• Topic Title

• Topic description
Seen a great idea in your local pub quiz? Looking for advice on how to run your own one? Use this forum to discuss anything to do with setting and running quizzes.

Moderators: playgirl, JUS, rodbox

#152773 by canine plums
Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:36 pm
Hi All

I'm trying to put together a general knowledge round with a Monty Python connection.

Currently have such answers as Around the world in 80 days, Spam, Liberty Bell, Idle, and Lumberjacks plus a few others that are a lot weaker and unworthy of mentioning.

Does anyone have some ideas for questions to get the appropriate Pythonesque answers?

many thanks

#152774 by Rob_Bob
Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:50 pm
The largest wingspans of any extant birds - Albatross
Largest country by area that the equator runs through - Brazil
Disorder where those affected fake disease, illness, or psychological trauma to draw attention or sympathy -Münchhausen Syndrome

#152802 by wildrover
Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:26 pm
1. Who was the Republican Party nominee for Vice President in the 2008 presidential election? Sarah PALIN
2. Tomas de Torquemada was the first head of which 15th Century religious organisation? SPANISH INQUISITION
3. Which girl's name was a number 1 hit in the U.S. for a solo artist in 1974 and a number 1 hit in the UK for a group in 2003? MANDY (Brian's mother)
4. Sambuca is flavoured with oil from the flowers of a certain plant and is named after Sambucus, the Latin name for this plant. What is the common name for the fruit of the plant used in making wine? ELDERBERRIES
5. What name is given to the series of charity shows which started in 1976 to raise funds for Amnesty International? SECRET POLICEMAN'S BALLS

#152886 by canine plums
Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:14 am
Thanks for some great suggestions, some of the ideas I used.

I cannot believe I forgot about using Peter Griffin's dog until I saw wildrover's third suggestion. Thank you that man!

The quiz is for next year so any further ideas are welcome. I will post the finished quiz in to the main site after the event, but of late they seem to reject most of the offerings I have submitted.

#158881 by canine plums
Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:01 pm
Here are the nine questions used.

1 What is the name of the Griffin's family dog in Seth MacFarlane's cartoon series 'Family Guy'?

2 What name is given to unsolicited or undesired electronic messages?

3 In Arthurian legend for what was 'The Fisher King' responsible?

4 Which theory of behavioural science states that 'Positive reinforcement and indirect suggestion to achieve non-forced compliance can be more effective than direct legislation'?

5 What was founded by Ferdinand II of Aragon and Isabella I of Castile to keep Catholic orthodoxy as the major religion of their kingdoms?

6 What was the occupation of the brothers in the 1954 film 'Seven Brides for Seven Brothers'?

7 Who was the only English winner of the World Snooker championships in the 1990's?

8 In golf, what name is given to a score of three under par on a given hole?

9 Which iconic symbol of American independence is found in Philadelphia?

#158883 by JUS
Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:15 pm