HORSERACING WHAT TERM IS APPLIED TO A HORSE THAT HAS NEVER WON A RACE?
MAIDEN
09. NAME THE FAMOUS BUILDING SHOWN IN PICTURE 2.
NEW YORK CITY’S GRAND CENTRAL STATION
10. IN THE 1983 FILM “FLASHDANCEâ€Â￾ JENNIFER BEALS’ CHARACTER HAS WHAT UNUSUAL DAYTIME OCCUPATION?
WELDER
11. HOW MANY EYES APPEAR IN A STANDARD PACK OF PLAYING CARDS?
12. NAME THE YEAR. THE CHANNEL TUNNEL OPENED, THE INTERNATIONAL OLYMPIC COMMITEE CELEBRATED ITS’ CENTENNIAL AND THE ACTOR JOHN CANDY DIED.
13. NAME THE PERSON SHOWN IN PICTURE 3.
MADONNA
14. WHICH TEAM NAME LINKS SPORTS TEAMS FROM PITTSBURGH, PENZANCE IN CORNWALL AND THE DORSET TOWN OF POOLE?
PIRATES
15. WHICH IS THE ONLY CONSTRUCTION TO APPEAR IN THE SEVEN ANCIENT WONDERS OF THE WORLD AND THE SEVEN NEW WONDERS OF
THE WORLD?
THE GREAT PYRAMID
16. WHAT NICKNAME IS SHARED BY THE TELEVISION CHARACTERS TEMPERENCE BRENNAN AND LEONARD McCOY?
BONES
17. ON WHICH PART OF THE BODY WOULD YOU WEAR A CUMMERBUND?
THE WAIST
18. WHO AM I? BORN IN MERSEYSIDE IN 1944, I WAS THE DAILY MAIL’S FIRST FEMALE TRAINEE BEFORE BECOMING ASSISTANT EDITOR OF
THE DAILY MIRROR. I MADE MY TELEVISION DEBUT IN 1982, BEST KNOWN FOR A SHOW WHICH BEGAN IN 2000, I HAVE ALSO MADE CAMEO ACTING APPEARANCES.
ANNE ROBINSON
19. BRITAIN’S MOST FAMOUS SAILOR LORD HORATIO NELSON SUFFERED FROM WHICH AILMENT?
SEASICKNESS
20. POLICE IN PENNSYLVANIA WERE SURPRISED TO RECEIVE A CALL FROM A MAN COMPLAINING ABOUT THE QUALITY OF HIS RECENT PURCHASE OF WHAT?
MARIJUANA
21. THE LONGEST FOOTBALL MATCH EVER PLAYED LASTED 57 HOURS HOW MANY GOALS WERE SCORED IN TOTAL?

Image Image Image

01. WHEN USED IN THE NAMES OF BANDS OR GROUPS WHICH TWO US CITIES HAVE TOPPED THE UK SINGLES CHARTS?
CHICAGO and DETROIT
02. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING IS THE ODD ONE OUT – ORANGE BOWL, PIZZA BOWL, SALT BOWL OR SUGAR BOWL?
SALT BOWL
03. THE SUEZ CANAL CONNECTS THE MEDITERRANEAN SEA TO WHICH OTHER SEA?
THE RED SEA
04. THE FOLLOWING IS THE TAGLINE OF WHICH FILM – “THERE ARE 3.7 TRILLION FISH IN THE OCEAN, THEY’RE LOOKING FOR ONEâ€Â￾?
“FINDING NEMOâ€Â￾
05. WITH A MOBILE PHONE’S SIM CARD WHAT DO THE INITIALS ‘SIM’ STAND FOR?
SUBSCRIBER IDENTITY MODULE
06. PM DAVID CAMERON THIS WEEK ATTENDED THE G20 SUMMIT OF WORLD LEADERS, BUT WHICH COUNTRY HOSTED THE SUMMIT?
SOUTH KOREA
07. NAME THE YEAR. THE CLASH HAD THEIR FIRST UK TOP TEN SINGLE, THE CURE WERE THE BEST BRITISH GROUP AT THE BRIT AWARDS
AND THE EURYTHMICS’ GREATEST HITS TOPPED THE UK ALBUM CHARTS.
08. PICTURE 1 SHOWS THE BADGE OF WHICH BRITISH FOOTBALL CLUB?
SCUNTHORPE UNITED
09. IN WHICH US STATE WOULD YOU FIND HARVARD UNIVERSITY – CONNECTICUT, MASSACHUSETTS, NEW JERSEY OR NEW YORK?
MASSACHUSETTS
10. STILL CURRENTLY BEING SHOWN, WHAT WAS THE FIRST PROGRAMME SHOWN ON CHANNEL 4?
“COUNTDOWNâ€Â￾
11. THE DINGBAT IN PICTURE 2 SHOWS WHICH TWO WORD PHRASE?
OVERNIGHT SUCCESS
12. NAME THE YEAR. BUGS BUNNY MADE HIS CARTOON DEBUT, TWO OF THE BEATLES WERE BORN AND JAMES STEWART AND GINGER ROGERS WON THE BEST ACTOR AND BEST ACTRESS OSCARS.
13. KATHRYN ELIZABETH HUDSON IS THE REAL NAME OF WHICH CHART TOPPING SINGER?
KATY PERRY
14. IN BOXING WHAT DO THE INITIALS ‘TKO’ STAND FOR?
TECHNICAL KNOCKOUT
15. PICTURE 3 SHOWS AN AERIAL VIEW OF WHAT?
STONEHENGE
16. BY WHAT NAME IS TIME AND RELATIVE DIMENSIONS IN SPACE BETTER KNOWN?
THE TARDIS
17. IN 1920 HANS RIEGEL OF BONN FOUNDED WHICH COMPANY?
HARIBO
18. WHO AM I? BORN IN BAVARIA IN 1829, I EMIGRATED TO THE USA AGED 18. I BEGAN A BUSINESS SUPPLYING CALIFORNIA GOLD MINERS WITH SUPPLIES. IN THE 1870s I WENT INTO PARTNERSHIP TO CREATE A CLOTHING ITEM THAT MADE ME FAMOUS. I DIED IN 1902.
LEVI STRAUSS
19. AN AUSTRALIAN VERSION OF THE BIBLE REFERS TO THE VIRGIN MARY AS “A PRETTY SPECIALâ€Â￾ WHAT?
SHEILA
20. SCIENTISTS HAVE DISCOVERED A BUSHCRICKET THAT, PROPORTINATE TO ITS’ SIZE, HAS THE BIGGEST APPETITE, LEAPING DISTANCE, TEETH OR TESTICLES?
TESTICLES
21. THE WEBSITE WIKILEAKS RECENTLY RELEASED CLASSIFIED FIELD REPORTS ABOUT THE IRAQ WAR, HOW MANY REPORTS DID IT LEAK?

Image Image Image

01. WHAT WORD DID THE EVERLEY BROTHERS USE TO DESCRIBE “LOVEâ€Â￾, THE STRANGLERS TO DESCRIBE THEIR “LITTLE GIRLâ€Â￾ AND ECHO & THE BUNNYMEN TO DESCRIBE “PEOPLEâ€Â￾?
STRANGE
02. WHICH SPORTING EVENT IS STAGED OVER A DISTANCE OF 42.195 KILOMETRES?
A MARATHON
03. WHICH IS THE ONLY US STATE TO HAVE A ‘Z’ IN ITS’ NAME?
ARIZONA
04. WHAT WAS THE SURNAME OF THE PRINCIPAL FAMILY IN THE TELEVISION COMEDY SERIES “BREADâ€Â￾?
BOSWELL
05. PICTURE 1 SHOWS THE LOGO OF WHAT?
THE SMART CAR
06. PRINCE WILLIAM AND KATE MIDDLETON ANNOUNCED THEIR ENGAGEMENT THIS WEEK, BUT IN WHICH COUNTRY DID THE MARRIAGE PROPOSAL OCCUR?
KENYA
07. NAME THE YEAR. THE PET SHOP BOYS HAD THEIR FIRST UK No1 SINGLE, MADONNA STAGED HER FIRST TOUR AND CHART-TOPPING SINGER LEONA LEWIS WAS BORN.
08. THE SCORING METHOD FOR DECIDED RAIN AFFECTED CRICKET MATCHES IS NAMED AFTER ITS’ TWO FOUNDERS, WHAT IS IT CALLED?
DUCKWORTH LEWIS
09. NAME THE COUNTRY HIGHLIGHTED IN PICTURE 2.
ALBANIA
10. WHICH FAMOUS ACTOR HAS PORTRAYED THE REAL-LIFE CHARACTERS DRUG DEALER GEORGE JUNG, FBI AGENT JOSEPH PISTONE, AUTHOR J.M. BARRIE AND US GANGSTER JOHN DILLINGER?
JOHNNY DEPP
11. IN A RESTAURANT WHAT WOULD YOU BE SERVED BY A BARISTA?
COFFEE
12. NAME THE YEAR. CEYLON BECAME THE FIRST COUNTRY TO ELECT A FEMALE PRIME MINISTER, THE HOLLYWOOD WALK OF FAME AWARDED ITS’ FIRST STAR AND ELVIS PRESLEY COMPLETED HIS MILITARY SERVICE.
13. WHICH BAND ARE CONNECTED TO THE POSTCODES L25 6EJ AND NW8 9AY ?
THE BEATLES
14. FOLLOWING SEBASTIAN VETTEL’S VICTORY IN THE 2010 CHAMPIONSHIPS HOW MANY F1 WORLD CHAMPIONS HAS GERMANY HAD?
TWO
15. IN TERMS OF THE NUMBER OF VISITORS THE WORLD’S TWO MOST POPULAR MUSEUMS ARE IN WHICH COUNTRY?
FRANCE
16. NAME THE CARTOON CHARACTER SHOWN IN PICTURE 3.
FOGHORN LEGHORN
17. ORIGINALLY FROM DORSET, WHAT IS BLUE VINNEY – A BUTTERFLY, A CHEESE, A GEMSTONE OR A PORN STAR?
A CHEESE
18. WHO AM I? BORN IN WALLSEND IN 1951, I AM A FORMER SCHOOL TEACHER WHOSE FIRST MUSICAL EXPERIENCE WAS PLAYING IN LOCAL JAZZ BANDS. I FORMED MY FIRST BAND IN 1977, HAVING OUR FIRST UK No1 TWO YEAR LATER. MAKING MY FILM DEBUT IN 1979, I BEGAN MY SOLO MUSICAL CAREER IN 1981.
GORDON SUMNER/STING
19. POLICE IN THE FLOOD HIT CHINESE REGION OF HAIKOU HAVE BEEN ISSUED WITH WHAT TO HELP THEM NEGOTIATE THE FLOODED STREETS?
STILTS
20. FOOTBALLERS ARE USED TO ATTENDING THE OPENING OF CLUBS AND BARS, BUT STOCKPORT COUNTY’S CAPTAIN PAUL TURNBULL RECENTLY ATTENDED THE OPENING OF WHAT?
A SCHOOL TOILET
21. HOW LONG, IN KMS, IS THE CANADIAN COASTLINE?
202080KMS

Image Image Image

01. WHICH HAVE APPEARED IN THE TITLES OF MORE UK TOP TEN HIT SINGLES – CATS OR DOGS?
DOGS
02. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING SPORTS HAS THE FEWEST MEMBERS IN A TEAM – AMERICAN FOOTBALL, CANADIAN FOOTBALL OR GAELIC FOOTBALL?AMERICAN FOOTBALL
03. WHAT NAME IS SHARED BY A CALIFORNIA’S THIRD LARGEST CITY AND THE CAPITAL CITY OF COSTA RICA?
SAN JOSE
04. WHICH TELEVISION PROGRAMME WAS ADAPTED FROM THE JAPANESE SHOW “MONEY TIGERSâ€Â￾?
“DRAGON’S DENâ€Â￾
05. PICTURE 1 SHOWS THE BADGE OF WHICH ORGANISATION?
THE CIA
06. WHICH AUSTRALIAN CITY IS HOSTING THE FIRST TEST IN THE CURRENT ASHES SERIES?
BRISBANE
07. NAME THE YEAR. PHIL COLLINS RELEASED HIS FIRST SOLO ALBUM, SOFT CELL HAD THE UK’S BIGGEST SELLING SINGLE AND TWO MEMBERS OF GIRLS ALOUD WERE BORN.
08. BRITAIN HAS HAD THE MOST F1 WORLD CHAMPIONS, BUT WHICH TWO COUNTRIES LIE JOINT SECOND WITH THREE CHAMPIONS APIECE?
BRAZIL and FINLAND
09. WHICH CAPITAL CITY’S NAME IS ALSO AN ANAGRAM OF THE COUNTRY’S SEVENTH LARGEST CITY?
TOKYO
10. NAME THE PERSONALITY SHOWN IN HIS YOUNGER DAYS IN PICTURE 2.
JIMMY CARR
11. IF YOU ADDED TOGETHER THE NUMBER OF BRITISH KINGS CALLED CHARLES, WILLIAM AND HENRY WHAT NUMBER WOULD YOU HAVE?
14 (2+4+8 )
12. NAME THE YEAR. THE TRIAL OF THE YORKSHIRE RIPPER BEGAN, MUHAMMED ALI HAD HIS LAST FIGHT AND DANGERMOUSE MADE HIS TELEVISION DEBUT.
13. IF YOU ADDED TOGETHER MARK KING’S LEVEL, NIK KERSHAW’S HAIRCUT AND THE NON BLONDES WHAT NUMBER WOULD YOU HAVE?
146 (42+100+4)
14. WHICH TWO COUNTRIES HAVE WON RUGBY UNION’S WORLD CUP TWICE?
AUSTRALIA and SOUTH AFRICA
15. THE COCKTAIL DAIQUIRI IS NAMED AFTER AN AREA IN WHICH COUNTRY?
CUBA
16. ACCORDING TO THE ADVERTISING CAMPAIGN, WHICH MR MAN “SHOULD HAVE GONE TO SPECSAVERSâ€Â￾?
MR HAPPY
17. THE DINGBAT IN PICTURE 3 IS OF WHICH FOUR WORD PHRASE?
LONG TIME NO SEE
18. WHO AM I? BORN IN TORQUAY IN 1890, I WORKED IN THE MEDICAL PROFESSION BEFORE HAVING MY FIRST NOVEL PUBLISHED IN 1920. THE SUBJECT OF A 1926 MYSTERY, I HAVE ALSO APPEARED IN THE GUINNESS BOOK OF RECORDS. I DIED IN 1976.
AGATHA CHRISTIE
19. IN 1931 THE AMERICAN SALES OF WHAT ROSE 31% FOLLOWING THE DEBUT OF A CARTOON CHARACTER?
SPINACH
20. TRUE OR FALSE – HOBOPHOBIA IS THE FEAR OF TRAMPS?
TRUE
21. HOW MANY MILLIONAIRES WERE PASSENGERS ON THE TITANIC WHEN IT SUNK?
A certain hosting website doesn't like CIA-related images Image Image

01. WHICH AMERICAN STATE LINKS A FAMOUS MINNESOTA JAZZ CLUB, JOHN LENNON AND THE STEREOPHONICS?
DAKOTA
02. WHICH ADJECTIVE IS OFTEN ADDED TO DESCRIBE GOODWOOD RACECOURSE?
GLORIOUS
03. FAMOUS FOR THE TALE ABOUT ITS’ PIED PIPER IN WHICH COUNTRY IS THE TOWN OF HAMELIN?
GERMANY
04. THE TITLE CHARACTER OF WHICH FILM TOOK HIS NAME FROM A FILING CABINET IN THE CREATOR’S OFFICE?
THE WIZARD OF OZ
05. WHICH HOUSEHOLD ITEM CONNECTS THE BOARD GAME “CLUEDOâ€Â￾, THE NURSERY RHYME “JACK BE NIMBLEâ€Â￾ AND THE CITY OF SAN FRANCISCO?
CANDLESTICK
06. IN WHICH CITY WAS THE ANNOUNCEMENT MADE OF RUSSIA’S SUCCESSFUL BID FOR FOOTBALL’S 2018 WORLD CUP?
ZURICH
07. NAME THE YEAR. JIM REEVES HAD THE UK’S BIGGEST SELLIG SINGLE, THE BEACH BOYS HAD THEIR FIRST UK No1 SINGLE AND CHART-TOPPING SINGER RICK ASTLEY WAS BORN.
08. NAME THE FAMOUS PERSON SHOWN IN HIS YOUNGER DAYS IN PICTURE 1.
JENSON BUTTON
09. LONDON’S FIRST PARKING METERS WERE INSTALLED IN WHICH AREA, ALSO TO BE FOUND ON A MONOPOLY BOARD?
MAYFAIR
10. THE ADVERT FOR THE 1990s TELEVSION SERIES “ELDORADOâ€Â￾ PROMISED “SUN, SEA AND .....â€Â￾ WHAT?
SANGRIA
11. WHY IS THE NUMBER ‘31’ SYNONYMOUS WITH BASKINS ROBBINS ICE CREAM – THEY ORIGINALLY OPENED 31 SHOPS, THEIR TUBS ORIGINALLY COST 31 CENTS, THEY ORIGINALLY HAD 31 FLAVOURS OR THEY OPENED THEIR FIRST SHOP ON DECEMBER 31st?
THEY HAD 31 FLAVOURS – ONE FOR EACH DAY OF THE MONTH
12. NAME THE YEAR. LONDON INTRODUCED ITS’ FIRST PARKING METERS, THE EEC WAS FOUNDED AND THE MUSICIAN AND TV PRESENTER JOOLS HOLLAND WAS BORN.
13. ERNIE, MARVIN, O’KELLY, RONALD AND RUDOLPH WERE THE FIRST NAMES OF WHO, BEST KNOWN FOR THE SONG “THIS OLD HEART OF MINEâ€Â￾?THE ISLEY BROTHERS
14. IF A PROFESSIONAL BOXER WEIGHED 170LBS IN WHICH WEIGHT CATEGORY WOULD HE FIGHT?
LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT
15. NAME THE COUNTY HIGHLIGHTED IN PICTURE 2.
BEDFORDSHIRE
16. IN THE “FRENCH CONNECTIONâ€Â￾ FILMS THE CONNECTION WAS BETWEEN NEW YORK CITY AND WHICH FRENCH CITY?
MARSEILLE
17. WHAT IS THE DINGBAT IN PICTURE 3?
DR DOOLITTLE
18. WHO AM I? BORN INTO A FOOTBALLING FAMILY IN HAMPSHIRE IN 1973, I MADE PROFESSIONAL DEBUT IN 1989. INVOLVED IN A 2004 CELEBRITY WEDDING, I RETIRED IN 2005 AND MOVED INTO BROADCASTING AND JOURNALISM.
JAMIE REDKNAPP
19. TRUE OR FALSE – GERIATRIPHOBIA IS THE FEAR OF OLD PEOPLE?
FALSE
20. SPANIARD ANGELES DURAN RECENTLY CLAIMED TO BE THE OWNER OF WHAT, IN THE BELIEF THAT SHE COULD CHARGE PEOPLE FOR
USING IT?
THE SUN
21. IN WHAT YEAR WAS THE BRITISH MUSEUM ESTABLISHED?
Image Image Image

01. WHICH BRITISH BAND HOLDS THE RECORD BY HAVING HAD 36 ALBUMS IN THE TOP TEN OF THE US ALBUM CHARTS?
ROLLING STONES
02. IN TENNIS WHAT IS THE MINIMUM NUMBER OF SERVES A PLAYER WOULD HAVE TO MAKE TO WIN A SET?
03. THE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT IN HOUSTON, TEXAS IS NAMED AFTER WHICH AMERICAN PRESIDENT?
GEORGE BUSH
04. PICTURE 1 SHOWS A POSTER FOR WHICH FILM?
“THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLYâ€Â￾
05. WHAT NAME LINKS A 20s CALIFORNIAN DANCE , THE CURRENCY OF PANAMA AND A SPORTING FILM CHARACTER?
BALBOA
06. A SENIOR DIPLOMAT REPORTEDLY SAID “HE IS A TWAT, BUT HE IS WRONG IN THE RIGHT WAYâ€Â￾, WHICH PUBLIC FIGURE WAS HE DESCRIBING?
PRINCE ANDREW
07. NAME THE YEAR. THE BEAUTIFUL SOUTH WERE FORMED, GLORIA ESTEFAN WAS FIRST BILLED AS A SOLO ARTIST AND JIVE BUNNY DOMINATED THE UK SINGLES CHART.
08. IN THE BOARDGAME “RISKâ€Â￾ WHAT COLOUR IS USED TO SIGNIFY EUROPE?
BLUE
09. NAME THE CITY FEATURED IN PICTURE 2.
NEW YORK CITY
10. IN 1997 WHICH CHILDREN’S TELEVISION PROGRAMME PROVIDED THE BBC WITH A THIRD OF ITS’ PROFITS?
“TELETUBBIESâ€Â￾
11. IF SOMEONE WAS DESCRIBED AS A DIPSOMANIAC WHAT WOULD THEY CRAVE?
ALCOHOL
12. NAME THE YEAR. NATIONAL WESTMINSTER BANK BEGAN TRADING, THE ISLE OF WIGHT STAGED THE LARGEST EVER MUSIC FESTIVAL AND “THE SUNâ€Â￾ PUBLISHED ITS’ FIRST PAGE 3 MODEL.
13. PICTURE 3 SHOWS THE COVER OF THE DEBUT SINGLE BY WHICH GROUP?
GIRLS ALOUD
14. IN 1958 MIKE HAWTHORN BECAME THE FIRST ENGLISHMAN TO WIN WHICH SPORTING TITLE?
F1 WORLD CHAMPION
15. WHICH TWO EUROPEAN COUNTRIES ARE HOME TO THE SITES OF SOME OF THE SEVEN ANCIENT WONDERS OF THE WORLD?
GREECE and TURKEY
16. WHAT WAS THE NAME OF THE CHARACTER PLAYED THE LATE LESLIE NIELSEN IN THE “NAKED GUNâ€Â￾ SERIES OF FILMS?
FRANK DREBBIN
17. IF YOU WERE EATING A ‘LITTLE DONKEY’ WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE IN YOUR MOUTH?
A BURRITO
18. WHO AM I? BORN IN TEXAS IN 1971 WITH THE SURNAME GUNDERSON, I WAS A SUCCESSFUL SWIMMER AND TRIATHLETE BEFORE SETTLING ON MY CHOSEN SPORT IN 1991. OVERCOMING SERIOUS HEALTH PROBLEMS, I WAS AT THE TOP OF MY SPORT UNTIL MY RETIREMENT IN 2005.
I MADE A COMEBACK IN 2009.
LANCE ARMSTRONG
19. BREWERS IN HOLLAND HAVE MADE A BEER ESPECIALLY DESIGNED FOR WHO?
DOGS
20. OF SNOW WHITE’S SEVEN DWARVES DOPEY COULD BE THE ONLY ONE WHO COULD POSSIBLY BE DESCRIBED AS A POGNOPHOBIC AS HE DIDN’T HAVE WHAT?
A BEARD
21. THE HEAVIEST EVER BRUSSEL SPROUT WAS RECORDED IN OCTOBER 1992, HOW MUCH, IN LBS, DID IT WEIGH?
18LBS 3OZS
Image Image Image

01. IN THE 1970s FOUR TOWNS OR CITIES FEATURED IN THE TITLES OF UK No1 SINGLES, NAME ANY TWO OF THE TOWNS OR CITIES.
BABYLON, LIVERPOOL, WATERLOO and WOODSTOCK
02. SINCE ITS’ INTRODUCTION IN 1986 HOW MANY GOLFERS HAVE BEEN RANKED AS THE WORLD’S No1 MALE PLAYER – 10, 13, 15 OR 18?
03. NAME THE COUNTRY HIGHLIGHTED IN PICTURE 1.
EGYPT
04. WHEN THE FAMOUS HORROR ACTOR BELA LUGOSI DIED HE WAS BURIED WEARING WHAT?
HIS DRACULA COSTUME
05. WHAT WORD CAN BE THE COSTA RICAN CURRENCY, A PUNCTUATION MARK OR PART OF THE HUMAN BODY?
COLON
06. WHICH AREA OF ENGLAND HAS BEEN DESIGNATED AS “THE FATTEST PLACE IN EUROPEâ€Â￾?
WEST MIDLANDS
07. NAME THE YEAR. ABBA HAD THEIR LAST UK No1 SINGLE, HEAVEN 17 WERE FORMED AND THREE OF THE ORIGINAL MEMBERS OF WESTLIFE WERE BORN.
08. IF A TENNIS PLAYER LOSES A MATCH IN TWO SETS TENNIS MATCH WHAT IS THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF GAMES HE CAN WIN?
09. IN TERMS OF POPULATION, WHAT IS THE LARGEST CITY IN THE USA NAMED AFTER A BRITISH PRIME MINISTER?
PITTSBURGH
10. WHICH ACTOR HAS APPEARED IN THE MOST JAMES BOND FILMS?
DESMOND LLEWELLYN
11. PICTURE 2 SHOWS AN AEROPLANE THAT SHARES ITS’ NAME WITH THE ROMAN GOD OF FIRE, WHAT IS IT?
VULCAN
12. NAME THE YEAR. AUSTRALIA ADOPTED THE DOLLAR AS ITS’ CURRENCY TO REPLACE THE POUND, THE BOSTON MARATHON HAD ITS’ FIRST FEMALE ENTRANT AND OSCAR WINNING ACTRESS HALLE BERRY WAS BORN.
13. NAME THE BAND SHOWN IN CARTOON FORM IN PICTURE 3.
IRON MAIDEN
14. IN CRICKET THERE ARE FOUR TYPES OF SCORE REFERRED TO AS EXTRAS, NAME ANY THREE OF THEM.
BYES, LEG BYES, NO BALLS and WIDES
15. THE BUILDING WHOSE ADDRESS IS 30 ST MARY AXE IS POPULARLY KNOWN BY THE NAME OF WHICH FOOD ITEM?
GHERKIN
16. IN THE NAMES OF THE TELEVISION SERIES “CSIâ€Â￾ WHAT DO THE INITIALS “CSIâ€Â￾ STAND FOR?
CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION
17. HOW MANY NUMBERED SQUARES ARE THERE ON A PROPER SNAKES ‘N’ LADDERS BOARD?
18. WHO AM I? BORN IN LONDON IN 1940 WITH THE SURNAME WHITE, A TRAINEE ELECTRICIAN, I BEGAN ACTING IN LOCAL THEATRE, MAKING MY TV DEBUT IN “CROSSROADSâ€Â￾ IN 1967. BEST KNOWN FOR A ROLE THAT BEGAN IN 1981, I WAS KNIGHTED IN 2005.
SIR DAVID JASON
19. A CHICAGO THEATRE COMPANY HAS STAGED A PRODUCTION OF DICKENS’ “A CHRISTMAS CAROLâ€Â￾ WITH THE CAST SPEAKING THE LANGUAGE OF AND DRESSED AS WHAT FICTIONAL PEOPLE?
KLINGONS
20. A BAKER ON HIS WAY TO THE WORLD PIE EATING CHAMPIONSHIPS IN WIGAN HAD HIS BATCH OF PIES CONTAINING WHAT SPECIAL INGREDIENT STOLEN?
VIAGRA
21. HOW MANY RECORDS REACHED No1 IN THE UK SINGLES CHARTS DURING THE 1970S?
Image Image Image

01. DURING THE 1970s TWO COUNTRIES FEATURED IN THE TITLES OF UK No1 SINGLES, NAME ONE OF THE COUNTRIES.
ARGENTINA and BARBADOS
02. AT THE ROYAL ASCOT RACE MEETING ON WHAT DAY OF THE WELADIES’ DAY TRADITIONALLY STAGED?
THURSDAY
03. BY WHAT NAME WAS THE INDIAN CITY OF CHENNAI KNOWN UNTIL 1996?
MADRAS
04. IN THE DISNEY FILM “THE LION KINGâ€Â￾ WHAT TYPES OF ANIMALS WERE TIMON AND PUMBAA?
MEERKAT and WARTHOG
05. IF YOU HAD A ‘MONKEY’ IN YOUR WALLET AND YOU SPENT A ‘PONY’ HOW MUCH MONEY WOULD YOU HAVE LEFT?
£475
06. WHICH EIGHT YEAR OLD IS KNOW CONSIDERED A FASHION ICON HAVING APPEARED IN A LIST OF THE BEST DRESSED PEOPLE?
ROMEO BECKHAM
07. NAME THE YEAR. DIDO HAD THE UK’S BIGGEST SELLING ALBUM, SO SOLID CREW HAD THEIR FIRST AND ONLY UK No1 SINGLE AND THE FORMER BEATLE GEORGE HARRISON DIED.
08. WHICH COUNTRY COMES NEXT IN THIS LIST – URUGUAY, MEXICO, FRANCE, ARGENTINA, PORTUGAL, .....?
WEST GERMANY
09. NAME THE COUNTRY HIGHLIGHTED IN PICTURE 1.
SUDAN
10. WHICH 1988 OSCAR WINNING FILM FOLLOWS THE EXPLOITS OF BROTHERS CHARLIE AND RAYMOND BABBITT?
“RAIN MANâ€Â￾
11. WHAT WAS THE FIRST MAN-MADE ITEM TO TRAVEL FASTER THAN THE SPEED OF SOUND?
A WHIP
12. NAME THE YEAR. THE FIRST FRISBEE WAS PRODUCED, LIVERPOOL’S CAVERN CLUB OPENED AND COMEDIENNE AND ACTRESS DAWN FRENCH WAS BORN.
13. WHAT WORD DESCRIBES LIPPS INC’S “TOWNâ€Â￾, THE GOODIES’ “GIBBONâ€Â￾ AND JASPER CARROTT’S “MOPEDâ€Â￾?
FUNKY
14. NAME THE SPORTING TROPHY IN PICTURE 2.
THE DAVIS CUP
15. IN WHICH COUNTRY IS THE SOURCE OF THE RIVER RHINE?
SWITZERLAND
16. THE BUILDING IN PICTURE 3 FEATURED IN WHICH TELEVISION SERIES?
“THE OFFICEâ€Â￾
17. WHAT IS THE FIRST ANIMAL TO APPEAR IN AN ENGLISH DICTIONARY?
AARDVARK
18. WHO AM I? BORN DYLAN MILLS IN LONDON IN 1985, I WAS AN AMATEUR DJ, WHO HAD MY FIRST TOP 40 HIT IN 2001. THE YOUNGEST WINNER OF THE MERCURY MUSIC PRIZE, I’VE HAD FOUR UK No1 SINGLES AND WAS RECENTLY A JUDGE ON A TV TALENT SHOW.
DIZZEE RASCAL
19. BOY GEORGE ONCE SAID “IN THE EARLY 80s I WAS PRETTY INNOCENT AND CONFUSED, I WAS LIKE MARIE OSMOND, ONLY WITH BIGGER....â€Â￾ WHAT?
EYELASHES
20. WHAT IS UNUSUAL ABOUT THE RECENTLY BORN AMERICAN TWINS MADISEN AND EVERETTE LEWIS?
THEY WERE BORN IN DIFFERENT YEARS
21. ACCORDING TO HISTORICAL RECORDS IN WHAT YEAR WAS AN ANIMAL LAST PUT ON TRIAL IN A EUROPEAN COURT?
Image Image Image