• Topic Title

• Topic description
Seen a great idea in your local pub quiz? Looking for advice on how to run your own one? Use this forum to discuss anything to do with setting and running quizzes.

Moderators: playgirl, JUS, rodbox

#87096 by mulviel
Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:45 pm
I have been looking through Quiz Swaps recently and found a link to a site called filefront. I downloaded some clips from musicals and some backward tune clips.
The quality is excellent.
I have since been playing around with a programme called Audacity which can be downloaded for free. Audacity is like a Photoshop for sound (???) and is very easy to use.
I then found a site run by AT&T Labs. It is a text to speech demo and that too can easily used.

I run a quiz in a pub where there isn’t any mixing equipment and have struggled to include music rounds. Now I am making CDs with clips, clip numbers and answers on.

It really has revolutionized how I set my quizzes. I sometimes wish I still smoked so I could bung the CD on and nip out for a fag!

If you decide to try this out PM me and let me know how you got on.

I have just done a CD with 20 clips of classic British radio comedy. If you want a copy I can send you one. Sorry, Master Quizzers only.