• Topic Title

• Topic description
Challenge fellow quizzers by posting your favourite questions and quizzes here.

Moderators: playgirl, JUS, rodbox

#155501 by boatnumbersix
Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:25 pm
I asked this in my local last night,
Normal questions but the answers or part of the answer can be related to Christmas.
the best score was 21/25

please excuse the spelling and punctuation

1, What's cockney rhyming slang for mens testecles?

2. According to the proverb what type of horse should you never look in the mouth?

3.Which heavenly body is also the name of a former high street store?

4. What is the non technical term for the greasy yellowish substance found on a baby or child, that usually disappears on reaching puberty?

5. The song "Walking in the Air" is taken from which animated film?

6. Which one of Steve Coogans alter egos has no real friends, lives in a motel on his own and early in his career worked for radio Norwich?

7. If the second line of a Bob Dylan song is "Play a Song for me", what's the first line?

8. Ferne Cotton is one of the regular team captains on Celebrity Juice, who's the other?

9. In which card game can you score" one for his nob"?

10. If you were looking in a dictionary and reading the meaning " Dishonest talk or behaviour that is intended to deceive people" what word would you have looked up?

11. Which word that is this years Oxford dictionaries word of the year and means to take a snapshot, usually of your own face, and post it on a social media website?

12. Ridden by Scobie Breasley, which horse won the 1964 Derby?

13. In Edward Lears book, who or what performed the ceremony when the Owl and the Pussycat got married?

14. Mike Oldfield was the first artist to record an album on which record label?

15. Viscum Albumis is the scientific name for which plant?

16. On a boat what can be either Main, Head or spinnaker

17. Who had a hits in America with " He's the Greatest Dancer" and "We are Family" and also had a number one in Britain with "Frankie"?

18. Whats the name of the painting by Van Klomp that everybody's trying to find in the comedy series "Allo Allo"?

19. In the Magazine Private Eye who is always referred to as Brenda?

20. Which Liverpool anthem is probably the most famous song from the musical Carousel?

21. I don't think it ever really caught on but which car company made the Pivo, a car that can swivel to make parking easier?

22. Who was runner up to Joe McCalderry in X Factor Six?

23. Cardiff is the nearest capital city to London, what's the second nearest?

24. The FDP were formed in 1979 as a frivolous alternative to mainstream politics. They have had at least one candidate in every general election since then. Their most famous policy was to use a smaller font size to automatically reduce the unemployment statistics. What do the letters FDP stand for?

25. In Britain it's 999, in the USA it's 911 what is it in Australia?

#156186 by rocky99
Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:52 am
I know this is too late, but I'm bored and this is almost too easy...

1, What's cockney rhyming slang for mens testecles? TOWN HALLS

2. According to the proverb what type of horse should you never look in the mouth? GIFT

3.Which heavenly body is also the name of a former high street store? COMET

4. What is the non technical term for the greasy yellowish substance found on a baby or child, that usually disappears on reaching puberty?

5. The song "Walking in the Air" is taken from which animated film? THE SNOWMAN

6. Which one of Steve Coogans alter egos has no real friends, lives in a motel on his own and early in his career worked for radio Norwich? ALAN PATRIDGE

7. If the second line of a Bob Dylan song is "Play a Song for me", what's the first line? HEY MR TAMBOURINE MAN

8. Ferne Cotton is one of the regular team captains on Celebrity Juice, who's the other? HOLLY WILLOUGHBY

9. In which card game can you score" one for his nob"? CRIBBAGE

10. If you were looking in a dictionary and reading the meaning " Dishonest talk or behaviour that is intended to deceive people" what word would you have looked up? HUMBUG

11. Which word that is this years Oxford dictionaries word of the year and means to take a snapshot, usually of your own face, and post it on a social media website? SELFIE

12. Ridden by Scobie Breasley, which horse won the 1964 Derby? SANTA CLAUS

13. In Edward Lears book, who or what performed the ceremony when the Owl and the Pussycat got married? A TURKEY

14. Mike Oldfield was the first artist to record an album on which record label? VIRGIN

15. Viscum Albumis is the scientific name for which plant? MISTLETOE

16. On a boat what can be either Main, Head or spinnaker A SAIL

17. Who had a hits in America with " He's the Greatest Dancer" and "We are Family" and also had a number one in Britain with "Frankie"? SISTER SLEDGE

18. Whats the name of the painting by Van Klomp that everybody's trying to find in the comedy series "Allo Allo"? THE FALLEN MADONNA WITH THE BIG BOOBIES

19. In the Magazine Private Eye who is always referred to as Brenda? THE QUEEN (Q.E. II)

20. Which Liverpool anthem is probably the most famous song from the musical Carousel? YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE

21. I don't think it ever really caught on but which car company made the Pivo, a car that can swivel to make parking easier? NISSAN

22. Who was runner up to Joe McCalderry in X Factor Six? OLLY MURS

23. Cardiff is the nearest capital city to London, what's the second nearest? BRUSSELS

24. The FDP were formed in 1979 as a frivolous alternative to mainstream politics. They have had at least one candidate in every general election since then. Their most famous policy was to use a smaller font size to automatically reduce the unemployment statistics. What do the letters FDP stand for?

25. In Britain it's 999, in the USA it's 911 what is it in Australia? 000 (TRIPLE ZERO)

#156188 by wildrover
Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:03 pm
4 is vernix but dunno what the "non-technical name" is...
24 is the Fancy Dress Party

#156189 by JUS
Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:44 pm
puppy fat?

#156194 by Buzzie
Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:38 pm
Cradle cap?

#156206 by boatnumbersix
Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:56 pm
1 wrong
4 right with puppy fat
21 wrong

all others right

#156209 by wildrover
Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:14 pm
I've heard a few for #1, the most common of which is cobblers' awls hence the phrase "it's a load of cobblers". Then there's Niagara Falls, Davina McCalls, Albert Halls, Market stalls or on a slightly different theme, Jackson Pollocks, hydraulics and fun & frolics. None of which seems to have much relationship to Christmas except I suppose that Prince Albert introduced the Christmas Tree to England..

#156211 by Tallscot
Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:46 pm
Jacobs - as in Jacobs Cream Crackers.

#156248 by boatnumbersix
Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:43 pm
related to Christmas
so yeah its cream CRACKERS