• Topic Title

• Topic description
Challenge fellow quizzers by posting your favourite questions and quizzes here.

Moderators: playgirl, JUS, rodbox

Do you like cake as much as me?

A. Yes I do!
100%
B. Probably more than you!
No votes
0%

#148917 by JUS
Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:48 pm
In the gateau from the chateau?

#149078 by wildrover
Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:39 pm
Cake Quiz - all answers contain the name of a type of cake:

1. Which Dr. Who actor also appeared in 28 Days Later and Gone in 60 seconds?
2. Who is joint holder of the record for Tony awards with five but is best known for her role as a TV sleuth in a series that ran for 12 years?
3. German pianist Horst Jankowski had a number 3 hit in 1965 with which song which also helped Bobby Crush win Opportunity Knocks in the 70s?
4. What was the original family name of Prince Philip’s uncle, Lord Mounbatten of Burma who was murdered by the IRA in 1979?
5. What song title was a number 2 hit in 1981 for two different artists with two different songs?
6. What two word term coined by Edward Lorenz is the main tenet of chaos theory deriving from his explanation that a hurricane could eventually arise from the very smallest disturbance of air?
7. Which comedian is the father of actress Lucy Davis?
8. What is the name of the scientist played by Denise Richards in the Bond film The World is Not Enough?
9. Which city is said to be built on Jam, Jute and Journalism?
10. Which semi-autobiographical novel by Jeanette Winterson was made into a BBC series starring Charlotte Coleman in 1990?
11. J. K. Rowling is president of which charity whose aim is to help single parents?
12. What term is given to an exceptionally good ball at cricket and is also the name of a port in Israel?
13. Discovered in 1913, what name is given to the lower part of the stratosphere between 20 and 30 km from earth?
14. Funchal is the capital of which island region?
15. Annette Mills was the host of which children’s programme?
16. Which manager became the first to take a team from the 4th division of English football to a major Wembley final last month?
17. Which Diana Ross hit contains the lines “Instinctively you give to me the love that I need, I cherish the moments with you. Respectfully I see to thee I’m aware that you’re cheating
when no one makes me feel like you do.”
18. What is the popular name for animals of the phylum Porifera?
19. What is the unit of currency in Sudan, Lebanon and Egypt?
20. Which rock is metamorphosised limestone and takes its name from the Greek word for “gleam or sparkle”?