• Topic Title

• Topic description
Seen a great idea in your local pub quiz? Looking for advice on how to run your own one? Use this forum to discuss anything to do with setting and running quizzes.

Moderators: playgirl, JUS, rodbox

#151174 by sodmeister
Tue May 28, 2013 10:08 pm
Looking for some unusual names for rounds instead of the usual. The round topics are the common ones, geography, art & lit, science & nat, entertainment, music, etc.

Thoughts so far have been limited to things like "When the heck?" for history and "Where the heck?" for geography, "Cranial Crushers" for Lateral Thinking.

Any suggestions would be greatfully appreciated.

#151178 by Buzzie
Wed May 29, 2013 10:12 am
Titles I have used in the past include:

Sport - Blood, sweat & gears
Quotations - Who said that?
Geography - Where on Earth?
History - 1066 and all that
Music - The food of love
Current affairs / news - Oh Boy (as in "I heard the news today, Oh Boy")
Connections - The think link (nicked off DLT!)

#151446 by canine plums
Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:10 pm
I was going to do a sport round starting with an Ashes question and finishing with an Arthur Ashe question using the title Ashes to Ashe

For history the obvious one would be to quote Henry Ford with Bunk

S T A T E would be a round about state capitals, not necessarily limited to US states. - Brazil, Austria, German, India and Australia all have states!

If you use a handwriting font for Word you would have the written word, i.e. literature and

Ars Gratia Artis means "Art of arts sake" so could be an at round. Being the motto of MGM they could assume films.

A picture of Grayson Perry (or another transvestite) would be a good clue for a TV round.

I hope that helps!

#151447 by JUS
Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:56 pm
TV :lol: :lol: :lol: good one :!:

#155409 by andygoldsmith
Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:20 pm
I did a round a couple of years ago which I called THE NORMANS - BUT contrary to most expectations it wasn't all about the norman conquest - these were the questions that I used, starting with an easy one which led them into thinking it was about the norman conquest (prolonged the surprise):

1: In which year did the Normans invade Britain

2: Who was chancellor of the exchequer on black Wednesday September 16th 1992 when Britan pulled out of the European exchange rate Mechanism (ERM)

3: Who had a hit single with Spirit in the Sky in 1970

4: Which british architect designed buildings which include the gherkin, stansted airport terminal , millau viaduct, Wembley stadium

5: What nickname was given to the leader of the Allied forces during the 1992 Gulf War

6: Who was the government ‘s Trade & Industry Secretary from 1983-1985, who was injured by the Brighton Bomb and once said ‘get on your bike’

7: Who designed the queen’s wedding dress

8: Which champion golfer is former wimbledon tennis champion Chris Evert married to

9: What character was played by Norman Wisdom in films which included The Square Peg, The Bulldog Breed and On the beat

10:Who presented the BBC’s Film programme between 1974 and 1998

and the answers:
1 1066
2:Norman lamont
3:Norman greenbaum
4:Norman foster
5:Stormin Norman (Norman Schwartzcopf)
6:Norman Tebbitt
7:Norman Hartnell
8:Greg Norman
9:Norman Pitkin
10:Barry Norman