• Topic Title

• Topic description
Challenge fellow quizzers by posting your favourite questions and quizzes here.

Moderators: playgirl, JUS, rodbox

#157103 by IAN B
Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:59 am
A couple more offerings from The Railway's resident QM, both proved tricky with winning scores of 15/20 - PM your answers.

01. IN WHAT YEAR WERE THESE SONGS FIRST UK HITS – “HOT DIGGITY DOG ZIGGITY BOOM” BY PERRY COMO, “HOUND DOG” BY ELVIS PRESLEY AND “JUST WALKIN’ IN THE RAIN” BY JOHNNIE RAY? 1956
02. WHICH CURRENT ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE MANAGER WAS THE FIRST BRITISH PLAYER TO BE SOLD FOR OVER £2 MILLION? MARK HUGHES
03. WHICH IS THE LONGEST RIVER IN THE UNITED KINGDOM? SEVERN
04. WHAT ARMY RANK WAS HELD BY HERCULE POIROT’S SIDEKICK ARTHUR HASTINGS? CAPTAIN
05. PICTURE 1 SHOWS THE LEAF OF WHAT TYPE OF TREE? ELM
06. A FAMOUS NAME IN THE MOVIE WORLD, WHO DIRECTED THE FILM “12 YEARS A SLAVE”, WHICH HAS JUST WON THE BEST PICTURE OSCAR? STEVE McQUEEN
07. WHEN LILY ALLEN PLAYED GLASTONBURY IN 2009 WHAT DID SHE DO AS A TRIBUTE TO THE RECENTLY DECEASED MICHAEL JACKSON? WORE A SINGLE WHITE GLOVE
08. DESPITE BEING STRIPPED OF OTHER AWARDS, WHO IS THE ONLY SPORTS PERSON TO HAVE TWICE WON A BBC SPORTS PERSONALITY SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARD? LESTER PIGGOTT
09. WHICH IS THE ONLY US STATE THAT LIES SOUTH OF FLORIDA? HAWAII
10. NAME THE ACTOR AND THE PERSON HE IS PORTRAYING IN PICTURE 2. ANTHONY HOPKINS as ALFRED HITCHCOCK
11. ACCORDING TO THE CONCISE OXFORD DICTIONARY WHAT ARE THE FIVE LEAST USED LETTERS IN THE ENGLISH ALPHABET? Z,Q,X,J and K
12. NAME THE YEAR. THE SEVERN BRIDGE OPENED, “THE MONEY PROGRAMME" MADE ITS’ TELEVISION DEBUT AND THE MODEL AND ACTRESS CINDY CRAWFORD WAS BORN. 1966
13. WHICH FILM AND STAGE MUSICAL FEATURES THE SONGS “ME AND MY BABY”, “I KNOW A GIRL” AND “ALL THAT JAZZ”? "CHICAGO"
14. WHICH FAMOUS DRIVER IS THE ONLY WINNER OF MOTOR RACING’S TRIPLE CROWN, CONSISTING OF THE MONACO GRAND PRIX, THE LE MANS 24 HOUR AND THE INDIANAPOLIS 500? GRAHAM HILL
15. NAME THE COUNTRY HIGHLIGHTED IN PICTURE 3. BRUNEI
16. WHICH TELEVISION PROGRAMME WAS RENAMED “THE MINISTER OF DEVINE” WHEN IT WAS RE-MADE IN THE USA? THE VICAR OF DIBLEY"
17. THE CODENAME FOR WWII’S NORMANDY LANDINGS SHARED ITS’ NAME WITH WHICH OF THE PLANETS? NEPTUNE
18. WHO AM I? BORN ON THE ISLE OF WIGHT IN 1948, I TRAINED AT BRISTOL’S OLD VIC THEATRE AND BUSKED TO MAKE ENDS MEET. I MADE MY WEST END DEBUT IN 1971. MY FIRST TELEVISION ROLE WAS ON THE CHILDREN’S PROGRAMME “PLAY AWAY”. MY MOST FAMOUS ROLE WAS IN A 1981 TV DRAMA AND I WON MY FIRST GOLDEN GLOBE IN 1990. JEREMY IRONS
19. IS ST BIBIANA THE PATRON SAINT OF – BREWERS, WINEMAKERS OR HANGOVERS? HANGOVERS
20. WHEN THE NHS IS SUSSEX SET UP A GROUP TO PROMOTE SAFE SEX THEY GAVE IT WHAT APPROPRIATE ACRONYM? SEXUAL HEALTH ACTION GROUP
TIE BREAKER (nearest answer wins)
21. IN WHAT YEAR WAS THE FORWARD PASS MADE LEGAL IN AMERICAN FOOTBALL? 1906

Image Image Image

This was a Jus vs Rob_Bob contest ... not that it was much of a contest ;-)
JUS 5 (tiebreaker 1979)
ROB_BOB 15 (1969)

01. AT WHICH YEAR’S “BRIT AWARDS” DID ELTON JOHN, LISA STANSFIELD AND THE CURE WIN THE BEST BRITISH MALE, FEMALE AND GROUP AWARDS? 1991
02. WHICH SPORT HAS PROVIDED THE MOST WINNERS OF THE BBC’S OVERSEAS SPORTS PERSONALITY OF THE YEAR AWARD? TENNIS
03. WHICH EUROPEAN CITY HAS THE MOST CANALS – AMSTERDAM, BIRMINGHAM OR VENICE? BIRMINGHAM
04. IN THE FILM “HARRY POTTER AND THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS” WHAT MAKE AND MODEL OF CAR WAS THE FLYING CAR? FORD ANGLIA
05. PICTURE 1 SHOWS THE LOGO OF WHICH COMPANY? HOUSE OF FRASER
06. WHAT BREED OF DOG WON THE “BEST IN SHOW” PRIZE AT CRUFTS 2014? STANDARD POODLE
07. WHICH POPULAR FOOTBALL ANTHEM WAS FIRST WRITTEN FOR THE RODGERS AND HAMMERSTEIN MUSICAL “CAROUSEL”? "YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE"
08. THREE COUNTRIES HAVE WON FOOTBALL’S EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP IN THE YEAR THAT THEY’VE HOSTED IT, NAME ANY TWO OF THEM. SPAIN, ITALY and FRANCE
09. MELBOURNE IS THE STATE CAPITAL OF WHICH AUSTRALIAN STATE? VICTORIA
10. WHAT WAS THE FIRST FILM TO WIN MORE THAN TEN ACADEMY AWARDS? "BEN HUR"
11. THE PERSON WHO BUILT IT DOESN’T WANT IT, THE PERSON WHO BOUGHT DOESN’T YET NEED IT AND THE PERSON WHO NEEDS IT DOESN’T KNOW ABOUT IT, WHAT IS IT? A COFFIN
12. NAME THE YEAR. THE FIRST NUCLEAR SUBMARINE WAS LAUNCHED, MARILYN MONROE MARRIED JOE DI MAGGIO AND “FROM HERE TO ETERNITY” WON THE BEST PICTURE OSCAR. 1954
13. NAME THE MUSICAL DUO SHOWN IN PICTURE 2. THE EVERLEY BROTHERS
14. IN WOMEN’S OLYMPIC SPEED SKATING WHAT IS THE DISTANCE OF THE LONGEST RACE – 3000, 5000 OR 10000 METRES? 5000 METRES
15. WHAT IS THE HIGHEST PEAK IN THE PEAK DISTRICT? KINDER SCOUT
16. WHICH TELEVISION SERIES WAS FILM IN THE DONCASTER SUBURB OF BALBY? "OPEN ALL HOURS"
17. WHAT DOES THIS DITLOID REPRESENT?
49 E G S BY B C
49 ENGLAND GOALS SCORED BY BOBBY CHARLTON
18. WHO AM I? BORN IN MADRAS IN 1968, I AM A GRADUATE OF DURHAM UNIVERSITY WHO MADE MY INTERNATIONAL SPORTING DEBUT IN 1990, FIRST CAPTAINING MY COUNTRY NINE YEARS LATER. AFTER MY RETIREMENT IN 2003 I MOVED INTO TELEVISION AND JOURNALISM AND MADE MY ACTING DEBUT IN A 2011 BOLLY WOOD FILM. NASSER HUSSAIN
19. DID NAPOLEON DESCRIBE THE PENINSULAR WAR AS “HIS SPANISH .....” – HEADACHE, HAEMORRHOID OR ULCER? ULCER
20. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING ARE CARTOON CHARACTERS IN SY POLICE’S CRIME STOPPERS CAMPAIGN – NICK DE MOTA, ROB DE BANK, ROBIN HOLMES AND AHMED ROBBERY? NICK DE MOTA and ROBIN HOLMES
21. HOW LONG, IN KMS, IS THE TRANS-SIBERIAN RAILWAY? 9289KMS

Image Image

A close contest this time.....
JUS 9 (tiebreaker 5500)
ROB_BOB 10 (8000)

#157249 by Rob_Bob
Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:18 pm
The second one couldn't have been much closer :shock:

#157250 by IAN B
Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:26 pm
The Railway winners scored 15/20, let's see how you do - PM your answers.

01. IN WHAT YEAR WERE PULP, MANIC STREET PREACHERS AND OASIS ALL NOMINATED FOR THE MERCURY MUSIC PRIZE WITH PULP WINNING? 1996
02. IN PROFESSIONAL ICE HOCKEY HOW LONG DOES EACH PERIOD OF PLAY LAST – 10, 15 OR 20MINUTES? 20 MINUTES
03. IN WHICH BRITISH CITY WOULD YOU FIND THE ANGLICAN AND CATHOLIC CATHEDRALS AT THE OPPOSITE ENDS OF HOPE STREET? LIVERPOOL
04. IN THE TITLE OF THE TELEVISION POLICE SHOW “CHiPS” WHAT DID THE ACRONYM “CHiPS” STAND FOR? CALIFORNIA HIGHWAY PATROL
05. PICTURE 1 SHOWS THE PAW PRINTS OF WHAT TYPE OF CREATURE? BROWN BEAR
06. BRITAIN IS TO ISSUE A NEW POUND COIN WHOSE DESIGN IS INSPIRED BY WHICH FORMER BRITISH COIN? THREEPENNY BIT
07. IN 1971 WHAT FORM OF TRANSPORT TOOK THE MIXTURES TO No2 IN THE UK SINGLES CHART? PUSHBIKE
08. PICTURE 2 SHOWS A PAST PHOTO OF WHICH ENGLISH FOOTBALL STADIUM? STAMFORD BRIDGE
09. WHEN ALCATRAZ WAS LAST USED AS A PRISON WHO WAS THE PRESIDENT OF THE USA? JOHN F KENNEDY
10. IN 1992 THE “CARRY ON...” FILMS MADE A RETURN AFTER A 14 YEAR BREAK WITH A FILM ABOUT WHICH HISTORIC CHARACTER? COLUMBUS
11. IN THE TITLE OF THE MEN’S MAGAZINE “GQ” WHAT DO THE INITIALS ‘GQ’ STAND FOR? GENTLEMEN'S QUARTERLY
12. NAME THE YEAR. QUEEN ELIZABETH II FIRST APPEARED ON ENGLISH BANK NOTES, THE FIRST “DOMINOS” PIZZA RESTAURANT OPENED AND THE FLINTSTONES MADE THEIR TELEVISION DEBUT. 1960
13. WHEN GUSTAV HOLST WROTE “THE PLANETS SUITE” WHY DID HE NOT INCLUDE PLUTO? IT HADN'T BEEN DISCOVERED
14. IF YOU ADDED TOGETHER THE LOWEST NUMBER OVER 100 ON WHICH YOU CAN’T DO A THREE DART CHECK OUT IN DARTS, THE NUMBER OF PLAYERS IN A FULL RUGBY UNION SCRUM AND THE WIDTH OF A FOOTBALL GOAL IN YARDS WHAT NUMBER SHOULD YOU HAVE? 183 (159+16+8 )
15. PICTURE 3 SHOWS AN AERIAL VIEW OF WHICH FAMOUS BUILDING? THE TAJ MAHAL
16. WAS THE SHOP USED IN THE TELEVISION SHOW “OPEN ALL HOURS” ORIGINALLY - A HAIRDRESSERS, A GROCERS OR A NEWSAGENTS? HAIRDRESSERS
17. IN THE CHILDREN’S BOARDGAME “OPERATION” WHAT MUST YOU REMOVE FROM THE STOMACH? BUTTERFLY
18. WHO AM I? BORN IN NEW YORK CITY IN 1955, I WAS A HIGH SCHOOL DROPOUT WHO HAD JOBS AS DIVERSE AS BRICKLAYER AND TELEPHONE CHAT LINE OPERATIVE. HAVING STUDIED ACTING I MADE MY ON-SCREEN DEBUT IN 1981. I RECEIVED MY FIRST OSCAR NOMINATION IN 1985, WINNING ONE FIVE YEARS LATER. I HAVE SINCE APPEARED IN STAGE MUSICALS AND HOSTED TV SHOWS.
WHOOPI GOLDBERG
19. OF THOSE SURVEYED 11% OF AMERICANS BELIEVE THAT – ALIENS EXIST, ELVIS IS STILL ALIVE, EUROPE IS A COUNTRY OR MICHAEL JACKSON WAS ONCE BLACK? ELVIS IS STILL ALIVE
20. AFTER STARTING IN 1922 WHAT DID CHARLES OSBOURNE OF IOWA NOT STOP DOING UNTIL FEBRUARY 1990? HICCUPING
21. HOW HIGH, IN FEET, IS THE WORLD’S TALLEST ROLLERCOASTER? 456 FEET

Image Image Image

Three entries, including a newbie.....
JUS 9 (tiebreaker 600)
SELLIS7180 9 (423)
But you'll all have to up your game cos Bigal is back...
BIGAL 18 (500)

#157339 by IAN B
Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:14 am
A little easier offering this week which saw a winning score in The Railway of 17/20 - PM your answers.

01. IN WHAT YEAR DID MICHAEL JACKSON RELEASE HIS FIRST SOLO SINGLE, OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN RELEASE HER FIRST ALBUM AND T.REX HAVE THEIR FIRST UK No1 SINGLE? 1971
02. HOW MANY DIFFERENT JOCKEYS PARTNERED RED RUM TO HIS GRAND NATIONAL WINS? 2
03. IF SOMEONE IS DESCRIBED AS A MAGYAR THEY ARE A NATIVE OF WHICH EUROPEAN COUNTRY? HUNGARY
04. ON TELEVISION FASSETT SQUARE IN THE LONDON BOROUGH OF HACKNEY WAS THE INSPIRATION FOR WHAT? ALBERT SQUARE
05. WHICH CAR COMPANY DESIGNED THE SMART CAR? DAIMLER
06. WHICH TELEVISION CELEBRITY THIS WEEK ANNOUNCED THEIR INTEREST IN BUYING THE BBC? NOEL EDMONDS
07. NAME THREE OF THE CHARACTERS WHO APPEARED IN THE ORIGINAL LINE-UP OF THE VILLAGE PEOPLE? CONSTRUCTION WORKER, COP, COWBOY, LEATHER BIKER GUY, NATIVE AMERICAN, SOLDIER
08. PICTURE 1 SHOWS THE BADGE OF WHICH BRITISH FOOTBALL CLUB? YORK CITY
09. WHICH BRITISH CITY WAS THE FIRST TO ESTABLISH ITS’ OWN ORGANISED POLICE FORCE? GLASGOW
10. WHAT DIFFERED BETWEEN JOHN WAYNE’S 1969 PORTRAYAL OF ROOSTER COGBURN IN “TRUE GRIT” AND JEFF BRIDGE’S IN THE 2010 REMAKE? WORE EYEPATCH ON DIFFERENT EYES
11. IF YOU ADDED TOGETHER THE NUMBER OF EDGES ON A UK “STOP” ROADSIGN, THE NUMBER OF GROOVES ON A LP RECORD AND THE NUMBER OF PAWNS ON A CHESSBOARD AT THE START OF A GAME WHAT NUMBER SHOULD YOU HAVE? 26 (8+2+16)
12. NAME THE YEAR. TONY BLAIR BEGAN HIS THIRD TERM AS PRIME MINISTER, AND A LEAP SECOND WAS ADDED TO THE YEAR TO BALANCE THE WORLD'S CLOCKS. 2005
13. PICTURE 2 GIVES A CRYPTIC CLUE TO THE NAME OF WHICH BAND AND WHICH OF THEIR SONGS? OASIS and "CHAMPAGNE SUPERNOVA"
14. IN 1877 WHAT MAJOR CHANGE WAS MADE TO RUGBY – AN OVAL BALL WAS USED FOR THE FIRST TIME, H-SHAPED POSTS WERE INTRODUCED OR TEAMS WERE REDUCED FROM 20 TO 15? TEAMS WERE REDUCED TO 15 PLAYERS
15. WHAT BUILDING APPEARS ON THE REVERSE OF AN ITALIAN FIVE EURO CENTS COIN? COLOSSEUM
16. SINCE 2000 MARCUS BENTLEY HAS BEEN THE NARRATOR OF WHICH TELEVISION SHOW? "BIG BROTHER"
17. WHAT DOES THE DINGBAT IN PICTURE 3 REPRESENT? CAN'T SPELL FOR TOFFEE
18. WHO AM I? BORN IN NEW YORK CITY, I SUFFERED A SCHOOLBOY ACCIDENT THAT WAS TO HAVE A PROFOUND EFFECT ON MY LIFE. A GRADUATE OF EMPIRE STATE UNIVERSITY, I FIRST WORKED IN JOURNALISM. I MADE MY TELEVISION DEBUT IN 1967, BUT DID NOT MAKE MY FILM DEBUT UNTIL 2002. PETER PARKER aka SPIDERMAN
19. AN AMERICAN BREWERY HAS PRODUCED A BEER FLAVOURED WITH WHAT AS A TRIBUTE TO A TELEVISION SHOW - BLOOD FOR THE VAMPIRE SHOW "TRUE BLOOD", BRAINS FOR THE ZOMBIE SHOW "THE WALKING DEAD" OR FISH HEADS FOR THE TRAWLER SHOW "DEADLIEST CATCH"? BRAINS - to be precise roasted goat's brains
20. TRUE OR FALSE - IN MEXICO THERE IS AN UNOFFICIAL PATRON SAINT OF DRUG DEALERS? TRUE
21. HOW TALL, IN FEET, IS LONDON'S ST PAUL'S CATHEDRAL? 366 FEET

Image Image
TOFEE TOFFE TOPHY TOFIE

This week's scores were.....
JUS 10 (tiebreaker 657)
BUZZIE 11 (346)
ROB_BOB 14 (305)
BIGAL 19 (365)

#157428 by IAN B
Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:56 pm
This week's offering takes the form of a "Blockbusters" quiz, which had a winning score of 19/20 in The Railway - PM your answers

01. GS
BRITISH REALITY TV SHOW SET IN NEWCASTLE-UPON-TYNE.
"GEORDIE SHORE"
02. AOE
GEORGE W BUSH’S DESCRIPTION OF IRAN, IRAQ AND NORTH KOREA.
AXIS OF EVIL
03. HI
ALTERNATIVE NAME FOR LINDISFARNE, WHICH LIES OFF THE COAST OF NORTHUMBERLAND.
HOY ISLAND
04. TCG
NICKNAME GIVEN TO WIMBLEDON FC IN THE LATE 80s AND EARLY 90s.
THE CRAZY GANG
05. TBWP
POPULAR 1999 FILM SET IN THE US STATE OF MARYLAND.
"THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT"
06. CA
NICKNAME USED BY FLEETWOOD TOWN FC AND THEIR FANS.
COD ARMY
07. FAM
FAMOUS LONDON DEPARTMENT STORE LOCATED IN PICCADILY.
FORTNUM AND MASON
08. FSAS
ADDRESS OF “EASTENDERS” QUEEN VICTORIA PUB.
46 ALBERT SQUARE
09. EL
NAVIGATION SYSTEM USED BY BATS.
ECHO LOCATION
10. THATT
VIV RICHARDS’ HIGHEST FIRST CLASS CRICKET SCORE.
11. FF
A SCALED CREATURE THAT CAN GET AIRBORNE.
FLYING FISH
12. BMW
ENGLISH TRANSLATION OF A GERMAN CAR MANUFACTURER’S NAME.
BAVARIAN MOTOR WORKS
13. BYOT
WHAT YOU DO WHEN YOU BOAST.
BLOW YOUR OWN TRUMPET
14. CU
BRITISH FOOTBALL CLUB WHO PLAY THEIR HOME GAMES AT ABBEY STADIUM.
CAMBRIDGE UNITED
15. SVS
IN “CORONATION STREET” THE ADDRESS OF “ROY’S ROLLS”.
16 VICTORIA STREET
16. GSOE
WHAT PT BARNUM CALLED HIS CIRCUS.
GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH
17. BS
COLLECTIVE NAME FOR ESTONIA, LATVIA AND LITHUANIA.
BALTIC STATES
18. NPG
FAMOUS COLLECTION OF PICTURES IN LONDON’S ST MARTIN’S LANE.
NATIONAL PORTRAIT GALLERY
19. PIOT
WHAT NEVILLE CHAMBERLAIN PROMISED ON HIS 1938 RETURN FROM MUNICH.
PEACE IN OUR TIME
20. SFTSHATO
THE OFFICIAL CAPACITY OF MANCHESTER UNITED’S OLD TRAFFORD.
21. IN WHAT YEAR WAS THE DEPARTMENT STORE IN Q7 FOUNDED? 1707

Just the one entry this week.....
BIGAL 19 (tiebreaker 1700)

#157503 by IAN B
Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:47 am
Couple of offerings this week from The Railway's resident QM, the first proved a little tricky with a winning score of 14/20 whilst four teams managed 16/20 on the second, let's see how you do - PM your answers

01. IN WHAT YEAR DID ADAM & THE ANTS, JULIO IGLESIAS AND ROXY MUSIC ALL HAVE THEIR FIRST UK No1 SINGLES? 1981
02. IN WHICH SPORT DO TWO TEAMS CONTEST “THE SUBWAY SERIES”? BASEBALL - the contest between NYC's teams
03. WITH A POPULATION OF OVER 10 MILLION WHAT IS EUROPE’S MOST POPULOUS LANDLOCKED COUNTRY? CZECH REPUBLIC
04. NAME THE PERSON IN PICTURE 1. MEL GIBSON
05. IF THE CONSERVATIVES ARE BLUE, THE LIBERAL DEMOCRATS YELLOW AND LABOUR RED, WHAT COLOUR IS UKIP? PURPLE
06. PRINCE GEORGE THIS WEEK EMBARKED ON HIS FIRST ROYAL TOUR, BUT WHICH COUNTRY DID HE VISIT? NEW ZEALAND
07. WHAT FAMOUS SONG WAS THE BEATLES’ FIRST RELEASE ON APPLE? "HEY JUDE"
08. WHEN GERMANY BECAME THE FIRST TEAM TO WIN A TOURNAMENT BY A GOLDEN GOAL AT EURO ’96 WHO DID THEY BEAT IN THE FINAL? CZECH REPUBLIC
09. NAME THE PLACE OR OBJECT IN PICTURE 2. BASE OF THE STATUE OF LIBERTY
10. IN “THE BLUES BROTHERS” FILMS WHAT WERE THE FIRST NAMES OF THE BLUES BROTHERS? JAKE and ELWOOD
11. YOU REACH AN UNSIGNED JUNCTION, IN ONE DIRECTION IS THE CITY OF TRUTH, WHOSE CITIZENS ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH IN THE OTHER THE CITY OF LIES, WHOSE CITIZENS ALWAYS LIE. A CITIZEN OF ONE OF THESE CITIES (YOU DON’T KNOW WHICH) IS AT THE JUNCTION, WHAT QUESTION MUST YOU ASK THEM TO FIND YOUR WAY TO THE CITY OF TRUTH? IN WHICH DIRECTION DO YOU LIVE? - both would point in the same direction
12. NAME THE YEAR. THE FIRST FRISBEE WAS PRODUCED, LIVERPOOL’S “CAVERN CLUB” OPENED AND THE ACTOR HUMPHREY BOGART DIED. 1957
13. PICTURE 3 GIVES A CRYPTIC CLUE TO NAME OF WHICH BAND AND WHICH OF THEIR SONGS? ROLLING STONES and "JUMPIN' JACK FLASH"
14. WHICH BALL SPORT HAS A GOAL THAT MEASURES 7 FEET HIGH BY 12 FEET WIDE? FIELD HOCKEY
15. WHICH IS THE WORLD’S MOST CLIMBED MOUNTAIN – EVEREST, MOUNT FUJI OR KILIMANJARO? MOUNT FUJI
16. IN THE TV SHOW “THE ROYLE FAMILY” WHAT WERE THE FIRST NAMES OF THE SON AND DAUGHTER PLAYED BY RALF LITTLE AND CAROLINE AHERNE? ANTHONY and DENISE
17. IN THE USA IT’S CALLED KEROSENE, WHAT IS IT CALLED IN THE UK? PARAFFIN
18. WHO AM I? BORN IN MIDDLESEX IN 1899, I MADE MY PROFESSIONAL STAGE DEBUT AGED 11. AFTER WWI I BEGAN TO WRITE SHORT STORIES AND PLAYS. A WWII INTELLIGENCE OFFICER, I MADE MY MOVE INTO FILMS RELATIVELY LATE IN 1956, APPEARING IN MY LAST FILM IN 1969, FOUR YEARS BEFORE MY DEATH. NOEL COWARD
19. WHAT CAUSED THE CANCELLATION OF A SCREENING OF THE FILM “NOAH” AT AN EXETER CINEMA? A FLOOD
20. TRUE OR FALSE – IN IRELAND THERE IS A PATRON SAINT OF POTATOES AND POTATO GROWERS? FALSE
21. HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE REACHED SUMO WRESTLING’S TOP RANK OF YOKOZUNA? 71

ImageImageImage

Just the one entry.....
JUS 8 (tiebreaker 157)

01. IN WHAT YEAR DID PHIL COLLINS, ANNIE LENNOX AND ERASURE WIN BEST BRITISH MALE, FEMALE AND GROUP AT A BRIT AWARDS CEREMONY HOSTED BY MICK FLEETWOOD AND SAMANTHA FOX? 1989
02. IN ICE HOCKEY HOW WIDE, IN FEET, IS THE GOAL? 6 FEET
03. FAMOUS FOR ITS’ GUNFIGHT, IN WHICH US STATE IS THE OK CORRAL? ARIZONA
04. WHAT WAS THE NAME OF THE DOG IN “THE MUPPET SHOW”? ROWLF
05. PICTURE 1 SHOWS THE LEAF OF WHICH TREE? HORSE CHESTNUT
06. BASED IN BRISTOL, WHICH COMPANY, IN 1873, WAS THE FIRST IN BRITAIN TO PRODUCE CHOCOLATE EASTER EGGS? FRY'S
07. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING SINGERS IS THE OLDEST – DAVID BOWIE, DAVID ESSEX, ELTON JOHN OR ROD STEWART? ROD STEWART
08. WHEN ENGLAND HOSTED FOOTBALL’S EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIPS IN 1996 WHICH GROUNDS STAGED THE SEMI-FINALS? OLD TRAFFORD and WEMBLEY
09. ON WHICH ITALIAN ISLAND DID THE MAFIA ORIGINATE? SICILY
10. THE 1969 VERSION OF THE FILM “THE ITALIAN JOB” WAS SET IN WHICH ITALIAN CITY? TURIN
11. NAME THE FAMOUS LEADER SHOWN IN HIS YOUNGER DAYS IN PICTURE 2. STALIN
12. NAME THE YEAR. RONALD REAGAN WAS SHOT IN WASHINGTON DC, THE FIRST GAME OF PAINTBALL WAS STAGED AND THE FIRST DITLOID PUZZLE WAS PUBLISHED. 1981
13. WHO WAS THE FEATURED ARTIST ON TONY CHRISTIE’S 2005 VERSION OF “IS THIS THE WAY TO AMARILLO?”? PETER KAY
14. AT THE WIMBLEDON TENNIS CHAMPIONSHIPS HOW MANY BALL BOYS OR GIRLS ARE ON COURT DURING A MATCH? 6
15. MORPETH IS THE LARGEST TOWN AND ADMINISTRATIVE HEADQUARTERS OF WHICH ENGLISH COUNTY? NORTHUMBERLAND
16. COMPOSED BY BARRY STOLLER, WHICH FAMOUS TV THEME TUNE WAS FIRST HEARD IN 1970 – “CORONATION STREET”, “EMMERDALE FARM”, “GRANDSTAND” OR “MATCH OF THE DAY”? "MATCH OF THE DAY"
17. WHAT DOES THE DITLOID IN PICTURE 3 REPRESENT? 32 DEGREES FAHRENHEIT AT WHICH WATER FREEZES
18. WHO AM I? BORN IN 1853, I WAS A MEDICAL GRADUATE FROM THE UNIVERSITY OF LONDON. I JOINED THE BRITISH ARMY, BUT WAS DISCHARGED THROUGH INJURY IN 1880. IN 1881 I MET MY FUTURE FRIEND AND COLLEAGUE, FEATURING IN 17 OF HIS 25 ADVENTURES. DR JOHN WATSON
19. WHAT WAS THE ASTRONAUT BUZZ ALDRIN’S MOTHER’S MAIDEN NAME? MOON
20. ACCORDING TO AMERICAN WWII CONSCRIPTION RECORDS THERE WERE NINE CASES OF MEN WITH AN EXTRA WHAT? TESTICLE
21. WHAT WATTAGE IS THE LIGHTBULB IN EDDYSTONE LIGHTHOUSE? According to an ex-keeper on television 35 WATTS, according to Trinity House's website 70 WATTS

ImageImage
32 D F AT WHICH W F

Just Jus again.....
JUS 10 (tiebreaker 1000000)

#157623 by IAN B
Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:24 am
Didn't think this one was that tough, but The Railway winners scored 14/20 - PM your answers.

01. NAME THE YEAR. DAVID BOWIE RELEASED “SPACE ODDITY”, JOHNNY CASH RECORDED HIS “AT SAN QUENTIN” ALBUM AND THE RAPPER JAY Z WAS BORN.
02. IN GOLF WHAT IS REFERRED TO AS A SNOWMAN? 1969
03. NAME THE US STATES WHOSE NAMES BEGIN WITH ‘NEW’. HAMPSHIRE, JERSEY, MEXICO and YORK
04. THE 2003 REMAKE OF THE FILM “THE ITALIAN JOB” WAS SET MAINLY IN WHICH ITALIAN CITY? VENICE - only in Hollywood could they conceive a film featuring car chases being set in a city where the streets are flooded!
05. TRUE OR FALSE – TO BECOME A US STATE GOVERNOR A PERSON MUST HAVE BEEN BORN IN ONE OF THE FIFTY US STATES? FALSE
06. WHO THIS WEEK HAVE BEEN GIVEN RECOGNITION AS A NATIONAL MINORITY GROUP? THE CORNISH
07. PICTURE 1 GIVES A CRYPTIC CLUE TO THE NAME OF WHICH BAND AND WHICH OF THEIR SONGS? WIZZARD - "ANGEL FINGERS"
08. IN BADMINTON HOW MANY FEATHERS ARE THERE ON A FEATHERED SHUTTLECOCK – 12, 16 OR 20? 16
09. NAME THE ONLY TWO CITIES TO BE FOUND IN THE METROPOLITAN BOROUGH OF GREATER MANCHESTER? MANCHESTER and SALFORD
10. PICTURE 2 SHOWS A CARICATURE OF WHICH FAMOUS ACTOR? HUMPHREY BOGART
11. WHICH THREE QUEENS HAD GLASGOW AS THEIR FIRST HOME CITY? RMS QUEEN MARY, QUEEN ELIZABETH and QUEEN ELIZABETH 2
12. NAME THE YEAR. “THE MOUSETRAP” MADE ITS’ WEST END DEBUT, THE FIRST MECHANICAL HEART WAS INSERTED INTO A HUMAN AND THE UK SCRAPPED IDENTITY CARDS. 1952
13. WHAT WAS THE FIRST NAME OF THE GIRL IN THE PULP HIT “DISCO 2000”? DEBORAH
14. WHEN GERMANY BEAT THE CZECH REPUBLIC IN THE FINAL OF EURO ’96, ENGLAND AND WHICH OTHER COUNTRY WERE BEATEN IN THE SEMI FINALS? FRANCE
15. WHICH IS THE ONLY US STATE WHOSE NAME BEGINS WITH THE LETTER ‘P’? PENNSYLVANIA
16. WHAT THREE WORD SAYING WAS USED AS THE TITLE OF THE 1990s TV COMEDY DRAMA ABOUT A GROUP OF REFUSE COLLECTORS? "COMMON AS MUCK"
17. WHAT DOES THE DITLOID IN PICTURE 3 RPRESENT? 3 LIONS ON AN ENGLAND FOOTBALL SHIRT
18. WHO AM I? BORN IN TRINIDAD IN 1949, I MOVED TO LONDON IN 1960. AFTER APPEARING IN WEST END MUSICALS I MOVED INTO CHILDREN’S TELEVISION IN 1976, ALSO ACTING IN A “DOCTOR WHO” SPIN-OFF. AWARDED AN OBE IN 2001, I BECAME A BARONESS WHEN AWARDED A LIFE PEERAGE IN 2010. FLOELLA BENJAMIN
19. WHAT DID GERMAN POLICE HAVE TO REPAIR AFTER IT WAS DAMAGED BY EGGS, TENNIS BALLS AND PLASTIC WATER BOTTLES? A RIOT VEHICLE
20. A CHINESE MAN IS TO OPEN A MUSEUM OF WHAT AFTER COLLECTING 5000 OF THEM OVER THE PAST TWO DECADES? BRAS
21. PRIOR TO 2014 HOW MANY DIFFERENT COUNTRIES HAVE PLAYED IN THE FINAL TOURNAMENTS OF FOOTBALL’S WORLD CUP? 76

Image Image
3 L ON AN E F S

Just the two entries this week.....
JUS 10 (tiebreaker 21)
BIGAL 20 (17)

#157655 by IAN B
Mon May 05, 2014 9:31 am
This week's bingo-style quiz got a winning score of 15/20 in The Railway - PM your answers.

01. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING SINGERS IS THE OLDEST - CHER, DEBBIE HARRY, LULU OR OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN? DEBBIE HARRY
02. HOW MANY COUNTRIES HAVE WON FOOTBALL'S WORLD CUP? 8
03. NAME THE COUNTRY HIGHLIGHTED IN PICTURE 1. DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
04. IN THE “THUNDERBIRDS” TELEVISION SHOW WHAT WAS THE NAME OF LADY PENELOPE’S SERVANT? PARKER
05. ON 18th NOVEMBER 2012 THE WEST END PRODUCTION OF “THE MOUSETRAP” REACHED WHAT LANDMARK PERFORMANCE – 10000, 25000 OR 50000? 25000
06. AFTER THE JAM DISBANDED IN 1982 PAUL WELLER FORMED WHICH BAND? STYLE COUNCIL
07. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING SPORTS USES THE LARGEST BALL – AMERICAN FOOTBALL, AUSTRALIAN RULES FOOTBALL OR RUGBY UNION? RUGBY UNION
08. WHICH OF THE WEST INDIAN COUNTRIES IS CLOSEST TO THE USA? BAHAMAS
09. PICTURE 2 GIVES A CRYPTIC CLUE TO THE IDENTITY OF WHICH FILMSTAR? TOM HANKS
10. WHAT NAME IS GIVEN TO SOMEONE WHO SHOES HORSES? FARRIER
11. ALTHOUGH CLASSED AS A WOODWIND INSTRUMENT, THE SAXOPHONE IS USUALLY MADE OF WHAT? BRASS
12. PICTURE 3 SHOWS THE BADGE OF WHICH BRITISH FOOTBALL TEAM? BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION
13. NAME THE US STATES WHOSE NAMES BEGIN WITH THE LETTER ‘O’. OHIO, OKLAHOMA and OREGON
14. WHICH CHILDREN’S TV SHOW WAS THE FIRST COMPLETE PROGRAMME TO BE BROADCAST ON BBC 2? "PLAY SCHOOL"
15. NAME THE COMMON PLANT IN PICTURE 4. POTATO
16. PICTURE 5 GIVES A CRYTPIC CLUE TO THE TITLE OF WHICH SONG? "GREAT BALLS OF FIRE"
17. HOW MANY HORSES HAVE WON THE EPSOM DERBY TWICE? NONE - it's a race for three year olds
18. WHICH TOWN OR CITY IS THE ADMINISTRATIVE HEADQUARTERS OF CUMBRIA? CARLISLE
19. IN WHICH ENGLISH CITY WAS THE SHORTLIVED 80s SOAP OPERA “ALBION MARKET” SET? SALFORD
20. IN WHICH GAME DOES JAKE THE JAILBIRD APPEAR? "MONOPOLY"
21. BENJAMIN PILON HOLDS THE WORLD RECORD FOR OPENING THE MOST CROWN CAP BEER BOTTLES IN ONE MINUTE, HOW MANY DID HE OPEN? 110
BONUS QUESTION
22. IN BINGO WHAT NUMBER IS REPRESENTED BY THE CALL “HALFWAY THERE”? 45

Image Image Image
Image Image

Just the one entry this week.....
ROB_BOB 15 (tiebreaker 80)

#157719 by IAN B
Tue May 13, 2014 2:08 pm
Possibly a bit easier this week, with two teams getting 17/20 in The Railway - PM your answers.

01. NAME THE YEAR. DIANA ROSS LEFT MOTOWN RECORDS, BUCKS FIZZ WON THE EUROVISION SONG CONTEST AND BEYONCE WAS BORN. 1981
02. WHICH CURRENT ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE FOOTBALL TEAM HAS WON THE MOST PROMOTIONS TO THE TOP DIVISION VIA THE PLAYOFFS? CRYSTAL PALACE
03. WHICH OF THE USA’S FIFTY STATES HAS THE LONGEST COASTLINE? ALASKA
04. IN THE TV SHOW “THUNDERBIRDS WHAT WAS THE FIRST NAME OF LADY PENELOPE’S SERVANT PARKER – ALOYSIUS, PEREGRINE OR ST JOHN? ALOYSIUS
05. IN PICTURE 1 WHICH NUMBERED AREA IS THE SIRLOIN? 4
06. WHICH CITY HOSTED THE 2014 EUROVISION SONG CONTEST? COPENHAGEN
07. IN THE BEATLES’ SONG “ELEANOR RIGBY” WHAT WAS THE NAME OF THE PRIEST? FATHER McKENZIE
08. WHICH US STATE HAS THE MOST TEAMS IN MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL? CALIFORNIA
09. IN WHICH BRITISH CITY IS THE HEADQUARTERS OF THE DRIVER VEHICLE LICENSING AUTHORITY? SWANSEA
10. THE FILM CHARACTER “DIRTY” HARRY CALLAHAN WAS A POLICE OFFICER IN WHICH CITY? SAN FRANCISCO
11. A MOTHER BAKES A CAKE, HER HUSBAND EATS ONE SIXTH OF IT, HER SON EATS ONE FIFTH OF THE REMAINDER, HER DAUGHTER EATS A QUARTER OF THE REMAINDER, HER NEIGHBOUR CALLS IN AND IS GIVEN A THIRD OF THE REST OF THE CAKE AND THE DOG STEALS HALF OF WHAT IS LEFT. HOW MUCH OF THE ORIGINAL CAKE IS LEFT FOR THE MOTHER? 1/6
12. NAME THE YEAR. MICROSOFT WAS FORMED, CHARLIE CHAPLIN RECEIVED A KNIGHTHOOD AND NIKI LAUDA WON HIS FIRST F1 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP. 1975
13. PICTURE 2 GIVES A CRYPTIC CLUE TO THE NAME OF WHICH BAND AND WHICH DOUBLE A SIDED SINGLE OF THEIRS? QUEEN and "BICYCLE RACE/FAT BOTTOMED GIRLS"
14. WHICH ENGLAND INTERNATIONAL OF THE 80s AND 90s IS THE ONLY PLAYER TO HAVE PLAYED FOR EVERTON, LIVERPOOL, MAN CITY AND MAN UTD? PETER BEARDSLEY
15. WHERE AM I? THE LARGEST COUNTY IN NORTHERN IRELAND, IT IS HOME TO THE GIANT’S CAUSEWAY, THE BUSHMILLS’ DISTILLERY AND, ACCORDING TO LEGEND, WAS THE EARLY HOME OF ST. PATRICK. COUNTY ANTRIM
16. TRUE OR FALSE – BBC RADIO 6 HAD A FEATURE WHERE LISTENERS HAD TO GUESS A TUNE WHISTLED BY A HOMOSEXUAL PENSIONER, IT WAS CALLED ”THE OLD GAY WHISTLE TEST”? TRUE
17. WHAT FOUR WORD PHRASE DOES THE DINGBAT IN PICTURE 3 REPRESENT?
18. WHO AM I? BORN IN OHIO IN 1940 OF IRISH-SPANISH DESCENT. I MADE MY TV DEBUT IN 1960, THEN CHANGED MY NAME BEFORE MY 1967 FILM DEBUT. I AM BEST KNOWN FOR A STARRING ROLE IN A 1979 FILM. I HAVE FOUR CHILDREN, ALL OF WHOM ARE ACTORS. MARTIN SHEEN
19. WHAT DID FARMERS IN SHIKOKU, JAPAN DO TO MAKE WATERMELONS EASIER TO STORE? GREW THEM SQUARE
20. THE LONGEST RECORDED FLIGHT OF WHAT LASTED 13 SECONDS? CHICKEN
21. HOW MANY POINTS DID NIGEL MANSELL SCORE DURING HIS F1 CAREER? 482

Image Image PINNACLES

It was the return of the Buzzie vs Jus show this week.....
JUS 13 (tiebreaker 357)
BUZZIE 15 (267)

#157842 by IAN B
Tue May 20, 2014 11:25 am
A little tougher this week as The Railway winner managed 15/20 - PM your answers.

01. IN WHAT YEAR WERE THESE SONGS FIRST HITS IN THE UK – “THE ISRAELITES” BY DESMOND DEKKER, “BAD MOON RISING” BY CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL AND “HELLO SUZIE” BY AMEN CORNER? 1969
02. WHICH SPORTING VENUE, BEST KNOWN FOR HORSE RACING, HAS ALSO STAGED THE BRITISH F1 GRAND PRIX? AINTREE
03. KIRKWALL IS THE ADMINISTRATIVE HEADQUARTERS OF WHICH BRITISH ISLAND GROUP? ORKNEYS
04. THE COMEDIAN FRANK SKINNER’S SON SHARES HIS NAME WITH A “TOY STORY” CHARACTER, IS IT BUZZ, HAMM, REX OR WOODY? BUZZ
05. PICTURE 1 SHOWS THE LOGO OF WHICH COMPANY? COSTA COFFEE
06. WHICH FILMSTAR HAS THIS WEEK BEEN ACCUSED OF BEING TOO FAT AFTER THEIR LATEST FILM APPEARANCE? GODZILLA
07. WHAT BODILY FLUID HAS PROVIDED UK TOP TWENTY HITS FOR JOHNNY NASH, ERIC CLAPTON AND AMY WINEHOUSE? TEARS
08. LUIS SUAREZ HAS JUST BECOME THE 7th PLAYER TO SCORE 30 GOALS IN A PREMIER LEAGUE SEASON, NAME TWO OF THE THREE ENGLISH PLAYERS TO ACHIEVE THIS FEAT? ALAN SHEARER, ANDY COLE and KEVIN PHILLIPS
09. MADE FAMOUS BY THE 1942 FILM, IN WHICH COUNTRY IS THE CITY OF CASABLANCA? MOROCCO
10. PICTURE 2 SHOWS A SCENE FROM WHICH FILM? "DIRTY HARRY"
11. WHAT TERM WAS FIRST USED IN 1947 AFTER KENNETH ARNOLD HAD A STRANGE EXPERIENCE? FLYING SAUCER
12. NAME THE YEAR. IN THE UK THE USE OF SEATBELTS IN THE FRONT OF CARS BECAME COMPULSORY, BJORN BORG RETIRED FROM TENNIS AND “TAGGART” MADE ITS’ TELEVISION DEBUT. 1983
13. PICTURE 3 GIVES A CRYPTIC CLUE TO THE NAME OF WHICH BAND AND WHICH OF THEIR SONGS? SURVIVOR and "EYE OF THE TIGER"
14. WITH A TOTAL OF 195 WICKETS, WHICH CRICKETER HOLDS THE RECORD FOR TAKING THE MOST WICKETS IN ASHES TEST SERIES? SHANE WARNE
15. WHICH IS THE ONLY EUROPEAN COUNTRY TO HAVE TWO CAPITAL CITIES? THE NETHERLANDS
16. IN THE FILM “GREASE” WHAT WAS THE FULL NAME OF JOHN TRAVOLTA’S CHARACTER? DANNY ZUKO
17. MANY SURNAMES ARE DERIVED FROM TRADITIONAL TRADES, WHAT DID A FLETCHER MAKE? ARROWS
18. WHO AM I? BORN IN PHILADELPHIA IN 1968, I FIRST FOUND FAME AS PART OF A RAP DUO, WINNING A GRAMMY IN 1988. I BEGAN ACTING ON TV IN 1990, BEFORE MAKING MY FILM DEBUT TWO YEARS LATER. TWICE NOMINATED FOR AN OSCAR, I AM MARRIED TO AN ACTRESS WITH WHOM I HAVE TWO CHILDREN WHO HAVE ALSO STARRED IN FILMS. WILL SMITH
19. THE 2014 EUROVISION SONG CONTEST WINNER CONCHITA WURST HAS HAD WHAT FOOD ITEM MADE AND NAMED IN “HER” HONOUR? SAUSAGE
20. TRUE OR FALSE – ST SINISTRE IS THE PATRON SAINT OF LEFT-HANDED PEOPLE? FALSE
21. IN WHICH YEAR WAS LONDON’S FIRST BILLINGSGATE FISH MARKET OFFICIALLY OPENED? 1699

Image Image Image

Two entrants this week.....
JUS 11 (tiebreaker 1801)
ROB_BOB 14 (1837)

#157906 by IAN B
Mon May 26, 2014 10:00 am
This week's Railway quiz saw me revive a snooker-style quiz I used to run about five years ago.
To qualify for the points on the coloured ball questions you must first answer the red ball question correctly - the maximum possible 'break'
is 60 - PM your answers.

01. WHAT IS THE TRADITIONAL COLOUR OF THE GEMSTONE SAPPHIRE?
BLUE

02. WHICH FAMOUS SINGER WAS BORN HARRY WEBB?
CLIFF RICHARD

03. NAME ONE OF THE MONTHS IN WHICH YOU MIGHT BE BORN UNDER THE STAR SIGN ‘TAURUS’.
APRIL and MAY

04. FROM 1988 IN WHICH AUSTRALIAN SOAP DID DANNI MINOGUE APPEAR?
"HOME AND AWAY"

05. HOW MANY PLAYERS ARE THERE IN A NETBALL TEAM?

06. IN THE TV SHOW “DALLAS” WHAT DID JR EWING’S INITIALS STAND FOR?
JOHN ROSS

07. WHAT COLOUR IS THE RIBBON ON A GEORGE CROSS?
BLUE

08. IN THE NURSERY RHYME “POP GOES THE WEASEL” WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE PUB THAT THEY GO IN AND OUT OF?
THE EAGLE

09. THE BOOKS AND TELEVISION SERIES FEATURING THE DETECTIVE REBUS ARE SET IN WHICH BRITISH CITY?
EDINBURGH

10. WHO WAS THE BRITISH PRIME MINISTER WHEN QUEEN ELIZABETH II WAS CROWNED?
WINSTON CHURCHILL

11. WHICH LETTER APPEARS ONLY ONCE IN THE NAMES OF THE PROFESSIONAL ENGLISH AND SCOTTISH FOOTBALL CLUBS AND NOT AT ALL IN THE PERIODIC TABLE OF ELEMENTS?
J

12. IN THE ACTIVITY OF BASE JUMPING WHAT DO THE INITIALS B, A, S AND E STAND FOR?
BUILDINGS, ANTENNAE, SPAN, EARTH
13. WHAT TYPE OF BIRD IS NAMED AFTER THE ENGRAVER SIR THOMAS BEWICK?
SWAN

14. WHICH COUNTRY OWNS THE SUEZ CANAL?
EGYPT

15. THE TERM ‘ADRIAN’ IS COCKNEY RHYMING SLANG FOR WHAT?
THE DOLE

16. WHICH IS THE ONLY SOUTH AMERICAN COUNTRY TO HAVE AN ATLANTIC AND A PACIFIC COASTLINE?
COLOMBIA

17. BY WHAT NAMES ARE THE FAMOUS COUPLE FREDERICK AUSTERLITZ AND VIRGINIA McMATH BETTER KNOWN?
FRED ASTAIRE and GINGER RODGERS

18. WHICH COUNTRY PRODUCES OVER 75% OF THE WORLD’S PISTACHIO NUTS?
IRAN
19. IN MINUTES WHAT IS THE WORLD RECORD FOR BALANCING ON ONE FOOT?

Two entrants scored.....
JUS 33 (tiebreaker 2400)
ROB_BOB 42 (2880)

#157953 by IAN B
Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:53 pm
This week's Railway quiz took the form of Blockbusters and all the answers are either numbers or contain numbers. PM your answers

01. TT
SURPRISE SELECTION LUKE SHAW’S ENGLAND WORLD CUP SQUAD NUMBER.
02. TOS
SO SOLID CREW’S TIMELY 2001 No1 SINGLE.
"21 SECONDS"
03. OHAE
THE NUMBER OF ELEMENTS IN THE PERIODIC TABLE.
04. FD
THE ANGLE OF LEAN OF THE LEANING TOWER OF PISA.
4 DEGREES
05. TFRS
SCOTT AND CHARLENE’S FIRST HOME ADDRESS.
24 RAMSEY STREET
06. TS
THE FINAL SCORE IN THE 1991 RUGBY UNION WORLD CUP FINAL.
10-6
07. TDS
IT HOUSES THE PRIME MINISTER’S PRESS OFFICE.
12 DOWNING STREET
08. NFF
SQUAD NUMBERS WERE INTRODUCED FOR THIS YEAR’S WORLD CUP.
09. FM
A TIMELY HIT FOR THE STRANGLERS IN 1978.
"FIVE MINUTES"
10. FHAST
THE NUMBER OF MAINTENANCE STEPS IN BLACKPOOL TOWER.
11. TBC
THE ADDRESS AT WHICH TV’S TREVOR JORDACHE BECAME AN UNUSUAL GARDEN FEATURE.
10 BROOKSIDE CLOSE
12. TFS
THE TIME IT TOOK LOUIS SAHA TO SCORE THE FA CUP FINAL’S FASTEST EVER GOAL.
25 SECONDS
13. FTPL
THE ADDRESS OF LONDON’S DORCHESTER HOTEL.
53 PARK LANE
14. TFS
THIS 2001 SONG WAS A HIT ALL WEEK FOR THE ARTFUL DODGER.
24/7
15. TTASS
THE NUMBER OF FIRST CLASS RUNS SCORED BY CRICKETER PHIL TUFNELL.
16. NEF
FUTURISTIC NOVEL FIRST PUBLISHED IN 1949.
"1984"
17. TS
THE NUMBER OF BLACK KEYS USUALLY FOUND ON A PIANO.
18. NSF
THE YEAR WEST HAM UNITED WON THEIR FIRST FA CUP.
19. TNTTC
AN ORGANISATION OF TORY MPs, NAMED AFTER THE YEAR IN WHICH IT WAS FORMED.
THE 1922 COMMITTEE
20. FFTTHASS
THE OFFICIAL CAPACITY AT LIVERPOOL’S ANFIELD GROUND.
21. IN WHICH YEAR DID LONDON’S DORCHESTER HOTEL FIRST OPEN? 1931

The winner this week was....
JUS 6 (tiebreaker 1826)- despite thinking that the angle of the Leaning Tower of Pisa is 40 degrees :shock:

#158114 by IAN B
Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:27 pm
I'll leave you three quizzes whilst I'm off on my travels. The Railway regulars found the first two quite tough - PM your answers.

01. IN WHAT YEAR WERE THE FOLLOWING MUSICIANS ALL BORN, THE POLICE DRUMMER STUART COPELAND, THE CLASH’S JOE STRUMMER AND DAVE STEWART OF THE EURYTHMICS? 1952
02. APART FROM LUIS SUAREZ THREE NON-ENGLISH PLAYERS HAVE SCORED 30 GOALS IN A PREMIER LEAGUE SEASON, NAME TWO OF THEM. THIERRY HENRY, CRISTIANO RONALDO and ROBIN VAN PERSIE
03. IN WHICH ENGLISH CITY WOULD YOU FIND THE NATIONAL MEDIA MUSUEM? BRADFORD
04. WHICH JAMES BOND CHARACTER MADE THEIR ONLY TWO APPEARANCES IN “THE SPY WHO LOVED ME” AND “MOONRAKER”? JAWS
05. NAME THE PERSON IN PICTURE 1. NIGEL FARAGE - looking slightly more sane than normal!
06. WHICH SINGER THIS WEEK ANNOUNCED THAT THEY WERE LEAVING PARLAPHONE AFTER 15 YEARS WITH THE RECORD LABEL? KYLIE
07. WHAT WAS ORIGINALLY CALLED THE PILTON POP, BLUES & FOLK FESTIVAL? GLASTONBURY
08. WHICH SUPERMARKET CHAIN ARE THE CURRENT SHIRT SPONSORS FOR THE ENGLAND TEST, ONE DAY AND T20 CRICKET TEAMS? WAITROSE
09. SITUATED PRIMARILY IN WYOMING, WHICH FAMOUS NATIONAL PARK IS HOME TO THE OLD FAITHFUL GEYSER? YELLOWSTONE
10. THE IMAGE IN PICTURE 2 APPEARS IN THE TITLES OF WHICH TV PROGRAMME? "THE GREAT BRITISH BAKE OFF" - it's their warning for "May contin nuts" :wink:
11. WHAT RECORD DOES HAMPSTEAD TUBE STATION HOLD – IT’S THE DEEPEST,
IT HAS THE MOST STEPS OR IT HAS THE SHORTEST PLATFORM? IT'S THE DEEPEST
12. NAME THE YEAR. EUROS WENT INTO CIRCULATION, LATVIA WON THE EUROVISION SONG CONTEST FOR THE FIRST TIME AND LIVERPOOL AIRPORT WAS RENAMED LIVERPOOL JOHN LENNON AIRPORT. 2002
13. PICTURE 3 GIVES A CRYPTIC CLUE TO THE NAME OF WHICH BAND AND WHICH OF THEIR SONGS? MATTHEWS SOUTHERN COMFORT and "WOODSTOCK"
14. IF YOU ADDED TOGETHER THE NUMBERS OF TEAMS CALLED ‘CITY’ THAT HAVE PLAYED IN THE ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE, THE LEAST NUMBER OF SHOTS REQUIRED TO WIN A SINGLE GAME IN TENNIS AND THE SHIRT NUMBER YOU’D ASSOCIATE WITH JONNY WILKINSON WHAT NUMBER SHOULD YOU HAVE? 24 (10+4+10)
15. WHAT IS THE LONGEST RIVER IN FRANCE? LOIRE
16. “AN UNEARTHLY CHILD” WAS THE TITLE OF THE FIRST EPISODE OF WHICH LONG-RUNNING TELEVISION SHOW? "DR WHO"
17. IN THE NAME OF THE CAR MANUFACTURER ‘MG’ WHAT DO THE INITIALS ‘MG’ STAND FOR? MORRIS GARAGES
18. WHO AM I? BORN IN BROOKLYN IN 1963, I WAS A HIGH SCHOOL STAR IN THREE SPORTS, TWO OF WHICH I PLAYED PROFESSIONALLY. A WINNER OF TWO OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALS, I MADE MY ACTING DEBUT IN A 1996 FILM BEFORE MY SPORTING RETIREMENT IN 2003. MICHAEL JORDAN
19. WHAT PART OF THE CHICKEN IS USED IN THE INDIAN DISH OF JADOH? BLOOD
20. TRUE OR FALSE – IN ANCIENT ROME THERE WAS A ROOM CALLED THE VOMITORIUM WHERE DINERS COULD MAKE THEMSELVES SICK BEFORE CONTINUING THEIR FEAST? FALSE
21. WHAT AREA, IN SQUARE MILES, DOES THE PEAK DISTRICT NATIONAL PARK COVER? 555 SQUARE MILES

Image Image Image

A close contest.....
JUS 8 (tiebreaker 2500)
BUZZIE 8 (2000)

01. NAME THE YEAR. THE MOODY BLUES DISBANDED, BON SCOTT BECAME THE NEW FRONTMAN OF AC/DC AND KISS RELEASED THEIR DEBUT ALBUM. 1974
02. IN TEN PIN BOWLING WHAT IS THE DISTANCE FROM THE FOUL LINE TO THE KINGPIN – 50, 60 OR 70 FEET? 60 FEET
03. THE FLAG OF THE VATICAN CITY HAS TWO BACKGROUND COLOURS WHITE AND WHAT OTHER COLOUR? YELLOW
04. PICTURE 1 GIVES A CRYPTIC CLUE TO WHICH FILMSTAR? JOHN WAYNE
05. WHAT PART OF THE PIG IS TRADITIONALLY USED TO MAKE SAVELOY SAUSAGES? BRAINS!!
06. WHICH TELEVISION PRESENTER HAS JUST BEEN NAMED “COUNTRY LIFE” MAGAZINE’S “GENTLEMAN OF THE YEAR”? DAVID DIMBLEBY
07. WHICH IS THE ONLY COUNTRY TO WIN THE EUROVISION SONG CONTEST FOR THREE CONSECUTIVE YEARS? IRELAND
08. WHO IS THE ONLY CURRENT MANAGER OF AN ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE CLUB TO HAVE WON THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE AS A PLAYER? PAUL LAMBERT
09. WHICH TOWN LIES CLOSEST TO THE BOTTOM OF BEN NEVIS? FORT WILLIAM
10. NAME THE PERSON IN PICTURE 2. ANGELINA JOLIE
11. WHAT WORD CAN GO BEFORE BED, CATCHER, KNIFE AND SAUCE TO FORM FOUR OTHER WORDS? OYSTER
12. NAME THE YEAR.BENTLEY MOTORS WAS FORMED, THE FIRST COMMERCIAL FLIGHT FROM THE UK TO PARIS TOOK PLACE AND YORKSHIRE WON THEIR TENTH CRICKET COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP. 1919
13. WITH WHICH MUSICAL INSTRUMENT DO YOU ASSOCIATE THE JAZZ MUSICIAN COUNT BASIE? [clor=red]PIANO[/color]
14. FROM WHAT WOOD ARE THE STICKS USED IN THE TRADITIONAL IRISH SPORT OF HURLING MADE? ASH
15. IN WHICH COUNTRY IS THE WORLD’S LONGEST SUSPENSION BRIDGE? JAPAN
16. FIRST SEEN IN 1992, ON WHICH BRITISH TELEVISION PROGRAMME DID THE ALIENS ZIG AND ZAG APPEAR? "THE BIG BREAKFAST"
17. THE DINGBAT IN PICTURE 3 REPRESENTS WHAT FIVE WORD PHRASE? JUST BETWEEN YOU AND ME
18. WHO AM I? BORN JOSEPH YULE Jr IN BROOKLYN IN 1920, I FIRST APPEARED IN VAUDEVILLE BEFORE MAKING MY ACTING DEBUT IN 1926. AFTER CHANGING MY NAME I BECAME A MAJOR STAR PRIOR TO SERVING IN WWII. I HAD MY FIRST TV SHOW IN 1954 AND CONTINUED TO WORK UP TO MY DEATH IN 2014. MICKEY ROONEY
19. IN A BID TO REDUCE INCIDENTS OF AIR RAGE WHAT IS MONARCH AIRLINES REMOVING FROM SELECTED FLIGHTS – ALCOHOL, CHILDREN OR RECLINING SEATS? RECLINING SEATS
20. SCIENTISTS IN THE USA HAVE FOUND A WAY TO TURN WHAT INTO DRINKING WATER SUITABLE FOR HERDS OF BEEF CATTLE? MANURE
21. IN WHAT YEAR WAS THE FIRST LICENCE ISSUED FOR THE SALE OF ALCOHOL AT THE TOP OF MOUNT SNOWDON? 1845

Image Image YOUJUSTME

Only Jus this week...
JUS 12 (tiebreaker 1954)

01. NAME THE YEAR. IAN DURY & THE BLOCKHEADS HAD THEIR ONLY No1 SINGLE, VAN HALEN RELESED THEIR DEBUT STUDIO ALBUM AND THE WHO PLAYED THEIR LAST SHOW WITH KEITH MOON. 1978
02. WHICH FORMER FOOTBALLER, NOW A MANAGER, WHO HAS NOT BEEN CAPPED BY HIS COUNTRY HAS THE MOST PREMIER LEAGUE WINNERS MEDALS? STEVE BRUCE
03. HOW MANY COUNTRIES ARE THERE IN GREAT BRITAIN? 3
04. IN THE TELEVISION SHOW “THUNDERBIRDS” WHAT WAS THE NICKNAME OF LADY PENELOPE’S SERVANT PARKER? NOSEY
05. WHAT CAN BE FALSE, FIXED OR FLOATING? RIBS
06. ENGLAND AND THE ALL BLACKS HAVE JUST COMPLETED A TEST SERIES FOR A CUP NAMED AFTER WHICH FAMOUS NEW ZEALANDER? SIR EDMUND HILARY
07. WHAT, ACCORDING TO IAN DURY & THE BLOCKHEADS” ARE “CHEDDAR CHEESE AND PICKLE, THE VINCENT MOTORSICKLE, SLAP AND TICKLE”? "REASONS TO BE CHEERFUL"
08. NAME THE PERSON SHOWN IN HIS YOUNGER DAYS IN PICTURE 1. GEORGE BEST
09. SYDNEY HARBOUR BRIDGE SHARES ITS’ NICKNAME WITH WHICH EVERYDAY HOUSEHOLD ITEM? COATHANGER
10. TRUE OR FALSE – THE “LONE RANGER” ACTOR ARMAND “ARMIE” HAMMER IS RELATED TO THE FOUNDER OF ARM & HAMMER TOOTHPASTE? FALSE
11. NAME THE CARTOON CHARACTER IN PICTURE 2. BANANAMAN
12. NAME THE YEAR. THE UK CEASED TRADING WITH RHODESIA, BILLIE JEAN KING AND MANUEL SANTANA WON THE WIMBLEDON SINGLES TITLES AND THE PRIME MINISTER DAVID CAMERON WAS BORN. 1966
13. PICTURE 3 GIVES A CRYPTIC CLUE TO WHICH GROUP AND WHICH OF THEIR SONGS? QUEEN and "RADIO GAGA"
14. WHAT IS UNUSUAL ABOUT THE 2014 F1 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP RACES IN BRAZIL, SINGAPORE AND TEXAS? THEY'RE RUN ON ANTI-CLOCKWISE CIRCUITS
15. NOW A TOURIST ATTRACTION, WHERE IS THE FORMER ROYAL YACHT BRITANNIA NOW MOORED? LEITH
16. WHICH ACTOR WENT FROM BEING A BAD COP IN HIS 1973 FILM DEBUT TO A GOOD COP IN A TV SERIES THAT FIRST AIRED IN 1975? DAVID SOUL
17. WHICH OF BRITAIN’S UNIVERSITIES HAS THE MOST STUDENTS? OPEN UNIVERSITY
18. WHO AM I? BORN IN HACKNEY IN 1947, I WAS WORKING AS A CIVIL SERVANT WHEN I HAD MY FIRST ATTEMPT AT BEING AN ENTREPRENEUR. I FORMED MY MY FIRST IMPORT-EXPORT COMPANY IN 1968. I WAS A FOOTBALL CHAIRMAN FOR TEN YEARS BEFORE MAKING MY TV DEBUT IN 2005. KNIGHTED IN 2000, I RECEIVED A LIFE PEERAGE IN 2009. ALAN SUGAR
19. TRUE OR FALSE – CADBURY’S PRODUCED A CHOCOLATE BAR FLAVOURED WITH MEAT EXTRACT CALLED “OXCHOLATE”? TRUE
20. HOW MANY BRICKS DOES IT TAKE TO COMPLETE AN AVERAGE SIX ROOMED HOUSE MADE OF BRICKS? ONE
21. IN WHAT YEAR WAS THE CHOCOLATE BAR “CRUNCHIE” FIRST SOLD IN THE UK? 1929

Image Image Image

Just Jus.....
JUS 10 (tiebreaker 1967)
Last edited by IAN B on Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#158251 by IAN B
Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:10 am
I must have mellowed on my holiday as I produced this quiz that got a winning score of 18/20 in The Railway - PM your answers.

01. NAME THE YEAR. BB KING BECAME THE FIRST BLUES MUSICIAN TO TOUR THE USSR, ISRAEL BECAME THE FIRST COUNTRY OUTSIDE EUROPE TO HOST THE EUROVISION SONG CONTEST AND BLONDIE HAD THEIR FIRST UK No1 SINGLE. 1979
02. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING HAS THE LONGEST REGUALTION PERIOD OF PLAY - FIELD HOCKEY, HURLING OR SHINTY? SHINTY at 90 minutes
03. HISTORICALLY WHAT IS THE CONNECTION BETWEEN AKEMAN STREET, ERMIN STREET AND WATLING STREET? ROMAN ROADS
04. AT THE BEINNING OF THE TELEVISION GAMESHOW "DEAL OR NO DEAL" HOW MANY NUMBERED BOXES ARE THERE? 22
05. PICTURE 1 GIVES A CRYPTIC CLUE TO THE NAME OF WHICH FAMOUS PERSON? NEIL ARMSTRONG
06. DEFENDING CHAMPION ANDY MURRAY OPENED THE 2014 WIMBLEDON TENNIS CHAMPIONSHIPS, BUT WHAT NATIONALITY WAS HIS FIRST OPPONENT? BELGIAN
07. BY WHAT NAME WAS THE BLUES MUSICIAN McKINLEY MORGANFIELD BETTER KNOWN? MUDDY WATERS
08. PICTURE 2 SHOWS THE BADGE OF WHICH BRITISH FOOTBALL CLUB? STIRLING ALBION - it's shows The Wallace Monument
09. THE AFRICAN NATION OF LESOTHO IS ENTIRELY SURROUNDED BY WHICH OTHER COUNTRY? SOUTH AFRICA
10. IN THE BOOK AND FILM "CHALIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY" WHAT IS CHARLIE'S SURNAME? BUCKET
11. MOTHER, FATHER, AUNT, UNCLE, SISTER, COUSIN - WHICH WORD DOESN'T BELONG WITH THE OTHERS IN THIS LIST AND WHY? COUSIN - all the rest are specific genders, cousin can be male or female
12. NAME THE YEAR. THE EEC WAS FOUNDED, THE CND PEACE SYMBOL WAS DESIGNED AND THE ACTRESSES MICHELLE PFEIFFER AND SHARON STONE WERE BOTH BORN. 1958
13. PICTURE 3 GIVES A CRYPTIC CLUE TO THE NAME OF WHICH BAND AND WHICH OF THEIR SONGS. ELECTRIC SIX and "GAY BAR"
14. HOW MANY GEARS DOES A SPEEDWAY BIKE HAVE? NONE
15. ROME'S INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT IS NAMED AFTER WHICH FAMOUS ITALIAN? LEONARDO DA VINCI
16. WHO IS THE ONLY WELSH BORN JAMES BOND? TIMOTHY DALTON
17. IN THE BOARDGAME "CLUEDO" WHICH ROOM IS LAST ALPHABETICALLY? STUDY
18. WHO AM I? BORN IN PRESTON IN 1977, I HAVE BEEN A PROFESSIONAL IN TWO SPORTS. I REPRESENTED MY COUNTRY AT UNDER 19 LEVEL BEFORE MAKING MY FULL DEBUT IN 1998. I WAS NATIONAL CAPTAIN IN 2006-2007 BEFORE MY RETIREMENT IN 2010. SINCE THEN I HAVE APPEARED ON TELEVISION IN QUIZ SHOWS, ADVERTS, ADVENTURE SHOWS AND AS A COMMENTATOR. ANDREW 'FREDDIE' FLINTOFF
19. WHY DID THE COUNCIL REMOVE BUNTING KNITTED TO CELEBRATE THE TOUR DE FRANCE IN THE NORTH YORKSHIRE VILLAGE OF MASHAM? THEY WERE TOO HEAVY WHEN WET AND MIGHT BEND THE LAMP POSTS
20. A NORWEGIAN PUNTER WON OVER £1800 AFTER BETTING THAT WHAT WOULD HAPPEN AT THE 2014 WORLD CUP? LUIS SUAREZ WOULD BITE SOMEONE
TIEBREAKER (nearest answer wins)
21. GREEK RUNNER YIANNIS KOUROS HOLDS THE RECORD FOR THE LONGEST DISTANCE RUN ON THE ROAD IN 24 HOURS, HOW FAR, IN KMS, DID HE RUN? 290.221kms

The only entry was .....
JUS 10 (tiebreaker 322kms)

ImageImage Image
Last edited by IAN B on Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

#158330 by IAN B
Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:02 am
Well I didn't think this was too difficult, but The Railway winner only got 12/20. On a day when Le Tour de France passed the pub it seemed only fair to include a couple of Tour questions - PM your nswers.

01. THE SPICE GIRLS HOLD THE RECORD FOR THE MOST UK No1 SINGLES BY AN ALL GIRL GROUP, BUT WHICH GROUP IS SECOND ON THE LIST? SUGABABES
02. IN TOTAL HOW MANY BRITISH BORN RIDERS HAVE WON THE TOUR DE FRANCE? NONE
03. ON 17 DECEMBER 2006 THE SPANISH AIRLINE IBERIA BEGAN FLIGHTS FROM MADRID TO WHICH NEW DESTINATION? GIBRALTAR
04. NAME THE MR MEN CHARACTER IN PICTURE 1. MR PERFECT
05. CONTRARY TO POPULAR BELIEF A BRIDE DOES NOT WALK DOWN THE AISLE, WHAT DOES SHE WALK DOWN? THE NAVE
06. JOHN TRAVOLTA AND OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN’S SONGS ARE MOST REMEMBERED, BUT WHO SANG THE THEME SONG TO THE FILM “GREASE”? FRANKIE VALLI
07. PICTURE 2 SHOWS THE BADGE OF WHICH BRITISH FOOTBALL CLUB? MANSFIELD TOWN
08. IN WHICH COUNTRY WAS THE TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMPANY NOKIA FOUNDED? FINLAND
09. FROM 1994-2006 WHAT WAS THE NAME OF THE BUTCHER IN “CORONATION STREET”? FRED ELLIOTT
10. WHAT IS THE FIRST LETTER OF THE RUSSIAN ALPHABET? A
11. NAME THE SINGER SHOWN IN THEIR YOUNGER DAYS IN PICTURE 3. TINA TURNER
12. WHICH IS THE ONLY COUNTRY TO HAVE LOST IN THREE RUGBY UNION WORLD CUP FINALS? FRANCE
13. WEST YORKSHIRE CONSISTS OF THREE METROPOLITAN BOROUGHS – LEEDS, BRADFORD, WAKEFIELD, NAME ONE OF THE OTHER TWO. CALDERDALE and KIRKLEES
14. IN 2001 WHICH COMEDY DUO STARRED IN THE REMAKE OF THE TELEVISION SHOW “RANDALL AND HOPKIRK DECEASED”? REEVES & MORTIMER
15. PICTURE 4 SHOWS THE LOGO OF WHAT? CAPTAIN MORGAN RUM
16. WHAT TWO WORD NAME IS GIVEN TO THE LEADING FEMALE SINGER IN AN OPERA COMPANY? PRIMA DONNA
17. IN THE SUMMER OLYMPIC GAMES IN WHICH SPORT IS THE EVENT THAT COVERS THE LONGEST DISTANCE? MEN'S CYCLING ROAD RACE
18. WHAT IS CAPITAL CITY OF THAILAND? BANGKOK
19. WHERE DOES BBC RADIO WM BROADCAST FROM? BIRMINGHAM
20. THE FIRST TRAFFIC LIGHTS WERE A GAS POWERED SET INSTALLED NEAR THE HOUSES OF PARLIAMENT, WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM LESS THAN A YEAR AFTER THEY WERE INSTALLED? THEY EXPLODED!!
21. WHAT IS THE BIGGEST EVER WINNING TIME MARGIN IN THE TOUR DE FRANCE? 2 HOURS 49 MINUTES 45 SECONDS

Image Image
Image Image

Another win for Jus ....
JUS 10 (tiebreaker 57 SECONDS)