• Topic Title

• Topic description
Seen a great idea in your local pub quiz? Looking for advice on how to run your own one? Use this forum to discuss anything to do with setting and running quizzes.

Moderators: playgirl, JUS, rodbox

#157486 by zoetoff
Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:28 am
My question is twofold:

a) do you know the answer to my question: "rumor has it that this English poet's widow carried his head around in a velvet bag for many years after his execution."

b) Is there some kind of focus group for these kind of questions? I'm a relatively new quizmaster, and I feel like there has to be SOMEWHERE on the internet where I can test iffy questions out on other trivia buffs.
#157496 by canine plums
Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:16 pm
zoetoff wrote:My question is twofold:

a) do you know the answer to my question: "rumor has it that this English poet's widow carried his head around in a velvet bag for many years after his execution."

b) Is there some kind of focus group for these kind of questions? I'm a relatively new quizmaster, and I feel like there has to be SOMEWHERE on the internet where I can test iffy questions out on other trivia buffs.

a, I thought that was Sir Walter Raleigh's wife,

b, I haven't found one yet. If in doubt find two different sources on line

When writing questions remember to ask the right question if you expect the right answer, have a definite answer and be aware of any alternative answers that would also be correct e.g .Harold Godwinson succeeded Edward the Confessor, but the answer King Harold would also be correct as would the Earl of Wessex.