• Topic Title

• Topic description
Challenge fellow quizzers by posting your favourite questions and quizzes here.

Moderators: playgirl, JUS, rodbox

#134060 by IAN B
Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:30 am
01. NAME THE YEAR. THE COMMUNARDS HAD THEIR FIRST UK No1 SINGLE, FIVE STAR HAD THEIR ONLY UK No1
ALBUM AND DIRE STRAITS WON BEST BRITISH GROUP AT THE BRIT AWARDS. 1986
02. WHAT TWO CREATURES MIGHT YOU FIND ON A SNOOKER TABLE? SPIDER and SWAN - admit it, who thought one of them was Parrot?
03. TALLAHASSEE IS THE STATE CAPITAL OF WHICH US STATE? FLORIDA
04. ACCORDING TO POPULAR LEGEND A TORNADO STRUCK THE STATE OF KANSAS ON 22nd JUNE 1969, THE DAY WHICH FILM STAR DIED? JUDY GARLAND
05. WHO OR WHAT IS A STRAWBERRY NORMAN? APPLE
06. TOMORROW IS THE START OF THE CHINESE NEW YEAR, IT IS THE YEAR OF WHAT CREATURE? DRAGON
07. WHICH SINGER AND MUSICIAN LEFT A FAMOUS BAND AND FORMED HIGH FLYING BIRDS? NOEL GALLAGHER
08. PICTURE 1 SHOWS THE BADGE OF WHICH FOOTBALL CLUB? BLACKBURN ROVERS
09. BY WHAT NAME, STILL COMMONLY USED, WAS HMP MANCHESTER FORMERLY KNOWN? STRANGEWAYS
10. WHAT HAS RECENTLY BEEN ADDED TO THE TITLE SEQUENCE OF THE TV SHOW “EASTENDERSâ€Â￾? OLYMPIC STADIUM & PARK
11. IN COCKNEY SLANG IF YOU WENT OUT WITH A ‘COMMODORE’, SPENT A ‘LADY GODIVA’ AND COLLECTED THE ‘PONY’ THAT SOMEONE OWED YOU HOW MUCH MONEY WOULD YOU HAVE? £35 (£15-£5+£25)
12. NAME THE YEAR. THE FIRST COMPUTER VIRUS STARTED TO SPREAD, PIXAR STUDIOS OPENED AND THE “BILLY ELLIOTTâ€Â￾ ACTOR JAMIE BELL WAS BORN. 1986
13. PICTURE 2 SHOWS A CARICATURE OF WHICH BAND? IRON MAIDEN
14. WHAT WILL BE THE FIRST SPORT TO BE PLAYED AT THE LONDON 2012 OLYMPIC GAMES? FOOTBALL
15. THE CADBURY BROTHERS BUILT A TOWN TO HOUSE THE WORKERS AT THEIR CHOCOLATE FACTORY, WHAT IS IT CALLED? BOURNEVILLE
16. WITH WHICH FILM WOULD YOU ASSOCIATE THE LOCATION IN PICTURE 3? "WHEN HARRY MET SALLY"
17. ACCORDING TO THE NEW AD CAMPAIGN THE BEE GEES’ SONG “STAYIN’ ALIVEâ€Â￾ PROVIDES THE CORRECT RHYTHM FOR CPR, BUT WHICH SONG DID IT REPLACE? "NELLY THE ELEPHANT"
18. WHO AM I? BORN IN BRITISH COLUMBIA IN 1975, I WORKED AS A COMMERCIAL FISHERMAN DURING MY TEENS, BEGINNING AN AMATEUR SINGING CAREER AT 16. MY BIG BREAK CAME WITH A 2000 RECORDING CONTRACT. THE WINNER OF THREE GRAMMY AWARDS, I WAS ALSO BRIT NOMINATED IN 2008 AND 2010. MICHAEL BUBLE
19. DURING 2011 MORECAMBE FC WAS VOTED AS HAVING THE BEST WHAT IN THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE – MASCOT, PIES, PROGRAMME OR TOILETS? PIES
20. A NEW ZEALAND LOBBY GROUP IS CAMPAIGNING FOR WHAT TO BE INCLUDED IN THE OLYMPIC GAMES AS A DEMONSTRATION SPORT? SHEEP SHAG....sorry, SHEARING
TIE BREAKER (nearest answer wins)
21. IN WHAT YEAR WAS BATH RUGBY UNION CLUB FORMED? 1865

Image Image Image

And the scores were.....
QUIZMASTER 8 1/2 (tiebreaker -)
And the winner.....
BUZZIE 13 (1895)

#134297 by IAN B
Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:28 am
Thought I'd try something different this week so I ressurected my old "Blockbusters" quiz and obviously made it too easy as two teams got 20/20 - PM your answers
01. TBONTB
THAT IS THE QUESTION.
TO BE OR NOT TO BE
02. TF
WHERE THE ORANGE GREYHOUND STARTS A RACE.
TRAP FIVE
03. TOB
FAMOUS BUILDING ON THE SITE OF LONDON’S NEWGATE GAOL.
THE OLD BAILEY
04. LG
ALTERNATIVE NAME FOR NITROUS OXIDE.
LAUGHING GAS
05. WOTA
STELLA ENGLISH, LEE McQUEEN, TIM CAMPBELL AND TOM PELLEREAU.
WINNERS OF THE APPRENTICE
06. ANATO
QUEEN’S FAVOURITE MARX BROTHERS FILM.
A NIGHT AT THE OPERA
07. WOMD
WHAT HANS BLIX WAS LOOKING FOR IN 2002.
WEAPONS OF MASS DESTUCTION
08. THB
DAVE MYERS AND SIMON KING.
THE HAIRY BIKERS
09. DL
THE 1989 WINNER OF THE NOBEL PEACE PRIZE.
DALAI LAMA
10. GGM
PETER SELLARS No4 HIT IN 1960 AND A BBC RADIO AND TV COMEDY SHOW.
GOODNESS GRACIOUS ME
11. BE
LIAM GALLAGHER MIGHT KEEP HIS ON YOU.
BEADY EYE
12. TFAS
THE HOME ADDRESS OF DOT BRANNING.
25 ALBERT SQUARE
13. HGP
VENUE FOR THE 2012 OLYMPIC BEACH VOLLEYBALL COMPETITION.
HORSE GUARDS' PARADE
14. FTS
NICKNAME OF FORMER BANKER SIR FRED GOODWIN.
FRED THE SHED
15. SLC
REIGNING WORLD SERIES CHAMIPONS.
ST LOUIS CARDINALS
16. SOTR
WHERE “SKIES ARE BLUEâ€Â￾.
SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW
17. WS
THE SHORTEST DAY OF THE YEAR.
WINTER SOLSTICE
18. MFN
WHAT DIRE STRAITS WANTED IN 1985.
MONEY FOR NOTHING
19. BR
THEY PLAY THEIR HOME GAMES AT THE M&T BANK STADIUM.
BALTIMORE RAVENS
20. WAISAD
COMMON CLICHE AND THE TITLE OF A 1981 ABBA SONG.
WHEN ALL IS SAID AND DONE
21. IN WHAT YEAR WAS THE BUILDING IN Q3 OFFICIALLY OPENED? 1907

The scores on the doors were.....
QUIZMASTER 11 (tiebreaker 1907)
ROB_BOB 17 (1667)
BUZZIE 17 (1768)
JUS 18 (1923)
And the winner (who would have had 20/20 if he hadn't put Fred the Shed (who is Sir Fred Goodwin's gardener :wink:).....
STEVIE C 19 (1900)

#134789 by IAN B
Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:12 pm
Okay so I've been slacking, as a result there's two quizzes for you this week - PM your answers

01. NAME THE YEAR. U2 HAD THEIR FIRST UK No1 SINGLE, TRACY CHAPMAN HAD HER FIRST UK No1 ALBUM AND MICHAEL JACKSON BECAME THE FIRST PERSON TO HAVE FOUR No1 SINGLES FROM ONE ALBUM. 1988
02. IF YOU ADDED TOGETHER DAVID BECKHAM’S SHIRT NUMBERS WHEN HE LEFT MANCHESTER UNITED, HIS NUMBER AT REAL MADRID AND HIS NUMBER AT LA GALAXY WHAT NUMBER SHOULD YOU HAVE? 53 (7+23+23)
03. THE CASTLE IN PICTURE 1 PROVIDED THE INSPIRATION FOR THE CASTLE AT DISNEY’S MAGIC KINGDOM, BUT IN WHICH COUNTRY IS THIS CASTLE? GERMANY (Neuschwanstein)
04. THE AMERICAN VERSION OF WHICH TELEVISION SHOW IS SET IN THE CITY OF SCRANTON, PENNSYLVANIA? "THE OFFICE"
05. WHAT NAME LINKS A SHAKESPEAREAN CHARACTER, A 19th CENTURY POET AND A MAKE OF JET AIRCRAFT? LEAR
06. WHICH FAMOUS BRITISH LANDMARK IS TO BECOME THE FIRST MAN-MADE STRUCTURE TO RECEIVE A GOLD BLUE PETER BADGE? THE FORTH RAIL BRIDGE
07. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING SINGERS HAD A UK No1 ALBUM FIRST – PETER ANDRE, GARY BARLOW OR ROBBIE WILLIAMS? PETER ANDRE
08. WHAT COULD BE CATEGORISED AS GREEN CIRCLE, RED RECTANGLE, BLUE SQUARE, BLACK DIAMOND OR DOUBLE BLACK DIAMOND? SKI SLOPES
09. WHICH LONDON DISTRICT WOULD YOU MOST ASSOCIATE JACK THE RIPPER? WHITECHAPEL
10. WITH WHICH FILM CHARACTER DO YOU ASSOCIATE THE ACTRESSES NAOMI WATTS, JESSICA LANGE AND FAY WRAY? KING KONG
11. THE LARGEST BREED OF TERRIER IS NAMED AFTER A PLACE IN YORKSHIRE, WHAT IS IT CALLED? AIREDALE
12. NAME THE YEAR. DWIGHT EISENHOWER GAVE HIS FINAL SPEECH AS US PRESIDENT, ELIZABETH TAYLOR WON HER FIRST BEST ACTRESS OSCAR AND THE BERLIN WALL WAS BUILT. 1961
13. PICTURE 2 SHOWS A CARICATURE OF WHICH SINGER? VAN MORRISON
14. IN WHICH SPORT ARE THERE CATEGORIES CALLED FREESTYLE AND GRECO-ROMAN? WRESTLING
15. THERE ARE SIX BRITISH CITIES WHOSE NAMES BEGIN WITH ‘W’, NAME ANY FOUR OF THEM. WAKEFIELD, WELLS, WESTMINSTER, WINCHESTER, WOVERHAMPTON and WORCESTER
16. BETWEEN 1990 AND 2000 WHO WAS THE PRESENTER OF THE TELEVISION SHOW “MASTERCHEFâ€Â￾? LOYD GROSSMAN 17. THE DINGBAT IN PICTURE 3 REPRESENTS WHICH TWO WORD PHRASE? FOR HIGHER
18. WHO AM I? BORN IN NEW YORK CITY IN 1927, I WAS REJECTED FOR MILITARY SERVICE BECAUSE OF A GLASS EYE. A SPELL IN AMATEUR DRAMATICS LED TO ME MAKING MY TV DEBUT IN 1958 AND MY FILM DEBUT A YEAR LATER. MY BEST KNOWN CHARACTER FIRST APPEARED IN 1968 PRIOR TO A SEVEN YEAR TELEVISION CAREER. I DIED IN 2011. PETER FALK
19. IN 2009 OVER 1600 NEW YORKERS WERE GIVEN HOSPITAL TREATMENT AFTER BEING BITTEN BY WHAT? OTHER PEOPLE
20. TRUE OR FALSE – ASTRONAUTS ARE BANNED FROM EATING BEANS BEFORE A SPACE FLIGHT AS GASES CAN DAMAGE THE INSIDE OF SPACE SUITS? FALSE
21. HOW MANY BUFFALO DID THE FAMOUS WILD WEST PIONEER AND HUNTER BUFFALO BILL KILL? 0 - but he did kill quite a few bison!!

Image Image Image

And the scores.....
JUS 10 (tiebreaker 2500)
QUIZMASTER 11 (3482)
BUZZIE 15 (5)

01. NAME THE YEAR. THE WHO RELEASED THE “TOMMYâ€Â￾ ALBUM, CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL HAD THEIR ONLY UK No1 SINGLE AND LULU TOOK PART IN THE EUROVISION SONG CONTEST. 1969
02. IF YOU ADDED TOGETHER THE NUMBER OF RINGS ON THE OLYMPIC FLAG, THE HIGHEST POSSIBLE THREE DART FINISH AND THE NUMBER OF TIMES NIGEL MANSELL WAS F1 WORLD CHAMPION WHAT NUMBER SHOULD YOU HAVE? 176 (5+170+1)
03. NAME THE CITY SHOWN IN PICTURE 3. NOTTINGHAM
04. THE LONGEST RUNNING TELEVISION CURRENT AFFAIRS PROGRAMME IN THE WORLD IS BRITISH, WHAT IS IT CALLED? "PANORAMA"
05. BEFORE QUEEN VICTORIA WHO WAS THE LAST ENGLISH MONARCH NOT TO HAVE A NUMBER AFTER THEIR NAME? ANNE - Mary was a Queen Consort, not a monarch
06. HARRY REDKNAPP ALLEGEDLY NAMED HIS OFFSHORE BANK ACCOUNT AFTER HIS DOG, WHAT IS THE DOG’S NAME? ROSIE
07. PICTURE 2 GIVES A CRYPTIC CLUE TO THE NAME OF WHICH BAND? TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB
08. NAME THREE OF THE FOUR PREMIERSHIP FOOTBALL CLUBS WHO HAVE BIRD NICKNAMES. NEWCASTLE UNITED, NORWICH CITY, SWANSEA CITY and WBA
09. WHICH BRITISH ISLAND WOULD YOU VISIT TO SEE BEAUMARIS CASTLE? ANGLESEY
10. BEFORE STARRING IN “THE ROYLE FAMILYâ€Â￾ THE ACTORS RICKY TOMLINSON AND SUE JOHNSTON PLAYED WHICH OTHER MARRIED COUPLE?BOBBY and SHEILA GRANT in "Brookside"
11. IF YOU MIXED TOGETHER CINNAMON, FENNEL SEEDS, SZECHUAN PEPPER, CLOVES AND STAR ANISE WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE? CHINESE FIVE SPICE
12. NAME THE YEAR.THE BLUE £5 NOTE WAS INTRODUCED, ELVIS PRESLEY BOUGHT THE GRACELAND ESTATE AND THE FIVE-TIME WORLD DARTS CHAMPION ERIC BRISTOW WAS BORN. 1957
13. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING MUSIC LEGENDS HAS NOT WON AN OSCAR – BONO, PHIL COLLINS, ELTON JOHN, JOHN LENNON OR STEVIE WONDER? BONO
14. WHICH SPORT WILL BE MAKING ITS’ OLYMPIC DEBUT AT THE 2012 LONDON OLYMPICS? WOMEN'S BOXING
15. A CAR BEARING THE INTERNATIONAL REGISTRATION LETTER ‘P’ WOULD ORIGINATE IN WHICH COUNTRY? PORTUGAL
16. NAME THE HOLLYWOOD STAR SHOWN IN HIS YOUNGER DAYS IN PICTURE 3. JOHN TRAVOLTA
17. WHAT NAME LINKS A CLIFF RICHARD SONG, A STEPHEN KING NOVEL AND A STAR OF THE “STAR WARSâ€Â￾ FILMS? CARRIE
18. WHO AM I? BORN IN LIMASSOL IN 1959, I MOVED TO THE UK IN 1968. I FORMED MY FIRST COMPANY AGED 23, MAKING MONEY IN AREAS AS DIVERSE AS STATIONERY, FOOTBALL AND LINGERIE. I MADE MY TELEVISION DEBUT IN 2000, BEFORE BECOMING A REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR TO A PROGRAMME IN 2005. THEO PAPHITIS
19. TRUE OR FALSE – AFTER THE WORLD BOOMERANG CHAMPIONSHIPS BEGAN IN 1981 AUSTRALIA WON TWELVE TIMES IN THE FIRST THIRTEEN YEARS? FALSE - the USA did
20. BAKER CHARLIE BINGHAM HAS CREATED A SPECIAL PIE FOR VALENTINE’ DAY USING WHAT MAIN INGREDIENT? BULLS' TESTICLES
21. IN WHAT YEAR WAS ST VALENTINE’S DAY FIRST MENTIONED AS RELATING TO ROMANCE? 1382 by Geoffrey Chaucer

Image Image Image

And the scores.....
JUS 8 (tie breaker 1821)
QUIZMASTER 8 (1571)
BUZZIE 10 (1898)

#135241 by IAN B
Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:23 pm
Another offering from The Railway's resident QM - PM your answers

01. NAME THE YEAR.WHITNEY HOUSTON HAD HER FIRST UK No1 SINGLE, BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN’S “BORN IN THE USAâ€Â￾ TOPPED THE UK ALBUM CHARTS TWICE AND THE MUSICAL “LES MISERABLESâ€Â￾ MADE ITS’ WEST END DEBUT. 1985
02. NAME THE STADIUM SHOWN IN PICTURE 1. LONDON OLYMPIC STADIUM
03. THE NAME OF WHICH COUNTRY, WHEN TRANSLATED FROM ITS’ NATIVE LANGUAGE, MEANS ‘RICH HARBOUR’? PUERTO RICO
04. BY WHAT TITLE ARE THE FILM CHARACTERS LLOYD CHRISTMAS AND HARRY DUNNE ALSO KNOWN? DUMB & DUMBER
05. WHAT TYPE OF FISH IS USED TO MAKE KIPPERS? HERRING
06. WHICH HOLLYWOOD ACTOR CAUSED CONTROVERSY THIS WEEK WITH THEIR COMMENTS ABOUT BRITAIN’S SOVEREIGNTY OF THE FALKLAND ISLANDS? SEAN PENN
07. WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE INDIAN GUITAR-LIKE INSTRUMENT MADE POPULAR BY RAVI SHANKAR? SITAR
08. WHAT LINKS THE NICKNAMES OF THE FOLLOWING FOOTBALL CLUBS – MACCLESFIELD TOWN, NORTHAMPTON TOWN, WALSALL AND YEOVIL TOWN? LOCAL TRADES/INDUSTRIES
09. NAME THE COUNTY HIGHLIGHTED IN PICTURE 2. HERTFORDSHIRE
10. IN THE TELEVISION SHOW “ARE YOU BEING SERVED?â€Â￾ WHAT WAS THE NAME OF MRS SLOCOMBE’S PUSSY? TIDDLES
11. IF YOU WERE STOOD ON ASHIP FACING THE BOW ON WHICH SIDE WOULD STARBOARD BE? RIGHT
12. NAME THE YEAR. FRANCE CLOSED ITS’ LAST COAL MINE, JANET JACKSON SUFFERED A ‘WARDROBE MALFUNCTION’ AT THE SUPERBOWL AND THE TELEVISION SHOW “LOSTâ€Â￾ MADE ITS’ TV DEBUT. 2004
13. WHICH SINGER, WHO HAS HAD No1 SINGLES AS A SOLO ARTIST, HAS ALSO FEATURED ON TOP TEN HITS WITH RICKY MARTIN, P DIDDY, NELLY AND MAROON 5? CHRISTINA AGUILERA
14. IN AN OLYMPIC STEEEPLECHASE HOW MANY TIMES DOES THE WINNER JUMP THE WATER JUMP? 7
15. ONLY ONE US STATE SHARES BORDERS WITH EIGHT OTHER STATES, THOSE BEING ALABAMA, ARKANSAS, GEORGIA, KENTUCKY, MISSISSIPPI, MISSOURI, NORTH CAROLINA AND WEST VIRGINIA. WHICH STATE IS IT? TENNESSEE
16. WITH WHICH TELEVISION SHOW WOULD YOU ASSOCIATE THE VEHICLE IN PICTURE 3? "THE PARTRIDGE FAMILY"
17. WHAT ANIMAL/CREATURE CAUSES THE MOST HUMAN DEATHS? MOSQUITO (specifically the female one)
18. WHO AM I? BORN CHRISTOPHER DAVISON IN ARGENTINA IN 1948, I AM OF ANGLO-IRISH DESCENT. I SIGNED MY FIRST RECORD DEAL IN 1974, RELEASING MY MOST SUCCESSFUL SINGLE TWELVE YEARS LATER. THE FATHER OF A MISS WORLD WINNER, I AM NOW A POPULAR PERFORMER IN LEBANON. CHRIS DE BURGH
19. IN 2001 THE M,ONSTER RAVING LOONY PARTY PROPOSED FREE TUITION FOR ALL STUDENTS CALLED WHAT? GRANT
20. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING JOBS HAS NOT BEEN ADVERTISED BY TOP LONDON HOTELS – BEDTIME STORYTELLER, BEDWARMER, COCONUT SAFETY ENGINEER OR PERSONAL TOILET ATTENDANT? PERSONAL TOILET ATTENDANT
21. IF YOU HAD SIX RED EIGHT-STUDDED LEGO PIECES HOW MANY POSSIBLE COMBINATIONS WOULD THERE BE FOR CONNECTING THEM? 102981500

Image Image Image

Four entries this week with the following scores.....
QUIZMASTER 8 (tiebreaker -)
STEVIE C 11 (100000)
JUS 14 (481890304)
And making a welcome and winning return.....
BIGAL 15 (-)

#135669 by IAN B
Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:47 am
Here's my latest offering, which was won with a score of 14 in The Railway - PM your answers

01. NAME THE YEAR. BEN E KING LEFT THE DRIFTERS TO PURSUE A SOLO CAREER, THE SONG “ITSY BITSY TEENIE WEENIE YELLOW POLKA DOT BIKINIâ€Â￾ WAS FIRST RELEASED AND THE MUSICAL “OLIVERâ€Â￾ MADE ITS’ WEST END DEBUT. 1960
02. NAME ANY THREE OF THE TOP FIVE BLACK FOOTBALLERS WHO HAVE WON THE MOST FULL ENGLAND CAPS. ASHLEY COLE, RIO FERDINAND, JOHN BARNES, SOL CAMPBELL and :shock: EMILE HESKEY
03. WHERE AM I? ONE OF THE 27 REGIONS OF FRANCE, IT HAS A POPULATION OF APPROX 300000 AND ITS’ CAPITAL IS AJACCIO. IT IS FAMOUS AS THE BIRTH PLACE OF NAPOLEON BONAPARTE. CORSICA
04. WHICH TELEVISION SHOW HAS BEEN RUNNING THE LONGEST – “BLUE PETERâ€Â￾ OR “DR WHOâ€Â￾? "BLUE PETER"
05. USED BY POLICE FORCES WHAT DOES THE ACRONYM ‘ANPR’ STAND FOR? AUTOMATIC NUMBER PLATE RECOGNITION
06. WHICH NATIONAL DAILY NEWSPAPER HAS THIS WEEK PUBLISHED ITS’ FIRST EVER SUNDAY EDITION? "THE SUN"
07. PICTURE 1 SHOWS A CARICATURE OF WHO? JENNIFER LOPEZ
08. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING SPORTS CAN USE THE HEAVIEST BALL - HANDBALL, NETBALL, VOLLEYBALL OR WATER POLO? HANDBALL, which can weigh up to 475gms
09. NAME THE CITY SHOWN IN PICTURE 2. COVENTRY
10. WHAT IS THE SURNAME OF THE BROTHERS JOHN AND EDWARD WHO MAKE UP THE DUO JEDWARD? GRIMES
11. IN THE UK IT’S 999, IN THE USA IT’S 911, BUT WHAT IS THE EMERGENCY SERVICES NUMBER IN EUROPEAN UNION COUNTRIES? 112
12. NAME THE YEAR. THE RUSSIAN SECRET POLICE, THE KGB, WAS DISSOLVED, TANGO MAN MADE HIS ADVERTISING DEBUT AND THE TELEVISION GAME SHOW “BIG BREAKâ€Â￾ WAS FIRST SHOWN. 1991
13. BEST KNOWN FOR THE 1962 TRACK “STRANGER ON THE SHOREâ€Â￾ WITH WHICH INSTRUMENT WOULD YOU ASSOCIATE THE JAZZ MUSCIAN ACKER BILK? CLARINET
14. IF YOU ADDED TOGETHER THE NUMBER MOST ASSOCIATED WITH BARRY SHEENE, THE NUMBER OF PLAYERS IN A HANDBALL TEAM AND THE NUMBEROF POINTS FOR A CONVERTED TRY IN RUGBY UNION WHAT NUMBER SHOULD YOU HAVE? 21 (3x7)
15. THERE ARE FOUR EUROPEAN COUNTRIES WHOS’ NAMES BEGIN WITH THE LETTER ‘B’, NAME ANY THREE OF THEM. BELARUS, BELGIUM, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA and BULGARIA
16. WITH WHICH FILM WOULD YOU ASSOCIATE THE BUILDING IN PICTURE 3? "ROCKY" (it has a famous flight of steps in front of it)
17. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING IS NOT A VEGETABLE – ASPARAGUS, CELERY, PUMPKIN OR RHUBARB? PUMPKIN
18. WHO AM I? BORN IN ISLINGTON IN 1958, I MADE MY ACTING DEBUT IN THE 1976 FILM “BUGSY MALONEâ€Â￾, BUT IT WAS A CULT 1979 FILM THAT GAVE ME MY BIG BREAK. ALSO A MUSICIAN, I APPEARED ON A 1994 TOP TEN HIT AND, DESPITE REGULAR RSC APPEARANCES, I ACTED IN A TV SOAP OPERA FROM 2006. Of "Quadrophenia", "Park Life" and "Eastenders" fame, PHIL DANIELS
19. WHAT LINKS CORRIE ACTRSS WENDI PETERS, FOOTBALLER DARREN AMBROSE, RAPPER JA RULE AND SERIAL KILLER AILEEN WUORNOS? THEY ARE ALL LEAPLINGS/BORN ON 29th FEBRUARY
20. POLICE IN NORWICH ARE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR A GANG OF POACHERS AFTER AN ATTEMPT TO STEAL WHAT? A RHINOCEROS (actually its' head from the local museum)
21. AUSTRALIAN CHEF ANDY WROBEL HAS JUST SET A WORLD RECORD FOR THE TALLEST STACK OF PANCAKES, HOW TALL WAS IT? 76cms

Image Image Image Image

THis week's scores were.....
JUS 6 (tiebreaker 15 feet)
BUZZIE 11 (2.5 metres)
And the clear winner.....
BIGAL 17 (2 feet)
Last edited by IAN B on Mon May 28, 2012 8:34 am, edited 9 times in total.

#135954 by IAN B
Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:02 am
Something a little different this week, this is called the Trivia Trail (and my regulars hated it!!). The answer to a question will always begin with the last letter of the previous answer (so if you don't get Q1 correct you're screwed!!) - PM your answers

01. WHICH COMEDIAN USED THE CATCHPHRASE “YOU ARE AWFUL, BUT I LIKE YOUâ€Â￾? DICK EMERY
02. WHICH 60s BAND’S NAME WAS INSPIRED BY THE FAMOUS JAZZ MUSICIAN CHARLIE PARKER? YARDBIRDS
03. WHICH SPORTS TEAM PLAY THEIR HOME GAMES AT THE DOUBLETREE STADIUM? STIRLING ALBION
04. WHAT RELATION IS THE ACTOR NICOLAS CAGE TO THE FILM DIRECTOR FRANCIS FORD COPPOLA? NEPHEW
05. WHICH DORSET RESORT WILL BE THE HOME OF THE 2012 OLYMPIC SAILING COMPETITION? WEYMOUTHH
06. WHAT TYPE OF BEAN IS USED TO MAKE BAKED BEANS? HARICOT
07. WHICH WARNER BROTHERS CHARACTER HAS THE LATIN NAME SARCOPHILUS HARRISII? TAZ
08. WHAT NAME LINKS A LIGHT WESTERLY WIND WITH A FORD CAR FIRST MADE IN 1950? ZEPHYR
09. WHAT NAME LINKS A BRITISH WADING BIRD AND A DECORATIVE COLLAR POPULAR IN THE 16th-17th CENTURIES? RUFF
10. WHAT IS PRINCE WILLIAM’S CURRENT RANK IN THE ROYAL AIR FORCE? FLIGHT LIEUTENANT
11. WHAT TYPE OF BOOK WOULD YOU MOST ASSOCIATE WITH PETER MARK ROGET? THESAURUS
12. WHICH ALCOHOLIC CORDIAL WAS TRADITIONALLY USED AS A MIXTURE FOR RUM, PARTICULARLY BY SMUGGLERS? SHRUB
13. WHAT COLOUR IS THE RING IN THE CENTRE OF THE TOP ROW OF THE OFFICIAL FLAG OF THE OLYMPIC GAMES? BLACK
14. WHAT STAGE SURNAME IS USED BY THE ENTERTAINERS IAN AND JEANETTE TOUGH? KRANKIE
15. WHAT WAS THE NAME OF THE LEGENDARY SWORD ASSOCIATED WITH KING ARTHUR? EXCALIBUR
16. WHAT NAME LINKS THE STATE CAPITAL OF WEST VIRGINIA, A TOWN IN GREATER LONDON AND A DISTRICT OF SHEFFIELD? RICHMOND
17. WHAT WAS THE NAME OF THE GANG WHO WERE CENTRAL CHARACTERS IN THE FILM “A CLOCKWORK ORANGEâ€Â￾? DROOGS
18. WHAT NAME IS GIVEN TO A BABY OR YOUNG PIGEON? SQUAB
19. IN WHICH HERTFORDSHIRE TOWN IS THE CURRENT “BIG BROTHERâ€Â￾ HOUSE LOCATED? BOREHAMWOOD
20. WHAT NAME LINKS THE COUNTY TOWN OF DORSET, A TYPE OF ARMOUR USED ON TANKS AND A PARK LANE HOTEL? DORCHESTER
21. IN WHAT YEAR WAS THE SPORTS TEAM IN Q3 FOUNDED? 1945

And the scores were.....
STEVIE C 13 (tiebreaker 1890)
JUS 17 (1845)
And it's a hat trick of wins for.....
BIGAL 20 (1946)

#136537 by IAN B
Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:15 pm
Now that my office has a new roof and I've relocated the computer under all the muck, I've two quizzes for you (apologies for Q9, even a good proportion of my regulars got this one wrong) - PM your answers

01. NAME THE YEAR. CHUMBAWAMBA HAD THEIR BIGGEST UK HIT WITH “TUBTHUMPINGâ€Â￾, HANSON RELEASED THEIR DEBUT SINGLE “MMMBOPâ€Â￾ AND PAUL McCARTNEY WAS KNIGHTED. 1997
02. THE ACTOR HUGH LAURIE HAS COMPETED IN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING SPORTING EVENTS – THE ISLE OF MAN TT RACES, THE LE MANS 24 HOUR RACE, THE LONDON MARATHON OR THE UNIVERSITY BOAT RACE? THE BOAT RACE
03. IF YOU TRAVELLED DUE EAST FROM ROME WHICH IS THE NEXT COUNTRY THAT YOU WOULD REACH? ALBANIA
04. THE TITLE OF THE TELEVISION SHOW “ROOM 101â€Â￾ WAS TAKEN FROM WHICH FAMOUS BOOK? "1984"
05. IN THE BOARD GAME “CLUEDOâ€Â￾ WHICH ROOM CAN BE REACHED BY A SECRET PASSAGE FROM THE STUDY? KITCHEN
06. WHO RECENTLY BEAT THE WORLD’S FASTEST MAN USAIN BOLT IN A HEAD-TO-HEAD SPRINT? PRINCE HARRY
07. WHICH OF THE SPICE GIRLS ONCE APPEARED IN THE TELEVISION ADVERTS FOR MILKY BARS? EMMA BUNTON aka BABY SPICE
08. WITH WHICH CITY WOULD YOU ASSOCIATE THE SPORTS TEAMS WHOS’ BADGES ARE SHOWN IN PICTURE 1? PLYMOUTH - Albion RUFC, Argyle FC, Devils speedway and Raiders basketball
09. WHERE IN SHEFFIELD WOULD YOU SEE “THE CUTTING EDGEâ€Â￾? IT'S A STEEL STATUE OUTSIDE THE MIDLAND RAILWAY STATION
10. NAME ANY THREE OF THE FOUR STARS OF THE TELEVISION COMEDY SHOW “NOT THE NINE O’CLOCK NEWSâ€Â￾. ROWAN ATKINSON, GRIFF RHYS JONES, MEL SMITH and PAMELA STEPHENSON
11. WHAT IS SAMBO – A BRAZILIAN DANCE, A PORTUGUESE FISH DISH, A RUSSIAN MARTIAL ART OR A SWEDISH MODERN ART GALLERY? A RUSSIAN MARTIAL ART
12. NAME THE YEAR. THE FIRST SNOOZE ALARM CLOCK WAS INTRODUCED, ELVIS PRESELY ENTERED THE US CHARTS FOR THE FIRST TIME AND REAL MADRID WON FOOTBALL’S FIRST EUROPEAN CUP FINAL. 1956
13. PICTURE 2 GIVES A CRYPTIC CLUE TO THE NAME OF WHICH BAND? ALIEN ANT FARM
14. WHAT IS THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PEOPLE ALLOWED ON A CRICKET PITCH DURING PLAY? 17
15. NAME THE EUROPEAN CAPITAL CITY SHOWN IN PICTURE 3. VIENNA
16. ‘PALE OUTLAW BILLY’ CONTAINS ONE WORD FROM THE TITLES OF THREE MOVIES STARRING WHICH FILM STAR? CLINT EASTWOOD
17. IN WHICH COUNTRY WAS THE WHEELBARROW INVENTED? CHINA
18. WHO AM I? BORN IN ALGERIA IN 1936, I BEGAN MY FASHION CAREER IN MY TEENS BEFORE BECOMING DIOR’S HEAD DESIGNER AGED 21. FOLLOWING A SHORT STINT IN THE ARMY, I PRODUCED SOME OF THE MOST ICONIC FASHION DESIGNS OF THE 60s AND 70s. THE OWNER OF AN ICONIC LOGO, I DIED IN 2008. YVES ST LAURENT
19. TRUE OR FALSE – WHEN Y-FRONTS FIRST WENT ON SALE IN THE 1930s LEFT HANDED MEN WERE ADVISED TO WEAR THEM INSIDE OUT? TRUE
20. TO MINIMISE HEALTH RISKS WHAT HAS A DOCTOR ADVISED OLYMPIC ATHLETES TO AVOID DOING AT THE 2012 GAMES? SHAKING HANDS
21. IN FEET HOW HIGH IS THE WORLD’S HIGHEST RESTAURANT ABOVE GROUND LEVEL? 1450 FEET in Dubai's Burj Khalifa

Image Image Image Image

And the scores were.....
BUZZIE 11 (tiebreaker 2000)
JUS 12 (1070)
And the winner.....
BIGAL 18 (1500)

01. NAME THE YEAR. THE MONKEES HAD THEIR LAST UK TOP TEN HIT, ARETHA FRANKLIN RECORDED “RESPECTâ€Â￾ AND TEXAS LEAD SINGER SHARLEEN SPITERI WAS BORN. 1967
02. IN THE NAME OF THE ISLE OF MAN TT RACES WHAT DO THE INITIALS ‘TT’ STAND FOR? TOURIST TROPHY
03. NAME ANY FOUR OF THE FIVE EUROPEAN COUNTRIES WHOS’ NAMES BEGIN WITH THE LETTER ‘A’. ALBANIA, ANDORRA, ARMENIA, AUSTRIA and AZERBAIJAN
04. WHICH 70s FILM, SET IN THE SCOTTISH ISLES, WAS REMADE IN 2006 WITH WASHINGTON STATE AS ITS’ LOCATION? "THE WICKER MAN"
05. WHAT FRUIT IS USED TO MAKE THE EASTERN EUROPEAN DRINK SLIVOVITZ? PLUMS
06. IT HAS JUST BEEN ANNOUNCED THAT BRITAIN WILL HAVE THREE NEW CITIES FOR THE QUEEN’S JUBILEE, NAME ONE OF THE NEW CITIES. CHELMSFORD, PERTH and ST ASAPH
07. WHICH ENGLISH SINGER POPULAR IN THE 60s AND 70s TOOK HIS STAGE NAME FROM A 19th CENTURY GERMAN COMPOSER? ENGELBERT HUMPERDINCK
08. THE SPORTING TROPHY IN PICTURE 1 IS AWARDED TO THE WINNER OF WHICH ANNUAL EVENT? GOLF'S US OPEN
09. WHAT THOROUGHFARE LINKS THE PLACE DE LA CONCORDE WITH THE PLACE CHARLES DE GAULLE? AVENUE DES CHAMS-ELYSEES
10. ‘SOPHIE’S FRENCH POSTCARDS’ CONTAINS ONE WORD FROM THREE TITLES OF MOVIES STARRING WHICH FILM STAR? MERYL STREEP
11. IF YOU ADDED THE COST IN POUNDS OF THE LONDON CONGESTION CHARGE FOR A CAR, THE NUMBER OF FINGERS A BOY SCOUT USES TO SALUTE AND THE NUMBER OF SQUARES ON AN ENGLISH DRAUGHTS BOARD, WHAT NUMBER SHOULD YOU HAVE? 77 (10+3+64)
12. NAME THE YEAR. RUPERT MURDOCH BOUGHT “THE NEWS OF THE WORLDâ€Â￾, “MIDNIGHT COWBOYâ€Â￾ BECAME THE FIRST X-RATED FILM TO WIN THE BEST MOVIE OSCAR AND JOHN LENNON RETURNED HIS MBE. 1969
13. THE LATEST MUSIC FAN PHENOMENON, FOLLOWING LADY GAGA’S LITTLE MONSTERS AND JUSTIN BIEBER’S BELIEBERS, HAS STARTED IN THE USA. WHAT ARE ODMs? ONE DIRECTION MOMS or cradlesnatchers as they used to be called!!
14. ONLY THREE COUNTRIES HAVE WON FOOTBALL’S EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP IN THE YEAR THEY HAVE HOSTED IT, NAME ANY TWO OF THE COUNTRIES. FRANCE, ITALY and SPAIN
15. NAME THE COUNTY HIGHLIGHTED IN PICTURE 2. BUCKINGHAMSHIRE
16. WHICH TELEVISION STAR ONCE PERFORMED IN AN ACT CALLED THE ELDANIS? PAUL DANIELS (anagram)
17. THE DINGBAT IN PICTURE 3 REPRESENTS WHICH FOUR WORD PHRASE? PASS WITH FLYING COLOURS
18. WHO AM I? BORN IN EDINBURGH IN 1976, THE DAUGHTER OF A SPORTSMAN AND A TALENTED TEENAGE SPORTSWOMAN HERSELF. SHE GRADUATED FROM THE LONDON COLLEGE OF FASHION BEFORE SECURING A JOB WITH SKY TV. A NEWS PRESENTER FROM 1998, SHE HAS WON A REALITY TV SHOW AND IS MARRIED TO A FORMER INTERNATIONAL SPORTSMAN. KIRSTY GALLACHER
19. THE ACTOR WOODY ALLEN ONCE SAID, “SEX IS LIKE BRIDGE, IF YOU DON’T HAVE A GOOD PARTNER YOU BETTER HAVE .....â€Â￾ WHAT? A GOOD HAND
20. SCIENTISTS FROM RUSSIA AND SOUTH KOREA ARE TO ATTEMPT TO CLONE WHAT CREATURE? WOOLLY MAMMOTH
21. HOW MANY NATIONS ARE CURRENTLY SCHEDULED TO TAKE PART IN THE 2012 OLYMPIC GAMES? 204

Image ImageImage Image

The scores were.....
BUZZIE 10 (tiebreaker 169)
JUS 11 (157)
And the winner for the fourth consecutive quiz (I think its' time for our pointy stick and radish wielding Lancastrian to go hunting).....
BIGAL 16 (200)

#136914 by IAN B
Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:56 am
Apologies, bit late posting this week, but I wasn't going to risk wasting what could turn out to be our summer - PM your answers

01. NAME THE YEAR. IAN DURY & THE BLOCKHEADS HAD THEIR FIRST UK TOP TEN SINGLE, GARY MOORE REPLACED BRIAN ROBERTSON AS THIN LIZZY’S GUITARIST AND THE MUSICAL “EVITAâ€Â￾ MADE ITS’ WEST END DEBUT. 1978
02. THERE ARE FOUR SPORTS THAT WILL FEATURE IN THE 2014 COMMONWEALTH GAMES WHICH WON’T APPEAR IN THE 2012 OLYMPICS, NAME TWO OF THEM. BOWLS, NETBALL, RUGBY SEVENS and SQUASH
03. IF YOU HEADED DUE EAST FROM GLASGOW WHICH IS THE NEXT COUNTRY YOU WOULD REACH? DENMARK
04. WHICH COMIC BOOK AND FILM CHARACTER OWNED THE CAR IN PICTURE 1? THE GREEN HORNET
05. WHICH FAST FOOD COMPANY HAS THE MOST OUTLETS IN THE WORLD? SUBWAY
06. THE GREAT BRITAIN 2012 OLYMPIC KIT WAS UNVEILED THIS WEEK, BUT WHO IS ITS’ DESIGNER? STELLA McCARTNEY
07. PICTURE 2 SHOWS A CARICATURE OF WHICH MUSIC DUO? THE PET SHOP BOYS
08. IN WHICH OLYMPIC SPORT ARE THE COMPETITORS NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE BEARDS? BOXING
09. 12th CENTURY LONDON WAS ENGLAND’S BIGGEST CITY WITH A POPULATION OF APPROX 20000, WHICH WAS THE SECOND BIGGEST WITH APPROX 10000? YORK
10. IN WHICH AMERICAN STATE ARE THE TELEVISION PROGRAMMES “DYNASTYâ€Â￾, “MORK AND MINDYâ€Â￾ AND “SOUTH PARKâ€Â￾ SET? COLORADO
11. WHAT IS THE ONLY SURNAME TO BE SHARED BY A BRITISH PRIME MINISTER AND AN AMERICAN PRESIDENT? WILSON (Harold and Woodrow) 12. NAME THE YEAR. THE COMEDIAN TOMMY COOPER DIED, RINGO STARR BEGAN NARRATING “THOMAS THE TANK ENGINEâ€Â￾ AND THE JACK NICHOLSON FILM “TERMS OF ENDEARMENTâ€Â￾ WAS A BIG WINNER AT THE OSCARS. 1984
13. IN 1969 SIMON AND GARFUNKEL SANG ABOUT “PARSLEY, SAGE.....â€Â￾ AND WHICH TWO OTHER HERBS? ROSEMARY AND THYME
14. WHICH SPORTSPERSON HAS HAD THE MOST TOP THREE PLACINGS IN THE BBC SPORTS PERSONALITY OF THE YEAR COMPETITION WITH FIVE? STEVE DAVIS
15. NAME TWO OF THE THREE EUROPEAN COUNTRIES THAT ARE REFERRED TO AS THE LOW COUNTRIES? BELGIUM, LUXEMBOURG and THE NETHERLANDS
16. WHICH TELEVISION SHOW WAS SCREENED FIRST, “STRICTLY COME DANCINGâ€Â￾ OR “THE X FACTORâ€Â￾? "STRICTLY COME DANCING"
17. THE DINGBAT IN PICTURE 3 REPRESENTS WHICH FOUR WORD PHRASE? THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX
18. WHO AM I? BORN IN NIGERIA IN 1959 OF ANGLO-NIGERIAN PARENTAGE, I WAS IN COLLEGE WHEN I JOINED MY FIRST BAND. SIGNING MY FIRST RECORD DEAL IN 1983, I HAD MY BIGGEST UK HIT ONE YEAR LATER. A RECENT COMEBACK HAS SEEN ME BECOME BILLBOARD’S HIGHEST EARNING BRITISH SOLO ARTIST OF 2011. SADE
19. THE BOTTLE INN IN DORSET IS THE VENUE FOR THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS OF EATING – CHESTNUTS, COCKROACHES, NETTLES OR SQUIRRELS? NETTLES
20. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING IS NOT A REAL SPORT – COCKROACH RACING, ELEPHANT POLO, MONKEY JUGGLING OR SHEEP COUNTING? MONKEY JUGGLING
21. THE FAST FOOD RETAILER IN Q5 CURRENTLY HAS HOW MANY OUTLETS WORLDWIDE? 36353

Image Image Image

A close contest this week.....
NERNER 12 (tiebreaker -)
JUS 14 (157236)
ROB_BOB 14 (30000)
But maintaining his winning streak.....
BIGAL 15 (30000)

#137349 by IAN B
Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:40 am
Another offering from The Railway in Sheffield - PM your answers

01. NAME THE YEAR. THE UK WON THE EUROVISION SONG CONTEST, THE MANIC STREET PREACHERS WON BEST BRITISH GROUP AND ALBUM AT THE BRITS AND AQUA HAD THEIR FIRST No1 WITH “BARBIE GIRLâ€Â￾. 1997
02. WHICH PREMIERSHIP FOOTBALL CLUB’S PLAYERS ENTER THE PITCH TO THE THEME TUNE FROM THE TELEVISION SHOW FROM “Z CARSâ€Â￾? EVERTON
03. IN TERMS OF AREA NORTH YORKSHIRE IS ENGLAND’S LARGEST COUNTY, BUT WHAT IS THE SECOND LARGEST? LINCOLNSHIRE
04. WHICH SERIES OF FILMS HAS THE SUBTITLES “NEW MOONâ€Â￾, “ECLIPSEâ€Â￾ AND “BREAKING DAWNâ€Â￾? "TWILIGHT"
05. PICTURE 1 SHOWS THE LOGO OF WHICH COMPANY? GUCCI
06. WHICH CHILDREN’S TELEVISION PROGRAMME HAS JUST CELEBRATED THE 40th ANNIVERSARY OF ITS’ FIRST SCREENING? "NEWSROUND"
07. WHICH SINGER HAD A UK No1 SINGLE WITH THE MAIN SONG FROM THE OSCAR WINNING FILM “TITANICâ€Â￾? CELINE DION
08. WHAT NATIONALITY WAS THE LEADING GOALSCORER IN THE 1966 FOOTBALL WORLD CUP FINAL TOURNAMENT STAGED IN ENGLAND? PORTUGUESE
09. FAMOUS FOR A WWII NAVAL ENCOUNTER AND THEIR FOOTBALL TEAM IN WITH WHICH TWO COUNTRIES WOULD YOU ASSOCIATE RIVER PLATE? ARGENTINA and URUGUAY
10. “RAGING TAXI HUNTERâ€Â￾ CONTAINS ONE WORD FROM THE TITLES OF THREE MOVIES STARRING WHICH FILM STAR? ROBERT DE NIRO
11. IN TERMS OF PERCENTAGE SHARE OF THE MARKET WHICH IS BRITAIN’S BIGGEST SUPERMARKET CHAIN? TESCO
12. NAME THE YEAR. THE TWO SECTIONS OF THE CHANNEL TUNNEL MET, THE GEORGE AT ASDA RANGE WAS LAUNCHED AND GLASGOW BEGAN IT’S TERM AS EUROPEAN CITY OF CULTURE. 1990
13. PICTURE 2 GIVES A CRYPTIC CLUE TO THE NAME OF WHICH POP GROUP? EARTH, WIND AND FIRE
14. UNTIL 2008 NIKOLAI ANDRIANOV HELD THE RECORD FOR WINNING THE MOST MENS’ OLYMPIC MEDALS WITH 15, BUT IN WHICH SPORT DID HE WIN THEM? GYMNASTICS
15. WHAT IS EUROPE’S MOST DENSELY POPULATED COUNTRY WITH APPROX 44000 PEOPLE PER SQUARE MILE? MONACO
16. PICTURE 3 SHOWS WHICH TWO FILM CHARACTERS? MR BEAN and HARRY POTTER 17. IF YOU ADDED TOGETHER THE NUMBER OF BRITISH PRIME MINISTERS CALLED DAVID, THE NUMBER OF CHANCE SQUARES ON A MONOPOLY BOARD AND THE NUMBER OF KATIE PRICE’S CHILDREN WHAT NUMBER SHOULD YOU HAVE? 8 (2+3+3)
18. WHO AM I? BORN IN LONDON IN 1965, I AM AN OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALLIST WHO WENT ON TO BECOME A THREE-TIME WORLD CHAMPION. I MADE MY ACTING DEBUT IN A 2001 MOVIE, HAVE APPEARED IN A MUSIC VIDEO AND TOOK PART IN AN AMERICAN CELEBRITY REALITY TV SHOW IN 2008. LENNOX LEWIS
19. ACCORDING TO A RECENT SURVEY 10% OF BRITISH CHILDREN AGED
BETWEEN 6 AND 10 COULD NOT FIND WHAT? BRITAIN ON A MAP
20. WHAT DEVICE DO LAS VEGAS’ CASINOS NOT HAVE THAT MOST OTHER BUILDINGS WILL HAVE AT LEAST ONE OF? CLOCK
21. IN WHAT YEAR WAS THE FIRST MACHINE SLICED AND WRAPPED LOAF OF BREAD SOLD? 1928

Image Image Image

In the absence of BIGAL we have a new winner.....
JUS 12 (tiebreaker 1867)
BUZZIE 15 (1933)
NERNER 16 (1934)
Last edited by IAN B on Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:37 am, edited 5 times in total.

#137665 by IAN B
Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:21 am
Mixed reviews for this quiz, see how you do - PM your answers

01. NAME THE YEAR. SEAL HAD HIS FIRST UK TOP TEN SINGLE, “CHANGESBOWIEâ€Â￾ WAS DAVID BOWIE’S 7th UK No1 ALBUM AND BOB MARLEY’S BIRTHDAY WAS DECLARED A JAMAICAN NATIONAL HOLIDAY. 1990
02. WHICH IS THE ONLY CARIBBEAN CITY TO HAVE HOSTED THE COMMONWEALTH GAMES? KINGSTON in Jamaica
03. NAME THE COUNTRY HIGHLIGHTED IN PICTURE 1. SLOVAKIA
04. REGULARLY HEARD SINCE 1977, THE ALLMAN BROTHERS TUNE “JESSICAâ€Â￾ IS THE THEME TUNE TO WHICH TELEVISION PROGRAMME? "TOP GEAR"
05. “FIDELITY, BRAVERY, INTEGRITYâ€Â￾ IS THE MOTTO OF WHICH ORGANISATION? THE FBI
06. BBC’S “BREAKFAST TIMEâ€Â￾ THIS WEEK BEGAN BROADCASTING FROM ITS’ NEW STUDIO IN WHICH CITY? SALFORD
07. IN 1973 WHICH BAND BECAME THE FIRST ACT TO ENTER THE UK SINGLES CHARTS AT No1 WITH CONSECUTIVE SINGLES? SLADE
08. WHICH WAS THE FIRST COUNTRY TO HOST FOOTBALL’S WORLD CUP FINALS TWICE? MEXICO in 1970 and 1986
09. IN TERMS OF AREA WHICH IS THE LARGEST LANDLOCKED OR INLAND COUNTY IN ENGLAND? SHROPSHIRE
10. THE PERSON IN PICTURE 2 IS FAMOUS FOR PLAYING WHICH TELEVISION CHARACTER? MRS BROWN in "Mrs Brown's Boys"
11. WHAT LONDON DISTRICT IS COCKNEY RHYMING SLANG FOR ‘HAIR’? BARNET (Barnet Fair)
12. NAME THE YEAR. “BEN HURâ€Â￾ WON A RECORD NUMBER OF OSCARS, WALKER DON THOMPSON AND SWIMMER ANITA LONSBOROUGH WON BRITAIN’S ONLY OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALS AND BONO WAS BORN. 1960
13. BEST KNOWN FOR HIS VIOLIN CONCERTOS, WHAT NATIONALITY WAS THE COMPOSER OF “THE FOUR SEASONSâ€Â￾? ITALIAN
14. WHAT IS SHOWN IN PICTURE 3? THE 2012 OLYMPIC TORCH
15. THE RIVER PO IS THE LONGEST RIVER IN WHICH EUROPEAN COUNTRY? ITALY
16. ‘ANGER EASY WITCHES’ CONTAINS ONE WORD FROM THE TITLES OF THREE MOVIES STARRING WHICH FILM STAR? JACK NICHOLSON ("Anger Management", "Easy Rider" or "Five Easy Pieces", "The Witches of Eastwick")
17. CHINSTRAP, MACARONI AND YELLOW-EYED ARE ALL TYPES OF WHAT? PENGUIN
18. WHO AM I? BORN IN LONDON IN 1973, THE SON OF A TV ACTRESS. I’M A FORMER ROYAL NAVAL RESERVE OFFICER, WHO CAME TO PUBLIC ATTENTION IN A 2000 TV SHOW. BECOMING A TV PRESENTER SHORTLY AFTER, WORKING ON ANIMAL AND NATURE PROGRAMMES, I HAVE ALSO WRITTEN FIVE BOOKS AND TAKEN PART IN EXTREME SPORTS WITH A FORMER OLYMPIAN. BEN FOGLE
19. ORGANISERS OF AN EASTER EGG HUNT IN SOMERSET RECEIVED A SURPRISE WHEN ONE CHILD FOUND WHAT? A HAND GRENADE
20. DURING WWI SOME GERMAN UNIFORMS WERE MADE OUT OF WHAT – DOGHAIR, NETTLES OR PAPER? NETTLES
21. DURING HIS STUNT CAREER EVEL KNIEVEL REPORTEDLY BROKE A TOTAL OF HOW MANY BONES? 433

Image Image Image

Glad to see no-one put Manchester for Q6 - thought I was going to have a riot when I didn't accept that as the answer.

The scores were.....very close.....
JUS 13 (tiebreaker 300)
BUZZIE 14 (95)
ROB_BOB 14 (300)
But the winner on the tiebreaker and taking on Bigal's mantle as multiple winner.....
NERNER 14 (400)

#137865 by IAN B
Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:58 am
A day early this week (hope nobody from The Railway visits QZ today) - PM your answers

01. NAME THE YEAR. LULU REACHED No1 IN THE UK SINGLES CHART FOR THE FIRST TIME, CREAM WERE INDUCTED INTO THE ROCK ‘N’ ROLL HALL OF FAME AND BILLY JOEL RECORDED HIS FINAL STUDIO ALBUM. 1993
02. WHICH COUNTRY HAS SCORED THE MOST GOALS IN TOTAL IN THE FINAL OF FOOTBALL’S WORLD CUP? BRAZIL with 14
03. IF YOU HEADED DUE EAST FROM LONDON WHICJH IS THE NEXT COUNTRY IN WHICH YOU WOULD ARRIVE? THE NETHERLANDS
04. IN WHICH AMERICAN CITY WAS THE ORIGINAL SERIES OF THE TELEVISION SHOW “C.S.I.â€Â￾ SET? LAS VEGAS
05. NAME THE FOODSTUFF SHOWN IN PICTURE 1. OKRA or LADIES' FINGERS
06. WHAT IS THE MOTTO OF THE 2012 LONDON OLYMPICS, WHICH WAS ANNOUNCED EARLIER THIS WEEK? "INSPIRE A GENERATION"
07. IN A 1980 HIT SINGLE WHAT WAS DESCRIBESD AS “DISASTERS, INCREDIBLE, SUPER SPECIAL, CRAZY CRAZYâ€Â￾? DISCO from "D.I.S.C.O by Ottowan
08. WHO WAS THE LAST FEMALE WINNER OF THE BBC “SPORTS PERSONALITY OF THE YEARâ€Â￾ AWARD? ZARA PHILLIPS in 2006
09. THE NAME OF WHICH AMERICAN CITY WAS INSPIRED BY THE NAME OF THE CAPITAL OF ANCIENT EGYPT? MEMPHIS
10. WHICH CELEBRITY HAS REPLACED MR. T AS THE FACE OF SNICKERS IN THEIR TELEVISION ADVERTS? JOAN COLLINS
11. IF YOU ADDED TOGETHER THE NUMBER OF LIVING FORMER BRITISH PRIME MINISTERS, THE NUMBER OF ENGLISH KINGS CALLED WILLIAM AND THE PRICE OF A RAILWAY STATION ON THE STANDARD BRITISH MONOPOLY BOARD WHAT NUMBER SHOULD YOU HAVE? 208 (4+4+200)
12. NAME THE YEAR. ALASKA BECAME THE USA’S 49th STATE, THE BUSCH GARDENS THEME PARK OPENED AND THE ORIGINAL MINI WAS LAUNCHED. 1959
13. PICTURE 2 GIVES A CRYPTIC CLUE TO THE NAME OF WHICH GROUP? STRAWBERRY SWITCHBLADE
14. THE HOLDER OF THE RECORD FOR THE MOST INTERNATIONAL CAPS IN RUGBY UNION PLAYED FOR WHICH COUNTRY? AUSTRALIA (George Gregan)
15. THE LARGEST CITY IN ITS’ COUNTRY, BUT NOT THE CAPITAL. NAME THE CITY IN PICTURE 3. ZURICH
16. WHAT WAS THE NAME OF THE PRISON IN THE TELEVISION PROGRAMME “PRISONER CELL BLOCK Hâ€Â￾? WENTWORTH DETENTION CENTRE
17. DURING HIS TIME AT PHILLIPS ACADEMY WAS GEORGE W BUSH A RUNNING BACK, A WATERBOY OR A CHEERLEADER ? A CHEERLEADER
18. WHO AM I? BORN IN LIVERPOOL IN 1934, I TOOK UP ACTING DURING MY NATIONAL SERVICE. MY BIG BREAK CAME FROM THEATRE AND FILM ROLES IN THE EARLY 70s BEFORE UI BECAME THE FOURTH ACTOR TO PLAY A POPULAR ROLE IN 1973. I AM NOW BEST KNOWN FOR VOICEOVER AND NARRATION WORK, PARTICULARLY ON A SHOW THAT BEGAN IN 2003. TOM BAKER
19. FOLLOWING THE EARTHQUAKE THE NEW ZEALAND CITY OF CHRISTCHURCH IS TO BUILD A TEMPORARY CATHDRAL USING WHAT MAIN MATERIAL? CARDBOARD
20. TEXTING WHILST WALKING CAN BE DANGEROUS AS A CALIFORNIA MAN FOUND WHEN HE NEARLY WALKED INTO – AN OPEN MANHOLE, A GANG GUNFIGHT OR A BLACK BEAR? A BLACK BEAR - worth watching on YouTube
21. IN THE FINANCIAL YEAR ENDING APRIL 2010 HOW MANY MOBILE PHONES WERE HANDED IN TO LONDON TRANSPORT’S LOST PROPERTY OFFICES? 20752

Image Image Image

This week's scores were.....
JUS 10 (tiebreaker 26950)
NERNER 11 (25000)
But the bad news for you all is Bigal's back and even I couldn't catch him out this week :( .....
BIGAL 20 (20000)
Last edited by IAN B on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

#138108 by IAN B
Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:43 am
Probably one of my easier offerings - PM your answers

01. NAME THE YEAR. ROY ORBISON HAD HIS FIRST UK No1 SINGLE, ROCK ‘N’ ROLL STAR EDDIE COCHRAN DIED AND THE MUSICAL “CAMELOTâ€Â￾ MADE ITS’ DEBUT ON BROADWAY. 1960
02. THERE ARE ONLY FOUR COUNTRIES WHO HAVE PLAYED IN ONE FIFA WORLD CUP FINAL, ENGLAND IN 1966, SPAIN IN 2010, NAME ONE OTHER COUNTRY. URUGUAY and SWEDEN
03. OF THE COLOURED PROPERTIES ON A STANDARD UK “MONOPOLYâ€Â￾ BOARD WHICH IS NOT A LONDON THOROUGHFARE? THE ANGEL ISLINGTON, a district rather than a thoroughfare, Marlborough Street does exist as Great Marlborough Street, with the 'Great' rarely used by Londoners
04. PICTURE 1 SHOWS A POSTER FOR WHICH FILM? " A CLOCKWORK ORANGE"
05. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING ANIMALS DO NOT BUILD NESTS – FOXES, GORILLAS, PENGUINS OR SQUIRRELS? FOXES
06. RUPERT MURDOCH HAS THIS WEEK GIVEN EVIDENCE AT THE INQUIRY INTO PRESS ETHICS, THE INQUIRY IS NAMED AFTER ITS’ CHAIRMAN, WHO IS HE? LORD JUSTICE LEVESON
07. WHICH FAMOUS SINGER-SONGWRITER WAS BORN ROBERT ALLEN ZIMMERMAN? BOB DYLAN
08. TRUE OR FALSE – FEATHERED SHUTTLECOCKS ARE ONLY MADE USING THE FEATHERS FROM THE RIGHT WING OF THE BIRD? FALSE - they are from the left wing
09. WHAT SYMBOL IS USED TO MARK FOOTPATHS DESIGNATED AS BRITAIN’S NATIONAL TRAILS? ACORN
10. IN WHICH MOVIE DID A STARLING CATCH A BUFFALO? "THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS"
11. IN THE NAME OF THE COURIER COMPANY ‘UPS’ WHAT DO THE INITIALS ‘UPS’ STAND FOR? UNITED PARCEL SERVICE
12. NAME THE YEAR. “THE SOUTH BANK SHOWâ€Â￾ MADE ITS’ TELEVISION DEBUT, THE 50th ACADEMY AWARDS CEREMONY WAS HELD AND POPE JOHN PAUL I DIED AFTER JUST 33 DAYS IN OFFICE. 1978
13. IN THE WORLD OF MUSIC WHAT DO THE INITIALS ‘RPO’ STAND FOR? ROYAL PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA
14. PICTURE 2 SHOWS THE BADGE OF WHICH SPORTS TEAM? FRENCH NATIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM
15. WHICH CENTRAL AMERICAN COUNTRY WAS, FROM 1862 TO 1973, KNOWN AS BRITISH HONDURAS? BELIZE
16. NAME THE MAIN CHARACTER IN THE TELEVISION ADVERT IN PICTURE 3. BRIAN from the Moneysupermarket ads
17. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING CREATURES HAS THE MOST CERVICAL OR NECK VERTEBRAE – GIRAFFE, HUMAN BEING, SLOTH OR SWAN? SWAN
18. WHO AM I? BORN IN READING IN 1975, I BEGAN STUDYING DRAMA AGED 11, MAKING MY ACTING DEBUT IN AN ADVERT ONE YEAR LATER. MY 1991 TV DEBUT WAS FOLLOWED, THREE YEARS LATER, BY MY FILM DEBUT. THE YOUNGEST MOVIE STAR EVER TO RECEIVE SIX OSCAR NOMINATIONS, I WON ONE IN 2008. KATE WINSLET
19. THE PERTHSHIRE VILLAGE OF DULL HAS BEEN OFFICIALLY PAIRED WITH WHICH TOWN IN OREGON? BORING
20. WHEN POLICE IN ROMANIA STOPPED A MOTORCYCLIST CARRYING A NUDE FEMALE PILLION PASSENGER WHAT DID THEY FINE THE PASSENGER FOR? NOT WEARING A HELMET
21. THE SOUTH WEST COASTAL PATH IS BRITAIN’S LONGEST NATIONAL TRAIL, HOW LONG IS IT IN MILES? 630

Image Image Image

A closer contest this week.....
BUZZIE 12 (tiebreaker 225)
GEPPSDOOD 14 (605)
NERNER 16 (1000)
And the winner (but at least I stopped him getting 20/20 this week) :D .....
BIGAL 17 (500)

#138325 by IAN B
Mon May 07, 2012 8:09 am
A change this week with the Blockbusters quiz returning, I think it's a bit easy, but the people seem to like it - PM your answers

01. TS
POPULAR NAME FOR LAS VEGAS BOULEVARD.
THE STRIP
02. BAB
POPULAR BINGO CALL FOR THE NUMBER 26.
BED AND BREAKFAST
03. NM
MOST FAMOUS RESIDENT OF ROBBEN ISLAND.
NELSON MANDELA
04. HCOI
70s SINGER RICK DEES BACKING BAND.
HIS CAST OF IDIOTS
05. DR
SPORTS TEAM WHO PLAY THEIR HOME GAMES AT THE TETLEY’S STADIUM.
DEWSBURY RAMS
06. TNPLI
ADVERTISING SLOGAN USED BY THE AUSTRALIAN TOURIST BOARD.
THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE IT
07. SOT
WHERE AN EAGLE LANDED IN 1969.
SEA OF TRANQUILITY
08. BD
FISH DUCK POPULAR IN THE 70s, BUT BANNED IN 1997.
BOMBAY DUCK
09. SIS
MIGHT DESCRIBE A WASHINGTON STATE INSOMNIAC.
SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE
10. MS
RELIGIOUS ORGANISATION FOUNDED BY THE BROTHERS JOHN AND CHARLES WESLEY.
METHODIST SOCIETY
11. TTTA
WHAT REX HARRISON AND EDDIE MURPHY HAVE BEEN ABLE TO DO.
TALK TO THE ANIMALS
12. FR
ANOTHER NAME FOR THE ACTIVITY KNOWN AS PARKOUR.
FREE RUNNING
13. AOPAL
IT TOOK PLACE IN FORD’S THEATRE.
ASSASSINATION OF PRESIDENT ABRAHAM LINCOLN
14. GBR
THE LARGEST OF ITS’ KIND AND A WORLD HERITAGE SITE SINCE 1981.
GREAT BARRIER REEF
15. BTVS
MOST FAMOUS PUPIL OF SUNNYDALE HIGH SCHOOL.
BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER
16. MP
COCKNEY RHYMING SLANG FOR YOUR OCULAR ORGANS.
MINCE PIES
17. TCS
THE ADDRESS OF WEATHERFIELD’S HAIRDRESSERS.
TWO CORONATION STREET
18. LMOL
WHAT DICK WHITTINGTON WAS ON FOUR OCCASIONS.
LORD MAYOR OF LONDON
19. AP
MULTI-SPORT STADIUM IN A BUCKINGHAMSHIRE TOWN
ADAMS PARK
20. YTOTIW
FIRST No1 SINGLE FROM A 1978 MOVIE.
"YOU'RE THE ONE THAT I WANT"
21. IN WHAT YEAR DID DICK WHITTINGTON DIE? 1423

The tiebreaker was needed this week.....
JUS 14 (tiebreaker 1575)
BUZZIE 15 (1350)
BIGAL 18 (1410)
But the winner by just one year on the tiebreaker.....
NERNER 18 (1435)

#138715 by IAN B
Tue May 15, 2012 2:36 pm
Back to my normal format this week - PM your answers

01. NAME THE YEAR. THE BANGLES WERE FORMED, “THE BIRDIE SONGâ€Â￾ WAS A TOP TEN HIT AND JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE WAS BORN. 1981
02. PICTURE 1 SHOWS THE BADGE OF WHICH SPORTS TEAM? SALFORD CITY REDS RLFC
03. IN THAILAND WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITH A TUK-TUK – EAT IT, TRAVEL IN IT OR WEAR IT? TRAVEL IN IT
04. IN WHICH DECADE OF THE 20th CENTURY WAS THE FILM “INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADEâ€Â￾ SET? 30s
05. IF YOU ADDED TOGETHER THE NUMBER OF QUEENS WHO HAVE BEEN BRITISH MONARCH, THE NUMBER OF DIFFERENT SNOOKER WORLD CHAMPIONS DURING THE 21st CENTURY AND THE NUMBER OF 21st CENTURY BRITISH PRIME MINISTERS WHAT NUMBER SHOULD YOU HAVE? 13 (3+7+3) - notice I did say British monarch so only Anne, Victoria and Elizabeth II count (I didn't say English to avoid the argument about Matilda)
06. A NHS WATCHDOG THIS WEEK WARNED MEDICAL STAFF NOT TO USE WHAT WORD TO DESCRIBE CERTAIN PATIENTS? OBESE - I'm assuming 'fat b**tard' is also out of the equation
07. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING 80s BANDS HAD THE MOST UK No1 SINGLES – DURAN DURAN, FRANKIE GOES TO HOLLYWOOD, HUMAN LEAGUE OR SPANDAU BALLET? FRANKIE GOES TO HOLLYWOOD with 3
08. APART FROM REAL MADRID, THERE ARE FIVE FOOTBALL CLUBS CURRENTLY IN SPAIN’S LA LIGA WHOSE FULL NAMES CONTAIN THE WORD ‘REAL’, NAME ONE OF THE CITIES IN WHICH THEY PLAY. BARCELONA, PALMA, SAN SEBASTIAN, SEVILLE and ZARAGOZA
09. ON LONDON TRANSPORT WHAT DO THE INITIALS ‘DLR’ STAND FOR? DOCKLANDS LIGHT RAILWAY
10. ‘EYES IMPOSSIBLE MEN’ CONTAINS ONE WORD FROM THE TITLES OF THREE MOVIES STARRING WHICH FILM STAR? TOM CRUISE ("Eyes Wide Shut", "Mission Impossible" and "A Few Good Men")
11. ACCORDING TO IAN FLEMING’S JAMES BOND NOVELS WHAT DRINK DOES 007 CONSUME MOST OFTEN – LAGER, VODKA MARTINI OR WHISKY? WHISKY
12. NAME THE YEAR. BENOIT LECOMTE BECAME THE FIRST MAN TO SWIM THE ATLANTIC, MIKA HAKKINEN BECAME FINLAND’S SECOND F1 WORLD CHAMPION AND FRANK SINATRA DIED. 1998
13. PICTURE 2 GIVES A CRYPTIC CLUE TO THE NAME OF WHICH GROUP? BLACK GRAPE
14. IF YOU WERE WATCHING A SUPERLEAGUE MATCH BETWEEN LOUGHBOROUGH LIGHTNING AND YORKSHIRE JETS WHAT SPORT WOULD YOU BE WATCHING? NETBALL
15. NAME THE EUROPEAN CAPITAL CITY IN PICTURE 3. COPENHAGEN
16. IN THE JAMES BOND FILM “GOLDENEYEâ€Â￾ SEAN BEAN PLAYED AGENT ALEX TREVELYAN, WHAT AGENT NUMBER DID HE HAVE? 006
17. WHAT DO THE ACTRESS LILLIAN GISH, THE DANCER LIONEL BLAIR, THE TV PRESENTER ALAN WHICKER AND THE DJ PETE TONG HAVE IN COMMON? THEY'RE ALL USED IN COCKNEY RHYMING SLANG
18. WHO AM I? BORN IN SEAFORTH, LANCASHIRE IN 1944, I BEGAN MY CAREER IN ENTERTAINMENT ON PIRATE RADIO IN 1962 BEFORE FIRST SIGNING FOR THE BBC IN 1967. I MADE MY FIRST TV APPEARANCE IN 1965, GETTING MY OWN ITV SHOW IN 1970, BEFORE A RETURN TO THE BBC IN 1981. I DIED IN 1995. KENNY EVERETT
19. CANADIAN JOLENE VAN VUGT HAS JUST ENTERED GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS BY ACHIEVING A SPEED OF 46MPH ON A MOTORISED WHAT? TOILET
20. WHY WAS EGYPTIAN RAMADAN DAKHALIA SURPRISED WHEN HE WATCHED A PORN FILM FOR THE FIRST TIME? HIS WIFE WAS THE STAR[
21. ACCORDING TO “GUINNESS WORLD RECORDSâ€Â￾ THOMAS BLACKTHORNE HOLDS THE RECORD FOR THE HEAVIEST WEIGHT EVER HELD BY A HUMAN TONGUE, HOW MUCH WAS IN IT IN IMPERIAL WEIGHTS? 27lbs 8.96oz :shock:

Image Image Image

Quite proud of this quiz as it certainly kept the scores down.....
BUZZIE 10 (tiebreaker 40lbs)
JUS 12 (6lbs)
And the winner.....
BIGAL 17 (25lbs)

#138858 by IAN B
Sun May 20, 2012 10:23 am
Maybe not up to the standard of last week's offering, but still a few toughies - PM your answers

01. NAME THE YEAR. MTV EUROPE WAS LAUNCHED, BELINDA CARLISLE HAD HER FIRST UK No1 SINGLE AND IRELAND’S JOHNNY LOGAN BECAME THE FIRST TWO-TIME WINNER OF THE EUROVISION SONG CONTEST. 1987
02. UNDER INTERNATIONAL RULES WHAT COLOUR IS THE NUMBER 8 BALL IN THE SPORT OF POOL? BLACK
03. WHEN LISTED IN NUMERICAL ORDER WHAT IS THE FIRST NUMBER NOT ALLOCATED TO AN ENGLISH MOTORWAY? M7
04. TAKEN FROM A BIRDSEYE TELEVISION ADVERT, WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE CHARACTER IN PICTURE 1? CLARENCE after Mr Birdseye
05. IF YOU ADDED TOGETHER THE NUMBER OF PLANETS NAMED AFTER ROMAN DEITIES, THE NUMBER OF LEGS THAT A BUTTERFLY HAS AND THE NUMBER OF DIAMONDS THAT MAKE UP THE MITSUBISHI LOGO WHAT NUMBER SHOULD YOU HAVE? 15 (6+6+3) - Pluto is no longer a planet
06. THE RADIO INDUSTRY’S MOST PRESITIGIOUS AWARDS CEREMONY TOOK PLACE THIS WEEK, WHICH COMPANY SPONSORS THE EVENT? SONY
07. ON 08 MARCH 1969 “HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUâ€Â￾ WAS THE FIRST SONG TO BE SUNG WHERE? IN SPACE
08. IN WHICH CITY WOULD YOU FIND THE SPORTS STADIA IN PICTURE 2? EDINBURGH - Easter Road, Murrayfield and Tynecastle
09. WHICH EUROPEAN COUNTRY PRINTS THE NAME ‘HELVETIA’ ON ITS’ POSTAGE STAMPS? SWITZERLAND
10. IN THE BOOK AND FILM “THE JUNGLE BOOKâ€Â￾ WHAT TYPE OF ANIMAL WAS THE CHARACTER BAGHEERA? Strictly speaking BLACK LEOPARD, but I'll accept PANTHER
11. DRAW AN AMPERSAND. &
12. NAME THE YEAR. BRITISH RAILWAYS CAME INTO EXISTENCE, THE FIRST MORRIS MINOR WAS LAUNCHED AND THE ROCK STAR ALICE COOPER WAS BORN. 1948
13. HOW MANY FINGER HOLES ARE THERE ON A RECORDER? 7
14. WHAT NAME IS GIVEN TO THE SPORT, POPULAR IN NORTH AMERICA AND AUSTRALIA, WHERE A SMALL, TWO WHEELED CART IS PULLED BY A HORSE? HARNESS RACING or TROTTING
15. BY WHAT NAME IS GRAVELLY HILL INTERCHANGE IN THE WEST MIDLANDS BETTER KNOWN? SPAGHETTI JUNCTION
16. WHICH TELEVISION AND FILM DETECTIVE IS THE ONLY FICTIONAL PERSON TO HAVE THEIR OBITUARY PRINTED IN “THE NEW YORK TIMESâ€Â￾? HERCULE POIROT
17. THE DINGBAT IN PICTURE 3 REPRESENTS WHAT THREE WORDS? STITCH IN TIME
18. WHO AM I? BORN IN COUNTY WICKLOW IN 1972, I’M A MATHS AND PHYSICS GRADUATE, WHO BECAME A CHILDREN’S TV PRESENTER IN MY NATIVE IRELAND. FOLLOWING SUCCESS AT THE 2002 EDINBURGH FESTIVAL I BEGAN REGULAR APPEARANCES ON BRITISH TV, HOSTING QUIZ, TRAVEL, SCIENCE AND REALITY SHOWS. DARA O'BRIAIN
19. ON 10 JUNE 1935 Dr ROBERT SMITH TOOK HIS FINAL DRINK OF ALCOHOL AND THEN DID WHAT? FORMED ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS
20. TRUE OR FALSE - THE FOOD COMAPNY “ICELANDâ€Â￾ DEVELOPED CHOCOLATE FLAVOURED CARROTS TO TEMPT CHILDREN TO EAT MORE VEGETABLES? TRUE - along with their pizza-flavoured sweetcorn it lasted about eight months!!
21. ACCORDING TO RoSPA, IN 2002 HOW MANY ACCIDENTS WERE REPORTED THAT INVOLVED COTTON BUDS? 8751

Image Image Image
MINImageUTE

Just the three entries this week with scores of.....
JUS 10 (32000 :shock:)
BUZZIE 14 (12000)
BIGAL 19 (5555)
Last edited by IAN B on Mon May 28, 2012 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.