• Topic Title

• Topic description
Seen a great idea in your local pub quiz? Looking for advice on how to run your own one? Use this forum to discuss anything to do with setting and running quizzes.

Moderators: playgirl, JUS, rodbox

#166911 by Wendy1001
Tue May 31, 2016 12:37 pm
Hi all,

I currently do a rollover jackpot of the number between 1-1000 and you tell them higher or lower until someone guesses the right number. I've been doing this for about 4 years now in the same pub and wanted to try something different.

I do an open the lock game in another pub (quite local to this one) so would rather not do two the same that close together.

Any other suggestions? I have a good set of regulars but wants to entice some more people in. (And build up a decent jackpot prize).
#166913 by wildrover
Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:38 am
Normally I've seen either a really difficult question or 5 questions you have to get all correct. One I liked was open to everyone who did the quiz which was a Top 5 to put in the right order. e.g. top 5 pub names, baby names, street names, richest countries, footballers with most caps ( dangerous as sports people will know this so our pub asked for numbers 6-10) - this gave everyone a chance and it's a 120-1 shot although normally you can guess the most popular answer so more like a 24-1 shot but normally lasts 3-4 weeks.