Page 55 of 58
PostPosted:Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:29 pm
Isle of Man
Isle of Wight
Mainland in Shetlands
struggling after than though...
PostPosted:Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:05 pm
1. Lewis & Harris 2179 Sq.Km
2. Skye 1656
3. Mainland Shetland 969
4. Mull 875
5. Anglesey 714
6. Islay 620
7. Man 572
10. Wight 381
12. South Uist 320
13. North Uist 303
PostPosted:Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:12 am
Eigg or Ailsa Craig ???????????
PostPosted:Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:10 pm
PostPosted:Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:35 pm
PostPosted:Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:42 pm
The missing answers were:
8 Mainland Orkney 523
9 Arran 432
11 Jura 367
WR takes it :D
PostPosted:Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:57 am
In the 12 months to June 2013 there were 10 actors (although only about half have any acting ability) who earned over $30 million in acting fees. Name them. (This list reminds me of H.L. Mencken's quote, "No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public.")
PostPosted:Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:42 am
Good question. :)
Leonardo Di caprio
PostPosted:Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:44 am
The Bond chap
PostPosted:Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:08 pm
Ah Tonto & JUS, you seem to be under the misconception that the amount you get paid in La La Land has any correlation with your acting ability. Tom Cruise and Leonardo Di Caprio made the list but that's all I'm afraid.
PostPosted:Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:12 pm
Oh dear, I`ll go downmarket.
Robert de Nero
PostPosted:Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:20 pm
PostPosted:Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:49 pm
Oh dear Tonto - your idea of low is not anywhere near low enough. With a couple of exceptions, any one of these could win the Vin Diesel Trophy for worst actor I've ever seen...
PostPosted:Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:08 pm
Ben Stiller and his mate with the wonky nose
Any of those from the Hangover movies
PostPosted:Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:31 pm
So a couple of clues as I think you will find the names on this list as incredible as I do:
1. The highest earner is a real charmer - he spent most of his thirties either in prison or being arrested around 20 times for various drugs offences. Unsurprisingly his wife decided she and their children might be better off somewhere else.
2.The second highest earner spent several years on stage before being spotted by a La La Land talent scout. Unfortunately the time he spent on stage was as a male stripper which probably explains why he can't act.
3. #3 is actually a very good actor IMHO although you wouldn't know it from the crap that he's appeared in. He's not American which probably helps.
4. At number four is another coke addict and racist who spent 2 years in prison for blinding a Vietnamese man in a racist attack - when released he promptly broke his neighbour's jaw in an unprovoked attack. He was therefore an obvious candidate for a career in rap music and indeed had a number 1 hit. With his background he was an obvious target for La La Land executives - lack of any acting ability or experience has never been an issue.
5. If you thought #4 was scraping the bottom of the barrel you were wrong. you can almost see the conversation. "We have a crisis - we're shit out of cokeheads and ex-cons, what are we going to do." "No worries - let's get someone from WWE."; "but they're semi-literate and talk in Neanderthal grunts." "Perfect."
6 is DiCaprio
7. OMG - I can't believe this cretin is still allowed to churn out the same unfunny formulaic shite that he has for 20 years. The only man to win 4 Golden Raspberry awards for Worst Actor and by God you can see why. He's won the award the last 2 years running.
8 is Tom Cruise and it's probably the only list he's ever been on where he has been in the top half for acting ability.
9. This guy should not be on this list as he is an exceptionally talented actor who's won 2 Oscars
10. Another talented actor but he's British. His finest performance should have won him the Best Actor oscar but he lost out to Tom Hanks due to La La Land's obsession with AIDS at the time.