• Topic Title

• Topic description
Challenge fellow quizzers by posting your favourite questions and quizzes here.

Moderators: playgirl, JUS, rodbox

#169533 by Paul Slade
Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:29 pm
Over the past few years, I've submitted a dozen questions to Radio 4's Round Britain Quiz, a handful of which have ended up being used on the programme. As we're all looking for ways to entertain ourselves during the coronavirus crisis, I thought I'd post some of them here and see if anyone wants to tackle them. Here's a nice easy one to start with:

Q1: The first begged to repeat itself, the fourth hoped to dispose of its makers, the seventh took a deadly spin and the last proposed inaction. But what colour was the tenth? And why isn't that strictly true?

I'll leave each one up for a week, them post the answer and set a new question. If any of them end up being fully solved before the week's up, then I'll post the new question straight away.
#169540 by Paul Slade
Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:03 pm
Wow, a real tsunami of interest there, eh? I'll try one more question then, if there's no response to that either, let it drop.

The last question, of course, was based on the UK albums The Beatles released during their lifetime as a band. We were looking for, respectively, Please Please Me, Beatles for Sale, Revolver and Let It Be. Then there's what we generally call The White Album, but was officially titled The Beatles.

Q2: Bob and Bill have us Bruce. Stan and Steve gave us Peter. Jerry and Joe gave us Clark. How are these three creations better known, and which travelled furthest to join us?
#169541 by Rosemary M
Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:03 pm
I think these are all superheroes - Bruce Wayne (Batman), Peter Parker (Spiderman) and Clark Kent (Superman) who was born on planet Krypton, so presumably travelled furthest.
#169542 by Paul Slade
Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:38 am
Quite right, Rosemary - six full RBQ points to you.

Just for the record, the creators I had in mind here were Bob Kane & Bill Finger (Batman), Stan Lee & Steve Ditko (Spider-Man) and Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster (Superman). It was the fact that each pair happened to have alliterative first names which made it so tempting to set a question about them.

Time for a more difficult one now, I think:

Q3: Novels by Bret Easton Ellis, Ken Kesey, Alexander Solzhenitsyn and Charles Dickens follow one man’s order. But who is he? And which work by Anton Chekov should come next?